Friday 8 January 2010

Favourite Colours...

...Remember when I made that calendar for Andrea? Well, one afternoon I was colouring in some of the images ready to put it all together and Andrea phoned me...so I said...."what are your fave colours....?" and she said....Purple and Turquoise...so I coloured this one in with those colours using ProMarkers...



I used some Basic Grey Euphoria papers, teamed with some lace and Prima flowers and paper roses for the embellies, adding in some leafy bits made with a Martha Stewart punch...and then used some jazzy thread to make a wrap around bow thingy *please note; my descriptions are as great as ever*
The sentiment is one of my faves...by Penny Black and I use it on practically every card I make at the moment LOL I added in some little fancy head pins with beads threaded on as a finishing touch.



Thanks for looking...I hope that you are all safe and warm and the snow is not too bad for you...we still have a fab covering...but just clock these icicles which are hanging from the neighbours houses....



typically we haven't got a single one on our house *sulks* ... I will sound like a right mucky pup now...but when I was little me and my friend Elaine used to go picking icicles and suck them like ice pops....goodness knows what was in the ice, I shudder to think but I am still here so I guess a bit of muck doesn't hurt ROFL

Hels x

14 comments:

LME said...

Love the colours :)

Helen said...

The colours look great together! Still remain to be convinced about Tilda, but she is quite cute! I've got some icicles you could have too, if you want, lol!

Sandy said...

OMG this is darling. Wonderful colors. Love this sweet card Hels.

Hav a wondeful weekend Hun.

shaz earl said...

Brilliant Hels.. my fav colours too xx

Unknown said...

Yummy colours and yummy card ... sucking icicles ... not so yummy :0)

Effie said...

Wow .. those colours look stunning together

Effie said...

Just noticed the sucking icicles thing...........glad I wasn't the only one!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, those colours are perfect together! xx

Anonymous said...

Did you enjoy your 'ice pops' lol!

Fliss said...

Gorgeous creation Hels and the colours are fabulous.
We've still got snow in Sussex which hasn't melted due to the big chill. Still looks lovely in my garden.
Managed to get out today as I was meeting friends for coffee and when I drove back home, I slowed to a stop behind a bus and next second an avalanche went down my windscreen! The snow on the roof of the car all came off at once. Just as well I was stationary at the time!!!
Hope you enjoy this lol
Fliss x

Cheryl said...

Love the colour Hels we are -5 at 9pm tonight but no icicles lol Chiz x

Anonymous said...

I can totally see why she loves that color combo! They are fabulous together. What a great piece, Hels!

Chicken Licken said...

Love those colours too! And yes I was an icicle sucker too!
X

Shazza said...

gorgeous, gorgeous card Hels, love the colours. Great piccie to, I stuck some pics like that on my blog as well. I was using icicles in my drink last week lol!
Happy New Year hun
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails