Saturday 10 September 2011

Saturday Show & Hels... T'Pouch Instructions...

...Wow, I have had so many lovely comments and emails about how to make my latest invention... the T'Pouch... so... here I am with some piccies and the measurements etc. If you haven't heard of the T'Pouch... here's a little bit of history: I love to make tags... and was getting a bit bored of just doing the old tag... so I decided to make a pouch for the tag to sit in... that way I could really go over the top and decorate that too.





The name came about after I had been discussing "what to call this here pouchy thing" with Dan... and he said... why not call it the T'Pouch! So I have! So.. on with the pics etc... Oh before I do... the T'Pouch is designed to hold a Size 8 tag... which is the size that the Sizzix Alterations Tag Die is... and also the size of the standard Ranger tags :O) Right...here we go!


STEP 1

Cut a piece of cardstock or double sided paper to measure 25cm x 13cm



STEP 2

Score at the following along the longest side:

1.5cm
1.5cm
9cm
1.5cm
1.5cm
9cm
1cm

And score along the shortest side at:

11cm



STEP 3

Fold along the score lines... the 1.5cm measurements will form the expanding part at the sides of the T'Pouch. The 9cm lengths are the front and back and the 1cm will form a flap for gluing the T'Pouch together. Fold along the 11cm measurement... this will form the flaps for the base.



STEP 4

Snip out the little extra pieces that are along the bottom of the cardstock - this will make assembling easier. All you need are the two 9cm long flaps. One will go over the top of the other to glue together.


STEP 5

I have marked on the template where to glue. Cut two pieces of card/paper to measure 10cm x 8cm. These will be the front and back pieces that you can ink/stamp/decorate before attaching to the T'Pouch.



And there you have it. If you do make a T'Pouch, please do let me know... I would love to see lots of little T'Pouches taking over the world (mwaha... mwhahahahaaaaa - said in Dr Evil voice) Anyways... here's the tag and T'Pouch that I have finished..


And... the tag... I am entering this into the Tag It On challenge this week which is ... RED... and I can see lots of red on this one so hopefully it is acceptable.



And finally... last week I did the Watermark Resist Technique and had some candy to win... so, I had 61 comments and Mr Random.Org chose #52 which tallies with the comment left by Craftimamma. So... thank you all for your comments... muchly appreciated... and if Craftimamma could email me her addy I will pop the card and Pad into the post! Right, enough waffling from me for a day... tomorrow is a brand new Sunday Stamper theme... please do pop back to visit... oh and there are still a few days left to enter into the Bloggy Birthday giveaways I am doing... all the deets are up there in the sidey bar... Right.. am offski... thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

24 comments:

Vic said...

Thanks for the great tut! You area sweetie!

Dragon said...

Well that is clear and useful, Hels... shall give it a go... I am ALL in favour of making more real estate for decoraing!!

And of course it is red enough for TIO... we are pleased that you are dreaming with us again this week, with such a magnificent piece - that flower is a whole dream in it's own right!! tee hee
Frankie
xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Stretching my playtime just a bit more to have a go at your T tag idea. So many possibilities for it. Thank you for sharing!

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing the T'Pouch with us! Your tag is awesome, too!

Debbie said...

Love all your details Hels! Thanks for your howl-to!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Thanks this is great can't wait to make one, thanks trace x

jude said...

Thanks for those i may just have to amke one.Your tag is beautiful love the colours!Have fab weekend
hugs judex

Joanne said...

This is very generous of you Hels. The piccies make life easier too for crafty amateurs like me. Thank you.
Hugs Joanne xx

france papillon said...

great tut that will be muchly used! ;) thanks for sharing :)))

Barb Cady said...

Thank you for your generosity in sharing Hels, def. will have a go hopefully today! Love the tag, it's beautiful! xx

Wanda said...

thanks for the T pouch instructions. I will give it a try today. Always love your tags and this one is no exception. Those flowers are so scrum my! Thanks for joining us this week on the TIO challenge.
Wandaxx

craftimamma said...

Oh Wow Hels! You really have made my day. I'm so chuffed to have won a piece of your art to add to my little box of treasures. The watermark pad will always come in handy but it's the card that will be treasured. Thank you very much. I'll email my addy shortly.

Thanks for this brilliant sbs and I'm glad it fits the Sizzix tag die. As I have that die and now the watermark pad will soon be in my sticky mits I have no excuse not to get cracking have I, lol!

The tag and Tpouch you have made are lovely, As Frankie said the flower is a dream all on it's own but the whole thing is stunning.

Have a good weekend Hels and thank you once again.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Shazza said...

fabby tutorial Hels and loving your red T'pouch x

Helen said...

Hels, your tag and t'pouch are fabulous, thanks for the instructions - and for dreaming with us at TIO this week.

Shirley said...

Very cool, Hels. You do beautiful work.

Unknown said...

craftimuma - well done on winning the resist giveaway

Thanks for sharing the T'Pouch Hels - yours is gorgeous

Kirsten Alicia said...

Thanks for the tutorial Hels. I am hopeless at measuring & following instructions - not very good at the old left brain/right brain business :) - but I will have a go & will let you know if I'm successful. I foresee a LOT of paper being used. :)

ElizabethR said...

oky doky will give it a go. Gorgoues red tag, I would wear that flower! Thanks for sharing with us at the TIO this week. Elizabeth x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Hels, that's a wonderful tag. Love all the details and the texture on it. Thanks for dreaming with TIO this week.

blackdragon said...

This is just perfect.... really gorgeous.
Thank you for dreaming with us at T.I.O
lynx

Ruth Ann Hager said...

Beautiful flower. Stunning card. Love it. Obviously made with heart and joy. Thank you for showing it to us all!

JULIET11@gmal,com said...

hel i think your art work is amazing love from julie hugs xx

JULIET11@gmal,com said...

hel i have got a picture of cross with a rose in side of my drawing i will no you will love it love your work love julie xx

Jemara's said...

Hels you are a crafting genius.
After a little mojo absence, I decided the best place to look for it was your fab blog, as you can tell one of the many projects that has inspired me is this one, WOW, all the way back to 2011 from 2015... At this rate I will run out time to craft today. Think it's time to stop looking and start crafting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails