Sunday 11 September 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 171 - The Time To Remember

Goodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all. Firstly, thank you everyone for your amazing comments on last weeks challenge... I was overwhelmed with the 83 comments left. And... as promised... the number of comments + entries was popped into Mr Random.org and he chose #45, which tallies with the comment left by BETJUNROE... please can you email me your addy and the T'Pouch will be on its way to you shortly :O))




Now, I am sure that each and everyone of us is aware of the significance of todays date, being the 10th anniversary of 9/11. This weeks Sunday Stamper theme is going to be Memories/Remember, to honour all those who lost their lives or were affected by this atrocity. To join in is simples... just make a little something - it can be anything you fancy... include the theme and some stamping... and then pop back here and leave me a comment with the link to the place you are showing your art... then I can hop on over to visit you. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 17th September 2011.


I kept my make pretty simple this week... now, forgive me if I have it completely wrong but I think that the stamp I have used is the Manhattan skyline... it is a Tim Holtz collection stamp and it just looks right... even if it isn't, that is what it is signifying :O)) I used some Lost & Found paper for the calendar page, circling the date... and added a beautiful Studio 490 sentiment. It is kind of fitting I think. The whole of the tag was stamped with stars, stamping using Pale Ochre Archival Ink and they are to signify all those that lost their lives. I also added a couple of star embellies... whenever I think of America I think of all those gorgeous metal stars that they put on their houses and buildings...



Anyways... on a much happier note... I am in a state of excitement again... oh yesh indeedily... this time, five weeks time... I will be... in a class with the one and only Wendy Vecchi!!! I know!!! I can't quite believe it either but... tis true! I am going to stay with Ellen for a few days and whilst I am there, Ellen is treating me to some classes with Wendy at The Queen's Ink and I am beyond excited actually. I am so looking forward to my trip back over the Pond again... I mean, how fab... I get to see Ellen, (and her wonderful man) meet her new kitty Joe, meet THE Wendy Vecchi... I get to go to Michael's again... and...ahem... I get to go to the Land of the Cheesy Chester Cheeto... I mean, what more could a girly want huh? Anyways... enough whittering... I shall, no doubt, bore you all to tears with my chatterings about my impending trip... so I shall say... thanks for looking and... TTFN!

Hels x

26 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Love the anticipation of a trip and what a trip it will be for you. Such fun!
Today is a contemplative type of day and I hope to make it memorable maybe even with your challenge!
Your colour selection and images are spot on for the message today Hels!

craftimamma said...

What a fabulous tag to commemorate this day Hels! You have put a lot of thought into it and it is very appropriate.

Lucky you having another wonderful trip over that very large pond. I bet you can hardly contain yourself, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Laura said...

Very poignant and touching tag, I am well impressed by it and think you have hit the mood and sentiment perfectly. A sad tag but so appropriate. You have made me think I should make something too to signify the 10 years!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful. Very moving, Hels.

Laura said...

Your tag has so moved me Iit made me go to You Tube to review some of the most shocking footage.

I came across this which was extremely intriguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=phKiT2-94XU

It is shocking. Not too may horrific pictures but unpleasant thoughts. If you do watch it tell me what you think. Not for the faint hearted. This is the power your tag had on me.

france papillon said...

Love your tag Hels, soft but with such a strong message! and the background inking is amazing!

thanks for tickling our mojo :)))

Sandy said...

Really fantastic tag and a wonderful remember hun.
Fantastic design. Love them.xoxo

Helen said...

Ooh, lucky you twice over - Ellen AND Wendy!! Love your tag, it is very fitting in tribute.

Daniele said...

lovely tag with a lovely sentiment, it says it all
hugs

ellen vargo designs said...

Oh my... I've gone a little misty with your beautiful tag hon. It is absolutely gorgeous, in spirit and everything else. Thank you for all the thought behind it - (and I do think it is the NYC skyline). On a happier note... 32 DAYS! Can't believe how lucky we are - we can't wait to see you! We're stockpiling Cheetos... LOL...

Lotsa Love... Els xxx

Gillian .... said...

Hey hunny, a fitting theme to remember all those affected by 9/11, your tag is perfect. You is one lucky bunny ... a class with THE WENDY VECCHI ... ok I need all the deets lol. xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag to commemorate today, perfect sentiment too. Lucky you having another trip over the pond and doing workshops too, I'm envious and Michaels will probably have a load of Halloween goodies for sale too, I would be in my element. We need one over here don't we? Tracy x

Helen said...

Have posted a tag to my blog for today. Take care everyone, my thoughts are with you.
Remember

Janeyc49 said...

What a fabulous tag Hels - really does say everything about today. Very special.

Unknown said...

What a great and thought provoking tag. Simple and sincere.

Have a fabulous time on the pond - looking forward to your return and seeing your new makes.

many congratulations to the winner of your giveaway

Laura said...

I have joined you with a tribute to all who were lost at 9/11. Thanks for such a meaningful challenge.

http://ashappyas.blogspot.com

Georgie Horn said...

What a lovely tag. I am moved by it.

Kirsten Alicia said...

The theme is perfect & your tag is gorgeous.

Shirley said...

What a beautiful and very meaningful tag.

Judy said...

I just recently discovered your blog and wanted to let you know how much I love your work. You are one talented lady - and so funny! Your 9/11 tag is very moving and beautiful. I started a little collage piece yesterday as my tribute to that horrible day (I live in the U.S.) and when I saw your challenge I decided to submit it. I've been making cards for years, but this is the first time I've ever made anything like this. Thanks for the inspiration and for the wonderful challenge. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!

My collage is here.

Judy

Lori said...

This is a freakin' awesome tag, Hels, PERFECT for the occasion, love how you paired that skyline with the sentiment.

Lynne Phelps said...

Perfect, absolutely perfect. The stamp even has the two towers. The sentiment is perfect also. So touching, so timely. Thank you.

Lynne Phelps said...

Forgot to add my link! Here is my We will never forget art journal page.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Phew it still is Saturday. Here is my contribution to your challenge Hels, in what has been an extraordinarily challenging week!

http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com/2011/09/talk-about-multi-tasking.html

Gerda Weiland said...

Here is my entry:
http://freubelgerda.blogspot.com/2011/09/looking-back.html

Jo said...

Phew - ust made it! http://shabbydandelion.blogspot.com/2011/09/memories.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails