Thursday 7 January 2010

Time....Round Her Neck?????

...I really am scraping the barrell for a title for today's offering...but...it kinda makes sense...in a round about sort of way... Today is a very special day...it is Jennie's **th birthday and to celebrate this event I made a card (yes, most peeps do do that) and also ventured into the jewellry making part of the world that is crafting.




I haven't made anything wearable before (except for all those tshirts that I have dropped ink on over the years) so this was a bit of a new thing for me. Inspired by Lynn who has been making the most amaaaaaaazing Steam Punk jewellry *you have got to go and look at her brilliant blog...hang on a mo though, finish reading this one first tho ROFL* I kinda got a bit lost of the way and ended up making a sort of, kinda like, Steam Punkish (if you squint you will see a resemblance) necklace as a pressie for Jennie who always wears wacky jewellry anyway...so I am just hoping that she likes this *and doesn't fire me from the DT for my last comment* :O))




I started off with an empty watch part that was in a huge jumblee bag of junk, I polished it up a bit and then used a Salvage Sticker for the main element...a clock, I added some little watch parts and a J to personalize it...and then added some hands which have a special meaning...I won't let on how old she is, I wouldn't do that *cos she'd fire me* but they aren't just telling the time LOL




I used Glossy Accents to fill in over the bits and make a protective layer for the watchlet...and added a piece of Idea-ology Foliage which I had bent about a bit to make it stand out more. The hangy round the neck thingy is like a little leather strip with added fastener...goodness knows where that came from... wish I could say I made it myself but alas, my jewellry making days are over :O)





The card is made up from little squares of mini Jenni Bowlin papers (actually, correct syntax ...should read; Jenni Bowlin Mini papers)....(otherwise it sounds like Jenni Bowlin is mini!!) which I stuck to a piece of backing card, drew a few faux stitches on (couldn't find my stitches stamp...and as for attempting to use a sewing machine....pah!) I backed this onto some black card to make it stand out a bit and then edged the whole cardstock with Antique Linen DI and bent over the corner to make it look old. The little Grungepaper Rose is made from the middle sized Flower Power stamp, inked with Antique Linen and then overstamped with Fired Brick and the Houndstooth background stamp. The leaves are from the same Flower Power plate, inked with Shabby Shutters DI and then overstamped with the Dotty background stamp. I went a bit OTT with the Glossy Accents glue which is visible if you look at the rose on the angle...but...more is better than less right? Wrong? Ho hum!






The metal rose is made up using Idea-ology Foliage....and this technique is borrowed from Tim's 12 Tags... I have made loads of these...I love them and think they go really well with the Grungepaper rose.




The sentiment is a Wendy Vecchi stamp...I love this one the bestest I think, and I popped it onto some Maya Road chip, coloured with the same DI's and overstamped with the Houndstooth again.




I am hoping that Postie managed to get this to Jennie before this post is uploaded...if not...stop looking now Jennie...you will spoil the surprise LOL Cor, that is a lot of waffle from me today...one last thing....because of the snow...and because it is her birthday, Jennie is offering free P&P on stash from The Artistic Stamper and this runs til Sunday Jan 10th...

Thanks for looking...

Hels x

21 comments:

Helen said...

I'm sure she'll love it, and if not, I'll have it instead!! Our postie to the office didn't arrive cos it's too dangerous for them - ah bless! WE managed to get here.... though it's not nice out there on the pavements. Stay safe.

Juls said...

love the watch! so creative!

Sandy said...

O M G !!!
Your work is oustanding Hels. Really unique and special. A big apllause for you Hun.

Unknown said...

She is going to love it ... beautiful!

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic!!! Love the necklace
x

Laura said...

Looks great and very professional. Well done!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love the necklace, Hels! So cute how the hands have "meaning"....perfect little touch to make it even more special. Gorgeous card, too! She's going to love it all :)

Lori said...

Well, I'd say your venture into jewelry was a fabulous success! Very cool piece, and the card is just lovely.

Artyjen said...

Can't imagine why she would not love it.....gorgeous!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the necklace. Love, love, love! And thank you reminding me about the salvage sticker: they're perfect to add to a background I made and didn't know what to do with!

Now, can I join the waiting list for the necklace? Thanks!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

My birthday is soon! lol, what a beautiful gift, she will be so excited, and is so lucky! OK, now you really impressed me GF....jewelry too! Amazing Houndstooth piece too! warm hugz

Nicks said...

Golly golly gosh it is bloomin' gorgeous, Bet she is chuffed to litle mintballs!!
Love the cover of this months Craft Stamper as well!

Unknown said...

The necklace is FABULOUS!!! She will most CERTAINLY love it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pendant....so utterly fantastic! Great card too..obviously.

cheryl said...

OMG this is stunning so love your roses,love the papers ohh just everything,love cheryl xxx
brilliant watch too

Cheryl said...

wow wow wow Helen what can I say it is gorgeous if she doesn't want it, you know where I am lol. Hugs chiz x

Minxy said...

sorry not been by sooner, i've been proper poorly as you may of seen, all your recient work is just super duper and as always you make me jelious that i'm not as good as you :op x
This piece reminds me of the pocket watch i made for you, still to this day thats one of my fav pieces, hope your keepin well hun hugs minxy x

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are beautiful, Hels, and I would say right up Jennie's street! I bet she was delighted,

Lucy x

Ann said...

Stunning Hels, I'm sure Jennie will love it, cos I really do :D, beautiful card too xxx

Debby said...

You're so funny. You should make more wearable art. This is stunning! And I love your card. Beautiful.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Well it finally arrived this morning and I am absolutely over the moon with it, and it is hanging in front of my workspace for the min, so I can see the time! lol. Thank you so much for your gorgeous gift and card
Big HUgs xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails