Saturday 9 January 2010

Playing With Metallics....

...Over on the Play Date Cafe challenge blog there is a new theme this week....to use Black, White, Silver and Gold....




Oh how totally perfect for me...my fave colour combo's! I could have made several things for this challenge...but I have yet to make my Sunday Stamper entry for tomorrow so I had to do everything on one piece :O))



I used a Maya Road chipboard base and covered it with a layer of Claudine Hellmuth's Blank Canvas paint...dried this off with the heatgun and then popped some Terra on top. I used a couple of background stamps from The Artistic Stamper, including the new Sequin Waste stamp...which is now my favest ever *see how quickly my faves change and then change again?* I used the heatgun to dry the Terra...and this bubbles it up in places which gives a great textured base to then play with paints. Painting over the Terra with more Blank Canvas and then using Silver and Gold Dabbers to emphasise the bumps and textures.




The roses are made using the Flower Power plate, medium sized flower, stamped onto Claudine's Sticky Back Canvas...I painted this with a couple of layers of Blank Canvas and then used a StaZon to stamp the flower. One of the roses had the Houndstooth and the other had the Dotty backgrounds ... again from The Artistic Stamper. I backed the canvas onto Rock Star black Ten Second Studio metal...this doesn't show up as well as I would have liked...think I need to try this method again and perfect it LOL The birdy is a Maya Road shape, as is the message mat, stamped with background stamps and then a Studio 490 sentiment. I added in a few scrolls .. yep, Maya Road again...and some black pearly things to finish it off.




I loved making this...fave colours, fave products and ...Mojo restored! I can now go and make something for tomorrow...thanks for looking...have a great day...I am off to get inky and messy and see what I can come up with for the new Sunday Stamper tomorrow...please check back in the morning to see what the new theme is :O))

Hels x

29 comments:

Sandy said...

Woooooooooooooow no more words for this. Gosh your work is stunning Hels. Love them.

Have a wonderful weekend.

TinaB said...

Oh My!!! That is STUNNING!!!!!!!!

I love it Hels, you are so talented xx

Kaz said...

That's brilliant. I have now added sticky back canvas onto my wishlish!

Love the colours too x

Unknown said...

Lovely work Hels ... that spotty bird is fab XXX

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous

Kim said...

Beautiful!!!!! LOVE the texture you achieved on this background!

Sandi said...

So elegant, love the texture, those flowers are diving, thanks so much for challenging with us this week at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Helen said...

I love the roses. Looking forward to tomorrow's challenge, hope to have time to do it unlike the current one (I got the stamp out ready...) as there is no football on I should be ok!!

cheryl said...

wooooooooo perfect it how? this is brilliant love it the textures and detail are just amazing hugs cheryl xxxx

Elaine A said...

Hels -

Wonderful! So very gorgeous!

Elaine Allen

Carol said...

I've got to say to you that this is stunning! Lovely work :)

Carol x

Tinkertaylor said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Juls said...

stunning!!! Those roses are gorgeous! Hugs Juls

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's absolutely gorgeous hun p;) I've done my SS for last week but only finished it today so will upload it tomorrow.
Anne xx

Anne Jagger said...

This is stunning!

Kathryn B said...

This is just soooo cool! I love it! The flowers are to die for also!

Lynn Stevens said...

more Fab Flowers Hels! Brilliant work!

Laura said...

Fantastic make. Recognize some techniques from Arty Crafty Weekend. Fab to see you using them. Looks fantastic. Are you thinking of gong again this year?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Just flat out gorgeous. Maybe I'll get my act together and meet this challenge too! You've certainly inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the roses!

Lesley Edmonds said...

WOW this is SOOOO pretty Hels, Just gorgeous!
Lesley x

Sarah Anderson said...

Hels those roses are FAB all in black n white!!! Lush they are ;)

Don't think I said congrats on making the front cover of Craft STamper! Superb piece, looks fantastic :)

Debby said...

Gorgeous. I looked all over for the sequin waste stamp but couldn't find it. Probably would cost me an arm and a leg to get it here but I wanted to look at it and drool a bit. Excuse I need to go change. My shirt is wet after admiring this piece.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

YES YES YES!!! Picking jaw up of cold floor, tounge sticking to some goop, at a loss for more words, this ROCKZ!!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I missed this.. it is just gorgeous, and for those of you who like the sequin background this will be avaialble soon :)
xxx

PetraB said...

This is absolutely fabulous. I love it, especially all the different textures. Petra.

Neet said...

Absolutely scrumptious. Love it, love it, love it. I so admire your work and have just had to sign up to be a follower.
An inspirational blog.

Cazzy said...

That is so gorgeous. Love the flower.

Cazzy x

Vicki Romaine said...

I love your Playing with Metallics. Your piece is beautiful. What is Blank Canvass? what is your source for it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails