Friday 29 July 2016

Carte Blanche for Blossoms & Bookpages!

Goodly afternoon!  Ooh I love it when a plan comes together!  It isn't often that I think of a project and actually make it so it looks like it did in my head.  This project started out in my head looking like... well, exactly like the finished article!  Unusual for me, I usually just slap stuff anywhere and faff around for hours trying to get things to look right.  Over on the Creative Carte Blanche blog, I chose the theme for July, Blossoms & Bookpages.  I chose the theme because I wanted to make this project... and being of slatternly persuasion, it is oft the case I will not end up making something because other things get in the way.  Perfect excuse to get my fingers inky and make something for the living room too.


I bought an old copy of Hans Christian Anderson's childrens stories a few months ago from a charity booksale... it cost me the princely sum of 50p.  One of the stories is Thumbelina.... I have a bit of an addition to fuchsias... well, actually, a lot of an addiction (I have 79 different varieties now *see, told ya, addicted*) and it just so happens there is a new fuchsia called Thumbelina.  I also have the Heartfelt Creations Fuchsia Dies... so... put them together and you get this project!


The shadowbox is from The Range and is 8" x 8", I smidged a wee bit of black paint onto the bare wood, sanded it back and then blended Ground Espresso DI over the surface to get this nice aged look. 


The fuchsias were made by sticking the bookpages onto card, die cutting the shapes and inking with Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet DI's to get the colours and then assembling the blooms.  The stems of the flowers are thin strips of bookpage/cardstock inked with Peeled Paint and the branches were made (very fiddly-diddly) by twisting bookpages around wire then inking with the green ink plus a smidge of Frayed Burlap.  The base inside is more bookpages, collages, knocked back with Antique Linen and Bundled Sage Distress Paint, splattered with Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage Distress Spray and then gently inked with more Ground Espresso to bring the whole design together.


I decided against adding any embellies (I know, what???) and wordage as I want the blooms to really stand out, it is simple but so pretty I didn't want to take away any limelight from those fuchsias.  Anyways... that's it really... I spent ages making this... the blooms are pretty easy to put together but it was the placement of them and the wrapping of the wire and making sure that it looked exactly like it did in my head...  Thanks for looking, have a grand weekend!  TTFN

Hels x

39 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is stunning those flowers are just so beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Karen McG said...

Absolutely gorgeous babe xx

Fuchsia said...

Absolutely love it Hels being my fave flower in the whole wide world !
It's a proper classy work of art colours are spot on and it's has loads of wow factor ....well jell ����������

Erika said...

Hels what a beautiful project, your fuchsia flowers ate stunning.

Hugs Erika. X

Candy C said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Hels.

Cal Shrive said...

Oh Hels your project is very beautiful, I love how you have used a script on the flowers, it just gives that extra wow factor. :) xx

Susan said...

Wow, Hels! I can tell this took you a while to put together! it is gorgeous! Those fuchsias are amazing - the framed piece will look fabulous in your house!

Joanne said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Fuchsias all year round, what could be better - don't answer that you!!! Xx

rachel said...

I absolutely adore this Hels - its blooming marvelous! Stunning work! Hugs rachel xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Awesome work! хх

CarolynLakin said...

Beautiful Hels xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Wow x

Wheely Bad said...

Hi Hels

It's beautiful. The Heartfelt thanks die is one I've been looking at and on the strength of this it's going on the need list. A stunningly beautiful piece of wall art.

Hugs, T x

Charlotte said...

Well, you did it!! You made the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. I can't even imagine the amount of time you spent but I can tell you that it was worth every minute!!! I just want to sit here and stare at it... maybe for a week!! Bless you and thank you for your beautiful work and for sharing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is really beautiful! I love the way the stems etc fall, it looks so natural. Love it! xxx

Godelieve said...

How gorgeous is this!

Redanne said...

When I saw the header at CCB I just knew you had created this gorgeous piece of art Hels! The fuchsias are stunning, stunning, stunning - they look so realistic, I can totally believe that you spent ages creating this. Using the bookpages from the children's story was a lovely touch too. Now, I must away to try and track down that die! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracy Welham said...

A stunningly 3dimensional piece I love it! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Hels, this is stunning! I love Fuschia's too but not got an addiction like yourself :) Love the design. I hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Linda xxx

toni said...

Simply wonderful !!!!!!! X

whyducks said...

Just lovely

Helen said...

Wow! I had to look twice - this fuschia looks SO lifelike!

Aquarius said...

This is fabulous - I'm a great fan of fuchsias as well.

Missy said...

Turned out fabulous! I definitely know what you mean by spending a lot of time getting your project to turn out like you imagined. I love it when the work goes my way!

LindaF said...

You must be very proud of this project as it is gorgeous.

cardmakerkb said...

What an absolutely gorgeous piece of art. You are such a talented lady.

Marci said...

Beautiful color and design. I can believe this took forever. Love how you used old book pages, too. Exquisite!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

I am fascinated with the way you are able to recreate these gorgeous flowers. Just beautiful and love that you've used book pages to do it. Thanks so much for this theme, I've completely enjoyed it!

Cara said...

Think I need a fuchsia die now! Stunning. Cara x

Annette Green said...

Oh Hels!! I'm so late in commenting, but I had to let you know how simply gorgeous this turned out! It is incredibly beautiful and right up your flower-loving alley. I'm so happy it became what you hoped it would. So, so pretty!

Ruth said...

Stunning piece of art, absolutely love this!!! Ruth x

Juls said...

So so utterly gorgeous!! Xx

Bullion Jackpot Call said...

Wonderful creation,thanks for sharing...

MCX Crude Tips

Jacqueline said...

Saw this on Godelieve's blog as thumbnail - just had to pop in and say how beautiful I think this is!

Anna said...

Beautiful!! I'm going to have to check on those dies!! Love the colors!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Image Manipulation Expert said...

Wow! wonderful and great post..thanks for sharing with us...
image manipulation service

على جمال said...


تمتلك شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض افضل الطرق والمعدات في تنظيف الواحدات الداخلية والخاريجة للمكيفات توفر تنظيف المكيفات الاسبلت الفريون الكاست شركة غسيل مكيفات توفر خدمة تعبئة الفريون بسعر مميز شركة نظافة مكيفات تساعد علي رفع كفاءة التشغيل مرة اخري

شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
نقدم خدماتنا مثل غسيل الموكيت والسجاد وغيرها فالهدف الاول هو راحة العملاء و اكتساب ثقتهم مهما تكلف الامر مع ضمان جودة الخدمات المقدمه و سرعة انجازها بكل سهوله و امان و على احدث و افضل الاساليب

افضل شركة لرش مبيدات بالرياض فنحن نقدم خدماتنا المتميزة في رش المبيدات الى المنازل والفلل والمحلات التجارية والفنادق المختلفه حيث تعتمد الشركة على مجموعه من المبيدات الآمنه والفعالة والموثوق فيها بإعتماد وزارة الصحة السعودية.

لذلك تحرص شركتنا ارخص شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض كأفضل الشركات الموجودة فى الرياض على التخلص من جميع الأفات الشرسه مثلا الفئران وغيرها من القوارض التى من الممكن ان تكون سبب فى تدمير اغراض اى منزل او قد تسبب بعض الامراض اونقلها.

Cyfuture Cloud said...

very informative and impressive article. Thanks for sharing with us
Linux Cloud Hosting

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails