Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 346 - New Moon on Monday

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your fab orange entries to last weeks challenge.  The new theme this week is... USE SOMETHING NEW You can interpret the challenge how you like: do you have some new stash to play with? Have you got a new technique to try out? Or... is this your first time playing along with the Sunday Stamper! ... the choice, it be yours!   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 28th February 2015.
 



There has been much mirth and merriment in the Room of Stash this week because new stash has arrived!   Oh yesh, after waiting patiently for most of January and February, Cracked Pistachio is finally in the building... and of course, it would be plain rude not to try it outBut!  What colours to put with it?  Well, I was Skyping with Ellen on Tuesday and she told me to use bright colours... you see, Ellen lives in a world of bright colours, fair embraces them... whilst I tend to live in a blue and brown world... so I took the bait and cracked on *pardonez le pun* with the Cracked Pistachio, adding Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord to the mix too.



The base of the tag is simply stencilled with Tim's new Flourish layering stencil... three different colours and one pattern looks fair pretty doesn't it?  Once I had done that I lightly blended Antique Linen over the top to slightly smudge the stencilling and add a smidge of... um... brown (don't tell Ellen)   Of course, it would also be very rude not to use my new butterfly from Tim's Perspective stamp set... so he got inked twice, stamped twice onto cream card and cut out twice, the second one, cutting into his wings *ouch* and making them smaller so they layer up nicely.   A blend of the same DI's again for his wings, colouring the underside too so they look pretty instead of the ugly cream card... layering onto a few paper flowers, a quick stamped sentiment from the same set - I got the BEAUTY to bleach out by using a waterbrush and a paper towel to remove the DI... and voila, one finished tag.  I have to say, after months of old Mr Mojo being AWOL or lurking behind a pile of dusty papers, he seems to have come home with great gusto.  I also spent a lovely afternoon yesterday in the Room of Stash... Ellen on Skype, ink and stamps in front of me... and I made... FOUR tags!  And... after tea, I was still popping with ideas so I started another project... that is part finished and hopefully it will be done later today.  I have grabbed the old rascal by the scruff of his pyjamas and I ain't letting him go anywhere.  *Mojo is actually a lazy old git and lives in his pyjamas for most of the year... only occasionally does he get dressed up*



Not only has Cracked Pistachio arrived.... Abandoned Coral has too!  Now, let me be the first to say... um... I wasn't too sure.  Like I mentioned, my world is blue and brown... not bright old pinky orange.  However, I am now in lurves with this new addition to the Distress line and, quite simply, I am actually now counting the moments until March 1st when another new colour will be announced by Ranger.  My money is on a purpley toned one... there's a gap there isn't there?  Milled Lavendar, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves... we needs another purple :O)  However, being as I am the world's worst gambler, it will probably be a green or something!
 

For 281 years I have religiously played the National Lottery.  I stupidly started with "picked" numbers... and had one line a week.  Then they brought in the Wednesday Lotto and of course, I had to play those numbers... just in case like.  Then I met Grim and we had "special numbers" so another line went on.. then it went up to two quid a pop (humph) but I diligently carried on.  And thus far have won a grand total of £129.  In 281 years. Mmm.   Anyways, a few weeks ago I thought it was Monday when it was Tuesday.  And I thought it was Tuesday when it was Wednesday.. and realised I had forgotten to buy my ticket... only when I saw the numbers drawn had three of mine in them!  Akkk... I missed out of £25!  To console meself I bought a new set of Tim stamps... ahem... that is only right and proper isn't it?   I just thank heavens it wasn't six numbers out... imagine how much stash I would have had to buy to make up for that!   On that bombshell I shall bid you a very goodly day and say... Thanks for looking!  TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Awwwww beautiful, love that Gorgeous butterfly stamp, going on the list x

Joanne said...

Didn't realise the butterfly was a stamp thought it was a die, it's bloomin gorgeous. Love how you cut into it. You sound really chirpy too. Hugs xxx

CJ the CraftyDragon said...

Gorgeous! By the way: I love the way cracked Pistachio goes so well with abandoned Coral! (I think we need a nice grey ... or as Tim would spell it, Gray!)

XX Cj

Chris Kelly said...

Hi Hels
Oooh what a beautiful colour. Your tag is so lovely. I am off to a craft show on Friday and I hope I can get Cracked Pistachio there. I see it with Picked Raspberry or even Ripe Persimmon- how wild will that's be.!!! Looks like I will need an extension to my Distress storage rack. I thought 48 spaces would be enough. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us. X Chris

ElizabethR said...

That is such a beautiful tag and I so want that butterfly :)It's gorgeous!
Here's my entry http://elizabethr-thecraftyrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/sunday-stampers-346-new-moon-on-monday.html
Hope you are doing ok? Elizabeth xxx

Redanne said...

Oh Hels, you had me at the butterfly! Love how you layered it up and those three colours look like they were just made to go together! Stunningly beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

So fresh looking,love the colour combo.Just love the butterfly, stunning tag as always Hels.Sue Balawajder (craftywaj) X

carol edwards said...

Well you have been busy and it's all gorgeous. The butterflies are stunning and love the colours too x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, This tag is gorgeous, I'm loving the new colour, the colours you have teamed it up with 'marry up' perfectly. I really need to get these 2 new colours.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Chaffinch said...

Well Hels, this is lucky, I have been playing with a new stamp this weekend. Here is the link

http://craftychaffinch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/chocolate-baroque-year-of-stamping.html

Cannot take the credit for the blue version as that was a project in a book, the gilding flakes version is my own, so submitting it for the challange. I love the effect of the silver mix gilding - gives the illusion of leaves coming down of the tree on a windy day - quite apt for today's weather.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oh, what beautiful tag! I love it!
hugs, Helena

Theresa said...

this is so bright and juicy Hels. lovely. and i promise i hadn't read your blog before i made the card. my new thing is the cracked pistacchio and i also used spiced marmalade in there.... if you fancy a look here is my link :http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/a-hint-of-spring.html hugs xx

rachel said...

stunning tag Hels - and such a good excuse for more Tim stamps!!! Lol!!! Here's my new make - http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/journal-page.html

Big hugs rachel xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I'm so glad you listened to Ellen as your tag is colourful and exciting! I think that Cracked Pistachio needs to be here too!
Haven't played for a while but here is my offering.
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/surviving-weather-event.html

Carole Z said...

This is so beautiful Hels, sorry I've been missing Sunday Stamper recently - combination of bugs, work and craft commitments, hugs Carole Z X

inreenesroom.blogspot.com said...

Great tag! Wonderful colors and so creative. I especially love the body of your butterfly...

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous tag! The colours are awesome as is that amazing butterfly! Sorry I haven't been around for ages and haven't joined in for an even longer time! This time I can! Here is my link
http://ramblingsandcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/artful-times-birds.html

Mrs Beez said...

Beautiful, beautiful tag. Love those colours and love that butterfly. I haven't cracked open the Cracked Pistachio yet and can't wait to try it out now I've seen what you have done.
Thanks for the perfect excuse to spend, spend, spend. An angel I am not!
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-3dv

Fiona (fizzi~jayne) said...

Love your tag! I've joined in Sunday Stampers for the first time, even though I have been following your blog for a while. Here is the link to check out what I have done, http://fizzijaynemakes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/sunday-stampers-challenge-something-new.html I hope to join in more x

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels you have created such a beautiful tag the butterfly is amazing. I would like to join in this week. I used a new stamp, I used Glossy Accents for the first time in a project and I used a new technique on the back of the heart. I love doing new things I do get bored quickly. Hugs xxx
http://tinyrosecr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/mums-word.html

myworldofcraft said...

Didn't quite make it in on time, but I'm proud of myself for trying so I'm going to link to my attempt anyway! First time at Sunday Stamper, even though I've been following your blog for ages.

http://myworldofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/something-new.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails