Sunday 16 November 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 333 - Baby's In Black

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you for your great sewing themed entries for this past two weeker challenge.   The theme this week is USING BLACK You can interpret the challenge how you like: use black sprays, black ribbons, black papers, black embellies...  the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 22nd November 2014.



My entry this week is a tag I made whilst demo-ing at the NEC a few weeks ago.  I have used lots of new goodies on it - starting with Ranger's fabby Texture Paste which was spread through Tim's Gothic Layering Stencil.  Once I had dried it, I used Antique Linen and Black Soot Distress Spray Stain smooshing the inks about the tag with a spritz or two of water.  A zap with a heat tool to dry the inks and then a smidge of blending Black Soot Distress Ink over the tag to make the stencilling really pop and voila, background completed.    The decoration is one of the stamp from Tim's latest Christmas Blueprints sets - I love that poinsettia - perfect for stamping a few times and cutting out and layering up, decoupage fashion... and finished with a Gumdrop which I coloured with Tree Branch Archival Ink.  I added a pearly strip to the bottom of the tag, die cut some of Tim's new Winter Greens and used Stick It on the card so I could sprinkle Rock Candy Distress Glitter over the surface - if you haven't tried Stick It yet... HERE's the info and where to buy - seriously FAB product folks, it is so thin that you can use it with thinlets dies and all your fancy thin dies too and it also acts like a waxy paper so the diecut pops out of the die without any huffing and puffing to release it...cool huh?  I used Tim's new Handwritten Christmas 1 stamp set for the word, how cool is that handwritten font!  A few bits and bobs to embellish and my tag was finished.


I shall away now - this is a pre-scheduled post as I am away teaching at Pickwell Farm in Southampton this weekend... and I am not going to even think about what day it should be when it is actually a different day completely lol   Thanks for looking, have a great Sunday!  TTFN

Hels x



16 comments:

Jackie T said...

OK I shouldn't be up so late and I certainly shouldn't be on a computer. Your project is gorgeous. I am very excited because I posted something on my blog today that is just right for Sunday Stampers this time. Here is the link: http://tinyrosecr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/dasher-deer-and-bag-of.html
Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

Marci said...

Love this! Very well done design!

Unknown said...

What a stunner, Hels!! LOVE this gorgeous bright red poinsettia bloom against the gothic embossed background! This tag is so posh--love the sparkly of the greens and that center gumdrop! GORGEOUS through and through!! Happy Sunday to you!! XOXO-Shari T.

Kathryn said...

Stunning I love it !!!! Happy Sunday xx

Helen said...

great tag! hope the weekend is going well. off to check out Stick It now..

Redanne said...

So, so beautiful Hels! I just got the blueprint stamp and you have inspired me to use it now.... love the beautiful background you created too. Hugs, Anne xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Fabulous tag! hugs, Helena

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, Wow !! this tag is fab-u-lous, I'm loving the texture paste and the stencil, and the fantastic poinsettia, I love this !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your tag is wonderful Hels. The neutralised background colours really make the poinsettia pop!
I'm on a scrapbooking kick at the moment. http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/watchinggrass-grow.html

I hope all is well in your world?

Chris Kelly said...

Hi Hels
Lovely to see you at The NEC. I have not had time to play with my distress sprays yet. I love everything you do and this tag is fabulous.
Crafty hugs
Chris x

JanBianchi said...

Beautiful textures and cheer. Love what you did here.

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous - stunning flower as always, glittery bits and jingly bits and fabulous text.

In between eating Weirdoughnuts I made a couple of bits too
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-30U
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-30w

el said...

wow

Carole Z said...

Beautiful tag Hels, sorry I didn't get anything made this week - still not quite up together, hugs Carole Z X

BarbaraW said...

This piece of art is so beautiful. I just love it.
Here's what I came up with: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2014/11/be-thankful.html

Craftychris said...

Love your fabulous tag! Here is my clean and simple card.
http://ramblingsandcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/bringing-home-tree.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails