...cor blimey and thrice! It seems like a yonk and a half since I blogged... so here I am today to show you one of the little projects I have been working on recently. Of course, you all know I am a self confessed Melting Pot addict and even though they are, sadly, no longer being manufactured, you can still get all the goodies to go into the Melting Pot. A few weeks ago I was rummaging through a pile of Tim's Wallflower paper offcuts with the idea to make a paper blocked affair... then I changed me mind because I have done so many paper blocked pieces I wanted to do something a little different... and came up with a more collagey thing.
And... being as I am of slatternly persuasion, my Melt Pot was still sitting on my desk, having not been tidied away before I started on a new project - yes, that New Year's Resolution went out of the window in about February time! Anyways, I put the layers of papers together and decided that a nice splosh of beeswax would look lovely over the top.
I edged all the papers with Aged Mahogany DI and then glued with Cosmic Glue (THE best glue in the world - IMO) and set about painting the wax over the top. I didn't re-heat the wax once I had painted it on because I wanted a more rustic effect and re-heating will also make the wax soak through the papers and give them a different effect. So, a slap of wax, a buff with a cloth and voila, waxily covered!
My rose is also made from the Wallflower papers and once the rose was glued and assembled, I dipped it into the melted wax so it coated it... bit like a Faux Porcelain but with wax... a gorgeous different effect. I did the same with the die cut leaves and stamped a sentiment onto the papers using Jet Black Archival Ink and painted wax over the top of this too. In order for waxy stuff to stick to waxy stuff, I took my hands into my own life *yep, right way around* and got out the hot glue gun - I am lethal with a hot glue gun and have several scars on my paws to prove it! If I had popped the glue directly onto the stamped piece of paper, the hot glue would have melted the wax on the top of it... so to get around this, I stuck some 3D foam on first and hot glued onto that. It worked a treat! Finishing touches are the pearl dangly bits and a cool little coat hanger I have been saving for such a project.
I just want to say thank you for your messages and emails about my health... I have had a second scan and thankfully, the results have ruled out anything sinister they were looking for... however, I am still none the wiser what exactly is making me so poorly so I have more tests to have now. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get an answer and a cure for whatever it is... and will be back to normal *ahem, well, normal for me* soonly. Thanks for looking, have a fabby day! TTFN