Sunday 19 October 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 330 - Fake Plastic Trees

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you all for your fab entries for last weeks starry challenge - it was great to see all the different ways you did interpreted the theme.   The theme this week is FAUX TECHNIQUES You can interpret the challenge how you like: faux rust, faux porcelain, faux metal...  the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 25th October 2014.
 



My entry this week is my class sample for today's Melty Distress Pot class at Daisy's Jewels in Coventry so I won't go into great detail on how I made it... I can tell you that I used Graphic 45's Twas The Night Before Xmas papers for my florally embellishment which I then dipped into clear UTEE in the Melting Pot and turned them into Faux Porcelain flowers and leaves... I LOVE doing this... in fact, it is probably the main thing I use my Pot for!


The background of the tag is Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain... and then some stamping using Tim's flourishy stamp *this is one of my fave stamps ever* and a music score - both from old Xmas sets.  A smidge of beeswax appears on the tag... and there you have it.... I know, secretive today aren't I?  *teehee* :O)


I hope you enjoy the challenge theme this week - so often I chose a colour or a particular item, I thought that this was a nice one so you could go and get thoroughly messy in your arty spaces today - or all week for that matter as the challenge is open all week.   I shall away now... thanks for looking and have a goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

23 comments:

Viv said...

It's lovely Hels, I havent got a melt pot so may need to improvise :-)

Rita said...

Fabulous tag Hels. Love it. Hugs Rita xxx

Wanda said...

Fabulous!

Joanne said...

That is lovely and bright on this dull morning
I love it to bits
X

Ruth said...

Great idea for a challenge, hope to be able to join in as I've been absent recently. Stunning tag as always Hels.....was a bit worried when I saw fake plastic trees as the title, but needn't have been! Sorry to read you've not been well, fingers crossed for you. Ruth xx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous, I love your roses, off for an inspirational brew ;) Elizabeth xxx

carol edwards said...

Wonderful tag Hels, gorgeous colours and melt pot flowers and leaves. Beautiful! X

TAM said...

I had hoped to join you at Daisys today bit it wasn't to be and now I can see what you were doing I'm sad :( On the bright side I see you'll be there again soon so hopefully I'll be able to join you then.
Hope you are feeling a bit better and getting to the root of the problems you've been having. xx

Chris Kelly said...

Beautiful as always. I hope you are feeling butter now.
Hugs from Chris x

Chris Kelly said...

Please don't feel the butter! I know we like to get messy but I think feeling the butter would be a step too far.
More hugs from Chr.is

Mary Elizabeth said...

So very gorgeous Hels. Love the flower -- gorgeous color and texture!! And how can one go wrong with glitter and Tim's flourishes!!! What a fun challenge this week! May give it a try myself. Have a lovely week! -- Mary Elizabeth

janna'scraftingattic said...

Gorgeous , I love those dipped flowers , loved the class at Pickwell where we did these :-) x

Redanne said...

Always love your faux porcelain flowers and this one is fab-u-lous Hels! Love the music score flourish stamping too. Hugs, Anne xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Fabulous tag! Helena xx

Carole Z said...

Fabulous! Ooh I'm just finishing a project that will fit with this beautifully! Hugs Carole Z xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This tag is fabulous, and I always love your meltpot flowers.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hi Hels the rose is superb - you are indeed the master of these beauties.
My offering is here http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/frame-it.html

Unknown said...

Hi Hels, I have to say that your tags are so very uniquely wonderful in all ways... your creative flair is FLYING HIGH.... and I love them all...been gone for a while... hidden in my studio creating a cubby.. hope you will take a look at it... grab a huge cuppa and enjoy it... I have you mentioned in there... funny story...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-talent-designer-for-our-creative.html

This is where it begins.. and it is LONG plus... took me 5 weeks to create and another week to upload stuff... LOL... am I obsessed? or what...
Anyway... look especially at the letter R section...

Hope you enjoy it...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Theresa said...

hello Hels, this was an awesome project to make. really enjoyed the workshop.
here is my first link for this week:
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/happy-diwali.html
i think you might see me again.... hugs xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, I'm back! Here's my project for this week, hugs Carole Z X
http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/rusty-lantern-sunday-stampers-week-330.html

Mrs Beez said...

Swooning over this and although I am no longer melt pot shy I haven't had the nerve to do the faux porcelain flowers yet.

I've been getting all heavy metal this week, but in a girly sort of way.

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2Vf

janna'scraftingattic said...

Sorry not to join in this week. Had a 9 hr round trip drive to cornwall today for a cremation service. Didn't get my CC3 challenge done either :-( my worn cover is still NEKID and devoid of inks and embellishm!!! Hope I can slide it in to a future project . Hope you are feeling better or at least getting some answers of why you feel poorly x

crafty creations said...

Very late this week but my piece is on my blog

HERE

Thanks for looking

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails