Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Long Arm of the Law...

...cor blimey!  I can't believe how quickly this past few weeks has whizzed past!  Tis time for my Jones DT offering.  Now a few weeks ago I was doing a demo day at Inspirations in Preston and there I was, sitting playing working and along came a policeman!  I know!  In a craft shop! *and yes, I somehow managed to look guilty even though I was, of course, totally innocent*  He had ventured into the shop to see if he could find something to mount a whistle in.  He had asked one of the gals who works in the shop and she brought him over to me (poor, unsuspecting chap) and of course, who am I to turn down the request of a policeman?



The whistle belonged to his sergeant who was retiring and he wanted to present it to him in a special box as a keepsake.  That was as far as he had got with his idea.  He was holding a little wooden box and looked a bit lost so I offered to help him out.  I painted the outside of the box for him, sanded it and then added some Distress Ink... at that point he had got a bit bored of watching paint dry and off he went to buy said box and go and fix the whistle into it.  He left me the lid of the box as payment for my time... yes, last of the big spenders lol   Of course, I needed to use the lid immediately so I filled it up with delish Rustic Harmony papers from Kaisercraft - painting the wood black, sanding it and then inking with Gathered Twigs to add a bit of vintageness to the project and then popping a few stamped butterflies into the box... voila, a quicky vintagey project finished.

 
I shall away now - I have a project on the go I need to attend to, exciting!!!   Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x


12 comments:

Joanne said...

You forgot to mention how utterly delish he was and how none of us were watching your demo at all while he was there LOL
XX

carol edwards said...

Oh it all sounds rather wonderful Hels as is your project x

ElizabethR said...

Hello, hello, hello Mrs............. sorry couldn't resist that one, northern humour and all that :) Gorgeous project, I love playing, ahem working with those papers as well ;) Elizabeth xxx

Redanne said...

I love Joanne's comment above.... you did well to complete the task for said policeman! I love your lid, it is so beautiful.... Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day with extras Hels...glad you could help him out. Love the box lid...beautiful :-) xx

whyducks said...

What a fantastic story and what a hero you are helping him in his hour of need and what a great job you did with the lid. I do hope you are feeling a big bit better xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is gorgeous. Your story made me smile. I hope you are feeling a bit better. Enjoy the rest of the week. Hugs Jackie

Craftychris said...

Fabulous piece! Just gorgeous. Love the story too xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, You failed to tell us how 'utterly delish' he was, but Joanne filled us in hahaha. Brilliant that you were able to help him.
Your project is fabulous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Fabulous project Hels, sounds like I missed something here with the 'relish' comments! Hugs Carole Z X

Mrs Beez said...

Oh what an amazing story - so sweet of you and I bet he didn't realise just how lucky he was. The only way this story could get better is if it had been a fireman, but that might be just me! Love your project with the box lid - especially the butterflies with their little pearls.

janna'scraftingattic said...

Wow, could only happen to you :-) he sounds rather tasty too ! The lid is smashing and very clever. X

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails