...what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon! Yesterday Ellen and I had an inpromptu Skypey sesh, it was indeedily a lovely surprise when the phone went and there was my lovely arty sister's happy voice saying "hello" Turns out Ellen had a free afternoon... as I did (which has been unheard of since mid February!) and we did a Skypey I Challenge Thee. We realised it was exactly THREE months since our last recipe challenge... how mental is that!!! Anyways... we soon put that right and came up with the following recipe and challenge:
Chunky Canvas - any size
Tissue Stamping Collage
Texture Paste of choice
Embellishments of choice
Alphapart to make word of choice
TIME LIMIT = 75 mins.
Well, it started off as me saying a time limit of 90 mins and Ellen got all exciteable and said "no, 60 minutes" So I said "gulp... erm.. how about we meet halfway and make it 75 minutes...." Which we agreed upon. Now folks, please do feel free to lift the recipe and go and have a play - especially handy when one's Mojo has naffed orf (as mine has a habit of doing...) The recipe is quite flexible... just the bones of a creation really. And if you do makes somethings... please do let me and Ellen know - BTW... to see Ellen's gorgelous creation HERE. What I love most about our Skypey sesh's is that we get to really play. This is not work.. it is all about the process of getting involved in creating... which makes my l'il ol' heart sing. The other thing I loves about is that it makes me feel closer to my arty sister who is soooo many miles away... the wonders of yonder t'internet eh? A marvelous thing indeedily!
The base of my canvas (which is a cool 4 x 6" and available from Paper Artsy) was coloured with Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Broken China and a smidge of Salty Ocean Distress Paints... all blended and spritzed and blended some more with Cut & Dry ... and then I went a bit mental with some drippage (loves that word, thank you Ellen for educating me on that one) This is SIMPLES with the Distress Paints as they are sooo liquidicious and lushulous (like the new words huh?) I got some paint on a spatula, ran it along the top of the canvas and then spritzed like mad with water to get the paints to really go watery. The brilliant thing about Distress Paints is that because they are 100% waterproof when dry, the drippage bit didn't ruin the base I already made. Normal paints would have had a fit of the vapours and gone mucky. Hurrah! The stamping - well, the heart strings is a Stampotique stamp - available from The Stamp Attic... and the stalks are an ancient Magenta stamp also from The Stamp Attic, not sure if they are still available but if you give Wendy a bell, am sure she will help you out. I stamped onto a single ply of Kleenex tissue with Black Archival ink and used Glue & Seal to apply the stamping... I loves how the tissue just melts into the background with the Glue & Seal (which is why I use cosmetic tissues and not proper tissue papers) The texture pastey bit... that is Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 Embossing Paste (black) mixed with my fave Crafty Notions Puff Paint (also black) and then spread through a Donna Downey for Prima stencil... and heat dried to make the puffy bits ..erm.. puffy! As ever, the "trademark" (as Ellen called it) two tone border on the sides... that is another reason to loves (notice a lot of loves going on here today!) chunky canvases. The stripes were made using Antique Linen and Black Soot DP's... and defined with my Stabilo All pencil... just to make the lines less clinical and more arty. I used some Treasure Gold to bling up the edges, the stencilling and the embellies... Florentine and Emerald came into goodly uses... especially the Florentine which seems to be my "go to" colour at the moment. I changed the colour of the Faucet Knob (a-top the canvas) and also the Bead Chain and Pen Nib (Idea-ology) and added smidges of it to the letters ... and of course, the word has to be WISH as that is Hels' word of 2013! And there you have it... one very happy Hels and a very nice recipe challenge! Oh and ... BTW... we... ahem... didn't quite finish it in the alloted time... to be honest, for me, it was more like 2 hours... which isn't tooooo bad... ahem!
In other news... the Case of the Missing Butterfly has now been solved. In yesterday post (which also has a giveaway so please do scroll down to see how to join in) I mentioned about the clear butterfly on a stalk lighty thing I have in the garden and how the stalk was there minus butterfly after the high winds of Thursday. Well, I have to admit, I was thinking AlfieCat had had his paw in its disappearance... but no, I apologised to him and gave him some treats to make up for doubting him... after some searching, I found it, nestled in the Borrage that I have been growing (ok, it is growing itself from last years seeds lol) and... it had severed a stalk of Borrage at that too! Blimey, it is only a small thing too! Anyways, to make up for his Mummy doubting his honesty, AlfieCat decided to turn into the Black & White Assassin! Oh yesh, this time it was the turn of an unwitting Cabbage White that fluttered into the garden yesterday afternoon. Alf the Assassin was having a mooch araaand 'is manor (said in my best Ray Winstone voice) when he happened across said butterfly. Not only did he pounce and pat it and pounce again, he then proceeded to eat it!! Ewwww... and then we wonder why he leaves us very smelly parcels in the litbox.. you know, he goes out - can be out for a few hours at a time... and still comes home and dumps in the lit tray. I have tried moving it outside but no, he waits til it comes back in! And on that delightful (if ever so slightly smelly) note... I shall bid you a very goodly day! Do check back tomorrow for a brand new Sunday Stamper theme. Thanks for looking... TTFN