Gooooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy sunny Sunday to you all! Many thanks for all the fabby pearly and sparkly entries for last weeks challenge and hello to the newbie entrants, thanks for joining us! This week the theme is a technique based one! And it be (if you haven't guessed from the song title...) RESIST TECHNIQUE. To join in is simples: make a little something - it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme AND some stamping and then pop back here to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry. If you haven't got a blog/photo-web-hosty thingy, you can also join in via Facebook or by popping me an email over (my addy is on my profile) The theme will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 18th May 2013.
My entry this week is featuring a new technique I found whilst playing with Distress Paints. Now one of my fave things is to experiment... I am oft heard muttering "I wonders if this will work...." So, I had this little brain wave, can I do a resist technique with Distress Paints... being as Distress Paints are completely waterproof when dried. Well, I came up with this idea. Stamp your resist - I used Glue & Seal to do mine but you could use Multi Medium - the thing is, the resist needs to be waterproof when dried as you are using a ton of water afterwards... and I thinks that an embossed resist would allow the water to creep under the image.... I am going to try that sometime though.
Anyways... I stamped my resist - which is a lovely scripty background from the Tim Holtz set Letters To Santa. I went right down the length of the tag to cover it completely with the writing. Once I dried it, I smooshed Broken China, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves DP's onto my craft sheet, misted them with water, misted the tag with water and then dipped the tag into the painty mix. A quick zap with a heat tool - not overcooking it - and then whilst parts of the tag were still wet, I used a baby wipe to soak up some of the surface paint. You see, the paints have stained the tag base between the resist... but haven't stuck to the resist. Where the paints are dry, the resist is obscured. So this is... a partial resist! I will do a tut at some point soon :O)
I love a bit of bookpage on a tag and this one is featuring a big old flower, made by die cutting the bookpages using the Tattered Florals Alterations die, I cut 18 in total, I then split them into three piles and dabbed the co-ordinating Distress Ink colours onto the flowers... you have to be a bit careful with this as the petals are fragile and can break off. I then layered them, in turn by colour... and added a Studio 490 Embelllish Your Art floral button, I coloured with Tumbled Glass Distress Pens to make it match in to the colour scheme.
To make the background a bit bolder, I grabbed my fave Hollyhocks stamp (Donna Downey for Unity Stamp) and stamped this using Black Gesso... and then layered up the embellishments... You will see a butterfly - yep - he is my fave butterfly ever... he is a Studio 490 stamp, using Jet BLack Archival stamping onto more bookpage that has been glued onto Clearly for Art Blackout... and then a pearly body. The border along the bottom is a pearly strip I bought in Michaels'... oh how I wish we had Michael's' in the UK! I love ... like really LOVE that store!!! OH and the ribbon, tis silky crush ribbon colured with the paints... yep, they have no fillers in them so the ribbon stays tactile and gorgeous but gets coloured. And there you have it.
Poor old Grim has been in the wars! Yesterday he decided to cut the side grass... which is a long old strip of grass and weeds. Well, it started raining. And the grass is on a slope. And Grim slipped. And his foot went up under the mower! I know, you are cringing aren't you? Thank the Lordy above he had his big old trainers on... they have been cut right through the sole..and thank the Lordy that his foot went sole first instead of top first... But! His poor toe has taken a beating. It is the middle toe on the foot and it now resembles a bit fat sausage ... a very big bruised sausage at that too. I am just thankful that he is sensible and was wearing the appropriate footwear... I shudder to think the horror if he had been wearing flipflops or the like! I am being Nursey Sheridan and applying Arnica Gel and I am going to strap up said toe as he is hobbling about at the moment. Bless him... he will be getting lots of sympathies from me... and poor old sausage, he is on his own for the next couple of days as I am headed off to the Crafty Bunch in Telford for a couple of Melt Art classes. Anyways... with visions of bruised toes I shall bid you a goodly day and hope that you like the theme this week! Thanks for looking... TTFN