Gooooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all! Many thanks for the gorgeous summery entries to last weeks challenge... and hello to lots of first-timers entering the challenge... I know I say this all the time but it sure makes me smile big to see all your fab entries. The challenge this week is staying with the colour theme... and it is... RED. To join in is simples; make a little something - it can be anything you fancy. Add in some stamping and the theme, pop back here and leave a comment for me along with a link to the place you are showing your entry so I can hop over to visit you. As ever, if you haven't got a blog or other web hosting platform, you can enter via email or Facebook. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 5th May 2012.
So. My entry. I had an absolute ball making this! Jo sent me a few stashly bits to play with this week ahead of my demo day (yesterday) and one of the pieces was this big frame from Kaisercraft. As soon as I saw it I knew that it was going to get some Studio 490 treatment... and I also cut into some of my precious Jenni Bowlin papers - I just love the combo of these colours with Studio 490. I started by coating the edges, recess and a smidge of the front of the frame with Black Soot Distress Stain, drying as I went and then reapplying so it achieved a nice deep tone. Once I had stuck the paper onto the frame I blended around the edges with Brushed Corduroy DI and then sanded them back slightly to reveal the white core giving it a bit of a shabby look. I then set about altering some Art Parts - covering the flowers with more of the papers and sanding the edges so they matched with the overall look of the piece.
I went to town with the Fired Brick DI and coloured three Grungepaper flowers (that flower again folks!) and made a rose (although I thinking this one looks a bit like an hibiscus bloom) The leafy Art Parts were coloured with Peeled Paint Stain, edged with Peeled Paint DI to add some shading and then overstamped with the big background stamp from the Accents for Art set (the one with that flower) using Olive Archival Ink. The fancy corners are more stamps from that set, stamped onto their co-ordinating Art Parts with Coffee Archival and then coloured with Brushed Corduroy DI.
I made a centrepiece to go into the recess... I even got out the little sewing machine and did a bit of stitching (mmm, still not mastered the big machine, I need lessons lol) and then coloured a cut down Scallop Border Art Part with Black Soot, sanded the edges, coloured over with Brushed Corduroy DI and then I glued it to the frame using... yep, you guessed it... Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I added some bits and bobs onto the shelf and then finally attached a little birdy using one of the new Screw Eyes (am loving these!) Ooh, I nearly forgot... I added some little butterflies that I stamped onto Clearly For Art - Blackout flavour using Gold Dabber... and then popped some Game Spinners onto them to make their bodies.
I had a FAB day yesterday at Jo's shop... many thanks for inviting me Jo and also thank you to your lovely Mum for looking after me and making sure I was topped up with coffee and cake. Oh, you should have tasted the cakes!!! I erm... sampled them all (not all at the same time of course!) they were scrummy. It was lovely to meet so many lovely crafters too... am waving hello to you all! Right, I must away, I have a date with my bed, book and hot water bottle... brrrr, tis chilly here tonight! Thanks for looking... have a fabby Sunday... I shall be installed on the sofa, watching the British Touring Cars, they are at Thruxton today... Go Plato!!! TTFN
Sunday, 29 April 2012