Monday 30 April 2012

That Flower... Has a Baby Brother!

...ooohalalalaaaaa and thrice indeedily! That flower, you know, that one that has become my firm favourite in the last few weeks... on the Accents for Art Studio 490 stamp set... well, it has a baby brother... and I had been really rude and ignored it because my head had been turned by the bigger one. Well, the little one is a darling indeed! It has five petals but still has the same gorgeous markings inside it.



So.. the other day when I was making my entry for the Sunday Stamper, I had some left over bits and pieces and popped together an ATC. I wanted to add a flower (yep, that one) but... it was ever so slightly too big for the ATC size. And then I spyed the other flower stamp, sitting every so patiently on the sheet, waiting to be inked... so, er, I inked it! I stamped it three times onto Grungepaper, cut out the layers and then coloured with Fired Brick DI. The middle layer has been coloured with Brushed Corduroy DI to add a bit of definition in the design. The rest of the ATC is made up of Jenni Bowlin papers, I got the sewing machine out and stitched around the edges and cut a piece using the Label Alterations die, stamped the sentiment (too cute!) and then popped that on there too.




I had forgotten how nice it is to make ATC's... you can get them made pretty quickly because they are only diddy but... you can still add some loveliness to them. Anyways... I would love to be able to sit and chatter and tell you all about what I did yesterday but... seeing as I did nothing, you would soon be bored! Actually, I did watch the Touring Cars... from a very wet Thruxton (thank goodness we decided to watch it on the tellybox instead of going there and getting drenched!) The sun is shining today, which is making a lovely change though. Right... I am offski... thanks for looking... hope you having a lovely sunny day too! TTFN

Hels x

16 comments:

Helen said...

It is indeed a pretty flower, I have been using it too... your ATC looks fab. I must get my thinking cap on for the WOYWW ATC swap...

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous ATC, that flower is beautiful, love the look you've created. Zo xx

Rita said...

Beautiful ATC. I love that flower too, but it'll have to wait I'm afraid. Have a nice day. Hugs Rita xx

Redanne said...

Indeedily it is beautiful, like it's big brother. I really must have a go at an ATC....love the sentiment too.
Another beautiful creation Hels. Anne x

whyducks said...

Oh very nice indeedy, you are a very clever flower girl Hels.

craftimamma said...

Beeeeoooootiful! and so is the ATC! Oh I so want that set of stamps. Hope the Birthday Fairy brings me some pennies at the weekend, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

Great ATC and love the baby brother flower too - not a great fan of ATCs but do make the occasional one.

Linda M. Cain said...

Really rich colors!

~Linda

Annie said...

Hi Hels. Love your ATC. I must admit to never having made an ATC but as you say it can be put together reasonably quickly. That image really makes a lovely flower. Hugs Annie :)

Joanne said...

Just far too nice. I now know I MUST get those stamps.
Hugs Joanne xx

rachel said...

glad you didn't ignore the baby brother for too long! Hugs Rachel xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...tis a little bundle of loVeliness & a joy to look at...Mel :)

Jenny Marples said...

Love it, and I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of this little flower!! Posting my entry tonight - hurrahh!
Saw those poor people in plastic sheeting at Thruxton and thought of you... that weather wouldn't have done you much good, but JP did ok in it.
Hugs, Buttons x

Katie @ Lady Like said...

So cute! I'm a new blogger and now following you, if you get a chance you should follow me back! I'd really appreciate it!
http://katie495.blogspot.com/

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

More red gorgeousness and fantastic stitching!!! Love this Hels!!!

Evil Edna said...

here is my entry:
http://evilednasworlddominationplans.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/red.html

tootles
EE

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails