Thursday 19 January 2012

Bottling Up...

... Not, indeedily, what they do in a pub of a morning... no, this is what I have called this Art Part piece... which has lots of bottles on it (ok, so my blog title is still rather dubious... am trying.. really!) So. My piece... is going to be my entry into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week which is... "Anything but a Card" CLICK HERE for all the deets.



The piece is based on a large square Art Parts Frame, the base is covered with Crowded Attic paper which I gave the Wrinkle Free Distress technique and overstamped with the long border from Make Mine Mini Art using Cobalt Archival Ink. The bottles are Corked Vials that I wrapped snips of the paper around... and popped a Memo Pin into each. Notice the letters in the Memo Pins.. that is one of Wendy's FAB techniques... I mentioned it the other day and do head on over to her blog to see all her inspirational work... as well as the new stuff coming out at CHA in a couple of weeks time (ooooh, I cannot wait to get my mitts on it all!)



The flower is made from Art Parts and Grungepaper. The largest Floral was covered with Wild Honey Distress Stain and overstamped with Vermillion Archival Ink. The Leaves were coloured with Forest Moss DI - I purposefully didn't overstamp these with a pattern because I wanted to have flower pop more. The Rose in the middle is made from Grungepaper, coloured on both sides with Fired Brick DI and then overstamped with Gold Dabber.



See the Scallop Trim along the bottom? Well, that is actually two Trims together to make the shelf. The first one, which is underneath, was painted with Gold Dabber so the gold shows through the holes in the top one. The top one was coloured with Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain... and over stamped with Gold Dabber. Now, Art Parts are lush aren't they? But... if you make a bit of a boo-boo with the colour, there's not much you can do apart from paint it or cover it with paper. So... I always try the colour combo's out ... on the back! No one will see that unless you want them to... and then you can decide on the colours you want to work with.




Anyways... yesterday I posted some rather shocking pictures of the Room of Stash... and today I am going to go.... Ta Dahhhhh... oh yesh, I have finished it (well, apart from sorting out the shelf above my desk that is) It is tidy, clean and neat. I am not sure how long it will last but I have sat myself down and given myself a really good talking to and have extracted a promise that agrees to keep it neat AND tidy away after each crafty sesh.... Watch this space eh?


Right, time for me to get moving... am being lazy today and am still in my PJ's... best go and get dressed... Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

17 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Whoa! Quite a transformation in your room of stash! Love your beautiful project!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely decorated art part Hels, love the sumptuous flower, the gold touch is lovely and the bottles are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Great tidy room too, wonder how long it will sat LOL. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Hi Hels! First I have just GOT to say...oh my gosh...your craft room looks TONS DIFFERENT! You did a fabulous job cleaning and organizing. I'm jealous! :) Now.. your entry this week into Simon Says is so lovely. I love the little vials with "ART" coming out of them! Your flowers,as always, are fantastic. Beautiful piece and design! Love you girlfriend! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Helen said...

Hels, that Art Parts piece is FAB. Love the shelf you made, I love that stamp you used on the scallop, it's one of my faves (though I haven't used it for a while!!) Well done on finishing the room; it looks great now.

Kyla said...

Lovely frame and SUCH a clean and tidy room! Lots of the WOYWWers blogs appear to be cleaning their rooms....I am resisting!!
kyla

betjunroe said...

This is awesome Hels! I love the colors, especially the vermilion on the flower--guess I'll need a trip to Queen's Ink for some! Bette

Aquarius said...

this is absolutely fabulous - love the little vials and the overall look

Joanne said...

Another fantastic rose there. So glad you finally have a tidy room. I was beginning to think it was goind to swallow you whole. LOL
Hugs Joanne xx

Kaz Hall said...

BOOTIFUL!!! gorgeous Hels and the makeover of the room is fabulous.....are you availible for hire?? I have a small shabby shed that needs some Hels treatment xx

kazx

Lori said...

As usual Hels, a wonderful piece of Wendyness! LOVE it!

Caz said...

I hereby solemnly promise that anything I move tomorrow will be tidily put back in absolutely exactly the same spot that I picked it up from, any waste paper pieces, used baby wipes and/or used kitchen roll sheets will be placed in the bin and even the minutest speck of ink, paint, embossing powder, dust, or fluff that I should cause to arrive on any surface in the Room of Stash shall be cleaned up before leaving said room - on penalty of death and never being invited for a playday again!
xxx

Nancy Wethington said...

Love, love, love those bottles and how you decorated each one. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

trisha too said...

Really lovely project piece, and your room looks wonderful to me--I will never post a pic of my disaster room!!!

;)

Art By Wanda said...

This is fabulous, Hels!!!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, such a beautiful project. And the room of stash looks fab.

Unknown said...

This is lovely Hels! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon.

Terry said...

Hey there Hels, how did I miss your entry on the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog, my goodness....so sorry about that I completely love your project, wowzersssss fabulous.....and your craftroom does look absolutely fantastic wowww Thanksss for sharing Hels. Hugs Terry xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails