Sunday 24 April 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 151 - Wind Beneath My Wings

Goodly Morning Stampers and a VERY Happy Easter to one and all. Many thanks for all the wonderful entries and comments for last weeks challenge... I had 95 comments/entries in total so I have asked Mr Random.org to pick out a number for me... and he chose # 78 which tallies with the entry from DALLYING DEBZ. Thank you all again for all your amazing entries!


So... a brand new challenge today and yes, I am a little later than normal posting. This is because I started making my entry yesterday evening and ... erm... got a bit engrossed in the goodies I was playing with, to the point that I looked up at the clock and it was nearly 1am and wasn't anywhere near finished! The theme this week is WINGS. To join in is simples... all you need to do is make a little something, it can be a card, ATC, altered art, tag - anything you fancy... simply include the theme and some stamping and then pop back here and leave me a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can hop over to have a nosey. This challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday April 30th 2011.


My entry is a shadow box which I covered with paper from the Crowded Attic stack and then I went to town playing with those wonderful new Fresco Finish paints from PaperArtsy. I can't crow loud enough about how chuffing gorrrrrgeous these paints are... basically, they are really creamy acrylic paints that once applied and dry, they turn chalky, so the finish you have is set and won't budge but it actually feels chalky and they have a lovely matt finish to them too.



I used the new Sewing Room Alterations (which is so going to be my new favourite) cutting some mountboard that was covered with Crowded Attic paper and then using Cut & Dry to add some colours to it. The paints used were London Night and Vintage Lace with a spot of Snowflake thrown in for distressing. The "wings" on my entry are from the very first stamp that I ever bought. It's a PSX butterfly - probably the one stamp that I would have to save from a fire... tis special and still stamps so well about 983 years later lol



The little frame in the shadow box is actually hanging from the top by some Jump Rings and little hooky screwy thingy's... can't remember what they are called! The surfaces of both the box and the frame were painted with Fresco's... applied with either Cut & Dry or a babywipe, depending on the depth of colour I wanted... the script stamping is done using Dusty Concord Distress Stains... which just goes so well with the Fresco's... I also swiped a light application of this Stain onto the surface of the box and used a babywipe to just dull it down a bit. The little bottle have ribbons around them and in them which were coloured with the Stain, as was the little cummerbund on the dressform. The finishing touches were added, using Idea-ology to fancy up the butterfly and making a little dangling lacey trim across the top {I got this idea from Lin & Leandra's project on the Artsy Crafts event :O))}



Anyways... sorry I am a bit late posting this challenge... next week Lord knows what time the new challenge will be posted... am going to schedule a post on here for 00.01 next Sunday morning... but... Lionel Laptop will be in America with me so will he be posting on EST or GMT? Who knows!!! Actually, if you do know, could you let me know please? Otherwise... the new theme will post at 7pm on Saturday night instead... you see... I knew I would have...erm... issues with the time difference rofl. I might have mentioned once or twice (ok, ok, several times lol) that I will be in America at the end of the week. Today it is THIS WEEK that I am going to America and now 4 days til I fly, 5 days til Ranger U and 7 days til I see Ellen!!! I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am... so... erm... I won't!! Right... there is an Easter Egg somewhere with my name on it... chocolate for breakfast is ok isn't it?? Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous work Hels.

Joanne said...

I didn't get on too well with those paints at the workshop, probably the lack of time and not having to hand a colour I liked, but I agree about the texture and finish - it's fantastic, so I want some! I have the important dates re. your trip on my year planner so I can think about what you are doing and where you will be and be so happy for you. Glad you are taking Lionel 'cos we all need photos and feedback on a daily basis.
Hugs Joanne xx

Gillian .... said...

This is just stunning Hel's, love the Fresco Paint effect and all the added little details are sooooo gorgeous. xx

Here is my wings entry:

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/2011/04/papillon-fly-free-canvas.html

craftimamma said...

Wonderful shadow box Hels. Really love this one. I got some of those fab Fresco paints at AP but haven't had chance to play with them yet.

Love the song title too. It always makes me cry when I hear it, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Firstly, congrats to Dallying Deb :-)
Your shadow box is fabulous hun, absolutely fabulous in fact ;-) Gorgeous colour, and those paints sound delish; love the butterfly body.
Anne xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Hels. I'm loving the look of those paints, but then I love just about everything Paper Artsy. My effort is here x
http://suetheiron.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-easter.html

Unknown said...

Yippy, dippy day - I'm a lucky gal! Thanks Hels. I saw my name and jumped up and down. Then I had to be a good girl and read your post before making a comment - it was tough, but I managed!

Absolutely love this and I'm getting more and more drawn to sewing type stuff - eek! Also think I might become Leandra's second best stalker - have met the first and don't stand a chance!

Thanks so much once again. Off to cartwheel (and then to hospital!)

scrappin-scrappin said...

Absolutely Beautiful Hels!! Those paints sound delish and so does the choc egg!! lol Have a great time at RU!!

Shazza said...

this is so stunning Hels, love the colours and all the embellies. I want it!!!!!!!!
4 more sleeps, how will you cope???????
Happy Easter hunny x

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous piece, Hels!

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunday-stamper-wings.html

Helen said...

I need more of these paints, NOW, lol! You can see my wings canvas here
Happy Easter - still penty of time to eat chocolate, lol. Oh, and your art is gorgeous!

Lynlee said...

LOVE your work, just beautiful!!

Here's my entry:
http://mypaperchaseadventures.blogspot.com/2011/04/quick-and-easy.html

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great piece and challenge.. even found time to do one that fitted perfectly! here it is
http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/2011/04/wind-beneath-my-wings.html

Lynn Stevens said...

Its gorgeous Hels

Daniele said...

gorgeous framed piece Hels so pretty heres my card for this weeks challenge
happy easter
hugs

Marjie Kemper said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Love how you hung that frame/suspended in the box. Not to mention all the other beautiful details.

Hazel said...

Gorgeous as ever, Hels. I've made a card that I think fits this challenge - it's here x

1CardCreator said...

Just beautiful, I adore the pen nib in the butterfly, the whole project is gorgeous!

Carrie said...

Another yummy and inspiring creation....love it.
Love
Carrie

shirley said...

Love your shadow box Hels!
Those paints look great and just love the dress form.
Here is my first time entry
http://inkyshirl.blogspot.com/2011/04/wings.html

Love your blog!

Val said...

Hels - this is just gorgeous. Just lovely jubbly! I really must get some of those paints and the stains. I think I cannot wait any longer!

Love
Valxx

Lori said...

Love this Hels, I really like the chain across the top, and the pen nib for the butterfly body, really cool!

Lin said...

Hels this is absolutely beautiful, I am going to have to get that die..have a few of the paints and they are great..
have a great time at ranger u and make sure you blog all the details..(will we have to make an appointment to see you at stevenage now lol)x

My name is Cindy said...

Love the shadow box and those paints look yummy. I think I would have to save that butterfly stamp as well it is gorgeous. Have a great time at RU, I know you'll come back with even more great things to share.

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh Hels... this is beautiful, love the pale colours and the dress form and the flutterby wings... yep, I love it all!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Hi, Hels. Love it! Here's my winged piece...

http://marjiekemper.typepad.com/my-blog/2011/04/sunday-stampers-week-151-wings.html

Dawn said...

I am nervous entering my creation here, you are so talented. I love the butterfly , heres my link

http://dawn-timetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-time.html

Sue West said...

Ooh, this is so lovely Hels. Beautiful colours, so soft and subtle. Here is my entry
http://susiepinkink.blogspot.com/2011/04/time-is-flying.html
I just know you are going to have the most fabulous time at Ranger U. Not long to go now.
Sue xx

Carla said...

love your work, here is my card
http://weicar.blogspot.com/2011/04/wings.html

Gerda Weiland said...

Love this theme, SO many different ideas come to mind. Here is what I made:
http://freubelgerda.blogspot.com/2011/04/wings.html

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely piece Hels, I like the look of those paints and I agree this is becoming one of my favourite dies too. Love the chain effect at the top. Have a fabulous time at Ranger. My Sunday Stamper piece is HERE. Take care. Tracy Evans x x

Kaz Hall said...

GORGEOUS as always Hels good luck for ranger u sooooooo Rock!! Heres my entryhttp://thelittleshabbyshed.blogspot.com/2011/04/altered-canvas.html
hugs

kazxx

Stampersue said...

Hi Hels I have never used the Fresco Paints but you sure make them look good - your work stunning as always.

Please find my Wings entry on my blog here http://stampersue.blogspot.com/2011/04/wings-things-atc.html.

Have a great time at RU in the USA

Stampersue
X

Hazel said...

3 CAS cards here x

Hazel said...

another card here - an inkier one this time x

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Hels, love what you made! I have made a mini book this week! Valerie

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I've blogged my entry now Hels, you can see it here
I know you'll have an absolutley fantastic time at RU ;-)
Anne xx

margaret said...

Lovely theme this week heres my little contribution. http://marglovecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunday-stamper-wings.html

Brenda Brown said...

Love your make Hels - here is mine.
http://bumblebeesandbutterflieswithbrenda.blogspot.com/2011/04/liiu-embellish-it.html
Hope you are having a fantastic time at Ranger.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Hettie said...

Hia Hels - as usual mine is in late but I have made a promise on my blog just for you!! Here is my piece... Hope you are having a FAB time over the other side of the pond!!

MWAH!!

http://hettiecraftcz.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-wings-of-butterfly-sunday-stampers.html

Debbie said...

Hi Hels! I can't get the link to work. I've never linked this way before. Here's where my entry is:

http://scrapsfromabroad.blogspot.com/2011/04/come-fly-with-me.html

You are fabulous at what you do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails