Saturday 23 April 2011

SIX....

...It's the final countdown... oh dear, now I am going to be singing that ALL day long... anyways... tis now six days til Ranger U... on the excitement scale of 1 to 10 I am now heading for in excess of one million... so, to calm myself down I have been totally inspired by a fab project in the latest book by the Wonderful Wendy Vecchi... which is book IV.




All of the deets on how I made the box etc are HERE on The Stamp Attic blog... I had greeeeat fun using all my favourite products... which leads me nicely on to reminding you that there is still a teensy bit of time left to enter the Sunday Stamper challenge this week... closing at 21:00 today... and yummy candy is up for grabs... CLICK HERE to see all the deets about how to enter :O))


So... I am ready! All I need to do is pack... which I absolutely hate doing and always leave it to the last minute... like the time that me and some of my girlfriends decided that we deserved a really special holiday in St Lucia. I had got all my stuff together the day before we were due to fly, all I needed to do was A) iron it and B) pack it. But... we decided that seeing as we had to be at Gatwick for 7am, we would only go out the night before until 10pm and go straight to bed... and not... erm... imbibe much of the strong stuff. Aha, best laid plans and all that. I got home at about 3am and decided that I would have a little 40winks before I got myself ready. Next thing I knew it was 5am and my doorbell was ringing...




You know "that" feeling you get when you realise that you have overslept? Well, it was that feeling times by about a hundred... and yes, my case was still sitting empty on the bedroom floor. It is fair to say that I recreated that famous scene at the start of Four Weddings & A Funeral... running around the flat hurling things into my case... and then dashing off to Gatwick pronto. Trouble was, I had not removed my make up from the night before (dirty moo) and actually was a lookie-likey for Alice Cooper. Oh and... when I finally got to St Lucia and unpacked I realised very quickly that the woolly poncho and thick black tights would so not be suitable!! Anyways... I am NOT going to let that happen again so I shall start packing... now! Yes, right now... well, after I have just gone and done the dishes and cleaned the lavvy... Have a lovely weekend... new Sunday Stamper theme tomorrow and the winner of the candy will be announced too!! TTFN!!

Hels x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are so funny (and talented)! How did I miss that you were off to Ranger U? Well deserved, in fact about time!

Minxy said...

Totally adorable

Gillian .... said...

An inspirational project indeed ... thanks to you HRH of R.U I cannot get that song out of my head lol ... love how you have used so many elements to pull this together. Rofl @ the St.Lucia story ... go pack NOW lol. x

Helen said...

Love this box.
You are so good at displacement tactics... hope you've got the packing done by now.

Fliss said...

Hoping you have the time of your life as I'm sure you will. Gorgeous artwork here too.
Unfortunately haven't had time to do Sunday Stamper yet again - where does time go at the moment!!!
Off to Jersey for a short break tomorrow too so I now have to do my packing.
Fliss xx

Sue said...

Too Cool this box, I want to make one too! Where does one find these Wendy Vechhi books?

Marjie Kemper said...

Happy Packing! Love the project. I actually thought you stamped "PACK" at first... lol~

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great piece GF! Just want to say have a fun, wonderful exciting time at Ranger U, can't wait to hear all aobut it!

Shazza said...

gorgeous box x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails