And here is my final tag for the swap :O))
Same technique as before but for this one, I stamped the flower (by Stamp Connection/Artistic Stamper) straight onto white card using clear embossing ink and powder. Once the images had cooled, I used Weathered Wood, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress inks, smudging the colours together using Cut & Dry foam.
I used a water spritzer to get the splotchy effect and then out came the iron again! Using paper towels as before, I ironed over the images and the embossing powder re-melted and soaked into the paper. All that was left for me to do was add a little birdie stamp, a message (both Tim Holtz Collection) and a couple of dragonfly brads. I distressed the edges with a paper distresser and then touched up with gold Krylon (there's a surprise I hear you all cry!!!)
I have really enjoyed using this technique...I have made a more indepth post on my other Blog if anyone hasn't used this before and would like to have a look. You will find it here
Thanks for looking :O))
Thursday, 6 March 2008