I have entered into a Tag Swap on CraftSwap Forum this month. I made up the three tags today. Each one has been done using a different medium.
The first has been made using buff cardstock and Distress Inks which I have spritzed with water. The colours I used are Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo. For the main image I used a PaperArtsy stamp and then added the Tim Holtz "Staples" so the image didn't stand out too much. I used a phrase stamp, not sure who this one is by as it is ancient and has come adrift from its wooden mount! The little word is a "Doo-Dad" and I made the little bottle top, using a bottle top (by Carling!!) and a DooDad and then filled it half way with Glossy Accents. I like the final look of the tag but my OH said that the bottle tops remind him of those plastic collars that dogs have to wear to stop them biting themselves after visiting a vet!! LOL
The second tag was made using a piece of buff card and then I painted it with Adirondack Dabbers in Juniper. I did two coats of paint and then to add a bit of colour, I used a piece of Cut and Dry foam and smudged Aged Mahogany Distress ink around the edges. I then used a Crafty Individuals image stamp of the little girl in Paris. As I had used an archival oil based inkpad for the image, I added clear embossing powder as this ink takes forever to set on painted surfaces! Again, I used a bottle top using the same method as above. I then used my 7Gypsies wax seal of the Eiffel Tower and added this as a final embellishment to the side of the main image. I used red wax as I thought this blended in well with the Aged Mahogany. A DooDad word provides the final flourish.
The third tag was made using Basic Grey "Scarlet's Letter" papers. I have the 6" x 6" paper pad, which is great as the images on the papers are shrunk to fit the pad size, so there is as much detail on a little piece of work. I used Aged Mahogany Distress ink to add a definition to the edges of the papers. Using a BoBunny Press word for a centre piece, I then used a couple of flower punches to make my own embellishments. I glued the petals together and then added 3D foam to the back of them before placing them on the tag. Finally, I added three golden self adhesive gems (by PaperMania).
The tags were all finished off by adding gold, silver and gingham ribbons to the tops....I picked up the ribbons in the local haberdashery store.
Hope you like these little creations and thank you for looking
Thursday, 20 September 2007