Wednesday 19 September 2007

Cards for the "Ladies"

On the forum that I am a member of (Craftswap Forum), they run a monthly Cardmaking Challenge. The title of September's challenge is "Ladies". Basically, the cards should all be for "ladies".

I made two cards, one on A5 size card and the other is A6 sized.

Card 1




For this card, I used some Penny Black "Stickeroos". Matting the image onto co-ordinating cardstock and then onto silver mirri card, I made a message mat using a Penny Black "Happy Birthday" stamp, again matted onto co-ordinating cardstock. I then popped this onto 3d foam to give the card some dimension. As a finishing touch, I inked up the "Brush Butterfly" stamp by Penny Black using Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick Distress Pads. Once I had cut the image out, I finished the butterfly off with a Bindi for its body and then stuck this to the card with silicone glue. To finish the card off completely, I drew around the main image mat with "Frosted Lace" Stickles, to add a bit of sparkle to the whole card.



Card 2






For this card, I again used Penny Black "Stickeroo's". After creating a collage effect with the stickers, I stuck the message sticker onto cardstock and then popped it on some 3D foam for a bit more definition. I also popped the Butterfly sticker onto some card and cut the image out. I added a few adhesive gems for the butterfly body and then stuck it to the card using silicone glue.

I like both of these cards as they are quite girly and I do like the Penny Black images, they make crafting so much easier!

Thanks for looking

Hels x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails