Sunday, 30 September 2007

An Altered Bind It All Book


Hello again!

I decided to make an altered style book today...thinking it was going to be a little project as I have some teensy wires and wanted to have a go with them. As with all things, this project just kept on going and I ended up with another big one!!







For the first page, I used Antique Linen distress pad, then added a bit of Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans to the edges. I used a water mister and spritzed with water to get the dappled effect. I then took a mini card and envelope and used the same inking technique and then stamped on the card and the envelope. I stuck the flap of the envelope down with sticky velcro, so it can be opened at any time. I used the same colour scheme for page two, and then added a piece of mountboard which I had coloured and stamped, just to add a bit of definition. The stamps I used for these pages are by Catslife Press and Tim Holtz collection.





The next entry in the book is actually a Glassine bag. I used archival ink and stamped the flying cat and then the little Catslife Stamps on to it. I used clear embossing powder just to set the stamped images and then used a little cut out of mountboard and stamped the cat image. This little extra was then popped into the bag, as a little token. The back of the bag was then stamped using a Catslife stamp and a Penny Black seedhead stamp.




Page three was made using plain white card and then colouring with Antique Linen, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint distress pads. I also used a Lettuce Dabber to drag the colour across the pages. I used a Tim Holtz stamp for the main word and then added an extra piece of card with the definition which is by Catslife Press. The little crown was stamped with the Lettuce dabber and set with clear embossing powder and then mounted on 3D to give a definition. A giant gold brad is the finishing touch on this page. For page four, I repeated the process with the same colours and then used a piece of mountboard to stamp the main phrase. This is another Tim Holtz collection stamp. For the background, I used a harlequin stamp by Catslife Press.






The next entry is a little envelope...I got a pack of them from WHSmith....they are little money envelopes I think! Using Fired Brick distress ink, I covered both sides of the envelope and then spritzed with water to get a distressed look. I also used a Gold dabber to smudge a bit of contrasting colour over the envelope. I used Tim Holtz collection stamps for the front of the envelope. For the back, I repeated the colouring stage and then used Tim Holtz stamps and added a small photo turn and a brad to make a clasp for the envelope. I added a little piece of card with a phrase on both sides as a little secret thing inside the envelope.



For pages five and six, I used Tea Dye and Walnut Stain inks and smudged them over the pages. I then stamped a Crafty Individuals thistle stamp and added a little piece of mountboard on top of the seedhead to give it a bit of definition. I stamped a PaperArtsy definition stamp and then added four little flowers by German Scrap to the corners of the definition. Going round the outside of the page with a zig-zag stitch stamp just finished the page off. For the next page, I used a Tim Holtz stamp of the little girl and then made a little ruler embellishment to attach to the image. I used Tim's Staples down the page and then added a Crafty Individuals "treasure" stamp. Again, I stamped the zig-zag around the edges of the page.














For pages seven and eight I used Milled Lavendar and Dusty Concord inks. I also used an Eggplant Dabber to streak a few extra lines across the pages. I left the top of the two pages unstuck so I could add a little taglet. I used Tim Holtz and Catslife Press stamps for both pages and for the taglet, I used Catslife Press and a little star peg stamp by RubberStamp Tapestry.









For the final two pages, I took a Juniper Dabber and painted it directly on to the card. I used a wet baby wipe and smudged the paint over so it left a smooth surface. I then used a black Dabber and streaked a few lines on the surface of the primed card. Then repeated the process with a Gold Dabber. I used a Catslife Harlequin stamp for the random images on page 9. Then stamped a Crafty Individuals thistle and a Penny Black butterfly stamp and then embossed with clear powder as the ink didn't want to dry on the painted surface! For the very last page, I used a Crafty Individual stamp and also used a Rick-Rack stamp to give the page a nice finish. For the final touch, I glued a bottle cap onto the little girl image. I had previously stamped the image, cut it out, placed into a bottle cap and filled with Glossy Accents to set it. I really love using bottle caps as it is something different to add to the page.




To add a final look to the book, I added a few ribbons and fibres to the pages and then tied a few to the binding wire too.

So, what started out as a tiny project, ended up as this!!

Thanks for looking

Hels x

4 comments:

EllePiggo said...

Oooh, hels this is just gorgeous.:)
Vanessa.

Hels said...

Thanks Vanessa....I didn't set off with this one for it to be like it is!! Just goes to show that I am a total addict LOL

Lesleygee said...

Another fabby book - I love all the different colours and stamps xxx

shazzapat said...

what can I say Hels, it is amazing. Love how detailed you are with your instructions.
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails