I have got all inky and messy today and altered a couple of dominos and added a concertina of card inbetween them so I could make a little book.
Firstly, I cut the card to fit the dominos and used Adirondack InkPads in Butterscotch, Stonewashed and Wild Plum. I dragged the pads roughly over both sides of the card and then wet them with a water spray. I dabbed the wet inks with tissue and then used my heatgun to dry the ink off. I then used various little stamps to add images to the inked card. I used a mixture of PaperArtsy and Catslife Press stamps as they are tiny enough to give a really good image on the project.
I then altered the dominos using Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks in Butterscotch, Stonewashed and Wild Plum, to co-ordinate with the card inside. I used Blending Solution so I could have a lighter colour and used a heatgun to dry the inks quickly so I got a more stippled effect.
I then stamped the dominos, using an Archival pad and stamps by Catslife Press. To set the stamped images, I then covered them with embossing powder and heated until it had melted.
Before I stuck the card to the dominos, I took a length of white ribbon and using the Adirondack inks, I coloured the ribbon to match and then wet with water to give softer look. Once I had dried the ribbon, I attached it to the card with doublesided tape and then stuck the card to the dominos.
The ribbon was then tied at the side of the closure in a bow.
Thanks for looking
Sunday, 30 September 2007