Sunday 19 July 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 360 - You Are So Beautiful

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Apologies for the lack of Sunday Stamper challenge for the past few weeks.  However, it is back and this week is a rather poignant theme.  I am sure that most of us crafters have heard the incredibly sad news of the untimely passing of Lily Chilvers after a short battle with cancer.  Lily was a very talented artist bringing to life her little Octopode Monsters, not only was she talented she was also very beautiful... but that beauty wasn't just skin deep.  I had the pleasure of meeting her a few times and was struck by her radiant personality, she exuded sunshine.  My heart aches for Lily's dear Mum Mandy and her sister Amber and her family and loved ones. My thoughts, as I am sure yours will be too, are with them all.  In Lily's memory, I wanted to dedicate this weeks theme to her with her Mum's permisson.  But what theme could I possibly chose? A lily is a flower, could we have flowers?  There is a song called Pictures of Lily but that just didn't seem right. We could have had a memories theme, still, that just didn't sit right either.  So, after careful consideration, I have chosen the words BEAUTIFUL or BEAUTY because, as I said before, Lily was a rarity, beautiful inside and out. 



To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something,  it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping. Then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 25th July 2015.


My entry is a 12 x 12 mountboard base with two large chipboard tags, altered with Paper Artsy Fresco Paints and Distress Inks and a few Tim stamps, stencils, Grungepaste, embellies and diecuts.



I made this piece yesterday during my class at South Hykeham for AliCraft.  My class sample is pink... I could have used that for my entry this week but I actually wanted to make something with Lily in my mind... and of course, the words are very fitting I think.



I have lots of Lily's Octopode images and a few rubber stamps too...  If you have any Octopode monsters, it would be great to see your creations using them.  To visit the Octopode Factory, please click HERE.  The Octopode Factory will remain open in Lily's memory.

Thanks for looking... I hope you have a great day... TTFN

Hels x




26 comments:

Joanne said...

What an absolutely beautiful way to honour someone so special. x

Craftychris said...

What a wonderful way to remember such a beautiful lady! xxx

Kay Wallace said...

A fitting challenge and a beautiful work of art to honor Lily's memory!

Moira said...

Fabulous way to honour a truly beautiful person, she is sorely missed xxx

Lisapmac said...

A beautiful and fitting memorial x

Karen Petitt said...

I am sure Lily would have loved this Hels - who could not it's completely stunning and more Karen x

mark gould said...

Beautiful colours and tags Hels, and a lovely idea to remember lily this way x

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful artwork Hels ♥ What a beautiful tribute too xxx

Julie S said...

I've been a fan of Lily's work for a long time and was so sad to hear of her passing. How sweet of you to pay tribute to her this week.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Hels, many thanks for a great workshop yesterday and looking forward to the next.
It was a great shock to hear about Lily, I adore her stamps.
She will be greatly missed.
Take care, Angela xXx

Quirky Shepherd said...

A fabulous way to have a tribute to someone so talented with lots of artwork for inspiration and memories of xx

Shazza said...

what a lovely tribute Hels, your creation is as always fabulous. Lily was a very beautiful young woman x

Unknown said...

What sad news Hels but what a stunning canvas as a tribute to her.

Fliss said...

I too was terribly shocked to hear the awful news Hels and my heart went out to poor Mandy and Amber.
Such a beautiful tribute to Lily you've done too.
Fliss x
PS: Sorry for the long time in between visits which is because I have very little spare time for blogging at the moment.

Redanne said...

It was so dreadfully sad to hear the news the other day, Lily was such a stunningly beautiful and an incredible talent. This is such a wonderful tribute Hels. My thoughts are with her family... Hugs, Anne xxx

Unknown said...

Just a Beautiful thing to do Hels. XOXO-Shari

Jane said...

A very fitting tibute Hels...well done and your piece is a beautiful tribute to Lily x

carol edwards said...

Sad news to hear about Lily and my thoughts are with her family. A lovely way to remember her and her work. X

Sparrow said...

I had never heard of this young lady or her octopodes - I get the impression that I am the poorer for it. I will get the picture of my project from Saturday's class on my blog with a link here tonight.

Carole Z said...

What sad news, I always loved those Octopodes, this is a lovely way to remember such a beautiful lady, Carole Z X

Chaffinch said...

Mine is on my blog now as promised, here is the link. Thanks for a great day out, it was nice for me to get lost in the process, rather than try and keep an eye on every one.

Workshop Project

http://craftychaffinch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/crafting-with-hels-sheridan.html

Mrs Beez said...

What a lovely idea to have a post and challenge in the beautiful Lily's honour. Great piece by you, dreamy colours and butterfly. So happy to have you and Sunday Stampers back - missed you lots :) xx
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-3s9

Craftychris said...

I have entered this wonderful challenge for the beautiful lady - your artwork is truly beautiful! http://ramblingsandcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/beautiful-colours-of-brushos.html

Nananne said...

I hadn't heard of this young lady either but your tribute to her is truly beautiful , but I will go and look for her creations now.

Ruth said...

Very, very sad......and a lovely way to honour true beauty. x

Alison Horne said...

So sad, love her Octopodes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails