Gooooodly Morning to all you lovely Compendium-ers! Today sees the start of another
brand new Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge. To see all the details
on how to join in with the challenge, CLICK HERE. Also, if you pop across to Linda's blog, you will see all gorgeous creations that my talented teamies on the Curiosity Crew have made... they never cease to amaze me with their inspirational ideas and art! The challenge is sponsored by the Inspiration Emporium this time... so you will have a chance of winning a very generous Gift
Certificate to spend there. Tim & Mario have, as ever, very kindly
donated goodies for an extra prize... which will be awarded to the
"Curiosity Crew's Choice"... so you have two chances of winning fabby
prizes! If you haven't got your Compendium book just yet, you can order
a signed copy directly from the man himself... HERE. And... Linda has also done a FAQ page for you.. HERE it is... all the info you will need is listed there.
This week we are turning to Page 45 of the book and trying out the Altered Surfaces technique. As ever with the Compendium Challenge, neither I, nor the Curiosity Crew, will be posting the technique
instructions and participants must not do so either. We all want to
encourage people to buy Tim's awesome book; giving away the instructions
wouldn’t be fair to him. Linda will have no choice but to un-link any
entries that don’t follow this rule.
I had much fun playing with this technique. I made *another* tag for my collection. This one started off with a piece of Tim's Correspondance papers laid over the tag and stuck down with Glue & Seal. I wanted the paper to be more in the background so I knocked it back with a wash of Antique Linen Distress Paint, watered down and applied with Cut & Dry foam... this lets the pattern still show but not as brightly. I edged the tag with Walnut Stain DI just to age it up a bit. Of course, there has to be some stamping so I used my little harlequin stamp and Jet Black Archival ink.
I used Tim's Flourish Stencil and Wendy's Black Embossing Paste... then sprinkling Ranger's Queen's Gold embossing powder over the embossing paste. Once the paste had dried, I heated up the embossing powders so they melted onto the textured surface. I love this technique! The heart is sticky back canvas stuck to Grungeboard, die cut using a Movers & Shapers heart, sprayed with Fired Brick Distress Spray Stain and then wrapped with a bit of rusty wire. I added on my "altered surfaces" and a bit of flower trim and voila, finished!
Don't forget, you have two whole weeks to enter the challenge... and a bat at the chance of grabbing the Crew's Choice prize which is a mahooosive haul of stash donated personally by Tim & Mario... so if you are joining in, remember to comment on all the Crew's blogs and you will be in with a chance of winning that too *believe me, this is one gigantic pile of goodies*! Thanks for looking, have an inky and inspirational day! TTFN