Sunday 31 August 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 323 - Mr Brightside

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy *sunny* Sunday to you all!  Thank you all for your fabby entries to last weeks 3d challenge - I have still a few entries to visit and it was fab to see all the depthy projects you came up with.   The theme this week is all about getting colourful... and it is BRIGHT COLOURS. *pretty cool song too, LOVE The Killers!*  You can interpret the challenge how you like: add in a pop of bright colour, go for it and use shocking hot colours, the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 6th September 2014.



My entry this week is a card I made as a little commission for my BFF Andrea's daughter's friends Nan - a 60th birthday using bright colours and a sewing theme.  Naturally, anything with a sewing theme I make has to have Tim's dressform on it, so I covered some Grungeboard with Claudine's sticky back canvas, die cut the dressform and then coloured it with Barn Door, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo DI's and then frayed the edges to reveal a bit of shabbiness of the canvas.




The background of the card was created using a few different techniques with Distress Inks.  Starting off with the Wrinkle Free Distress and Barn Door, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade DI's, once I had the splashes and speckles of ink how I wanted them, I then inked over the top with the same inks and did a bit of Spritz & Flick to reveal more inky splats, this time bleached out ones.  I stamped the dress pattern in Watering Can Archival and used a waterbrush to add more colour to the outfit... and then used a waterbrush to remove colour from her face, painting water over the face, dabbing with a cloth and repeating until the DI had almost been removed.  I pricked holes around the edge of the card and used a fineliner to add stitches... I would have used a sewing machine but seeing as I am rubbish with a sewing machine, I can't sew straight to save me life, I decided to go for the faux look.  Embellies finished off the card and I used four of my little stash of Tim's Idea-ology Snaps - oh how I wish we could still get them!  I know you can buy them from haberdashers but the colours of his snaps are my fave!   




So!  What do you have planned for today?  I am still under the weather, whatever this gastric thingybug is has me a bit wishywashy so I have a lovely afternoon of Skype with Ellen planned... we haven't had an I Challenge Thee for literally several yonks so hopefully I will be covered in paint and ink come tea-time!   Thanks for looking, have a great day whatever you have planned.  TTFN!

Hels x

27 comments:

Anneke said...

This is absolutly gorgeous. What a wonderful color. Love your design and creation Anneke.

Helen said...

You are such clever cardmaker. This is fabulous!!!

Chris Kelly said...

I hope you soon feel better Hels. A chat with Ellen will perk you up no end. Love the colours you have used they are bright and cheerful.
Happy Crafting x from Chris

Unknown said...

This is super Hels, thank you so so much, I am sure the lady in question will love it, your a great friend and big hugs for you xx

Joan said...

Love this card, brilliant colours and it's one of all time fave stamps. Scuse my ignorance but are the snap fasteners not just press studs? Know that's what I use, got them in all sizes and colour them with alcohol inks if needed.

janna'scraftingattic said...

That's is lovely, very retro & yes those snaps look great.
Will hopefully add my bright something laters x

Redanne said...

Wowzers Hels, this is fabulous, I love the bright colours, the theme and the wonderful snaps! Hope you feel a lot better soon, I am sure a chat with Ellen will perk you up again! Hugs, Anne xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Great card, I love the dress form.
You can get Snaps (press studs) in the same colour from some haberdashers, and to be honest they are a lot cheaper(sorry Tim)
Have a good week. Take care.

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels love the vibrant colours and all the little bits and pieces on your card. Sure it will be well received. Sorry you are still not up to par but sure a long Skype session with Ellen will help to raise your spirits x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This card is gorgeous, and the recipient will be really happy to receive it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

FUN, HAPPY & BRIGHT! Some of my favorite things to put into making a card :) Love your sewing theme for this Fabulous birthday card, Hels! Thanks for the challenge theme :) XOXO-Shari T.

Fliss said...

This is absolutely beautiful Hels and love the sewing theme too.

I have a very eye poppingly bright card too which you can find at
http://stamperschef.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/indian-summer.html

Sorry to be awol for so long too as not enough time to join in due to my job.

Also hope you feel better soon,
Fliss xx

janna'scraftingattic said...

I hope you are feeling better now. & by the wat your faux stitching looks better than my sewing lol !
Here is my Mr Brightside

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/atcs-for-mr-brightside-vintage-journey.html

pearshapedcrafting said...

A perfect card for a 60th Birthday - those 50's pattern packets were my Mum's key to a new outfit!
Your lovely bright colours really got me going this week and I had such fun with my journal page!

http://www.pearshapedcrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/bold-and-bright.html

Have a great week, Chrisx

Unknown said...

Did you think I wasn't going to get here... phew... I finally did... I had to sort thru my mind and also my studio... huge task... but I made it... and I have a few things for this challenge...

Hope you enjoy them...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/09/bold-stamping-and-bright-colors-wow.html


Hels this piece you did... I have studied this piece for so very long... I LOVE it... the colors are really wonderful on it.... it is totally transformed into something so very outstandingly lovely... I love it all... great piece...

Hope you are feeling a little bit better my friend... not fun to be at sorts... I think of you often during the day and send healing thoughts across the big pond... hope they get to you... they are sealed with much healing LOVE...

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

BarbaraW said...

Love all the detail and beautiful color in your wonderful card.
Here's mine: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2014/09/autumn-bloom.html

crafty creations said...

Beautiful piece Hels

Mines on my blog HERE

Thanks for looking

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous design & colours Hels, X

Claire said...

Hi Hels, lovely card - so appropriate from the sounds of it too! I've joined you this week here: http://clairescraftymakes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/bright-and-beautiful.html

Furrbster said...

Here is my idea for this theme:
http://craftymanagerie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/floral-beauty-in-rye.html

Hugz Tinz

Joan said...

Back again with my bright colours
card

http://latenightstamping.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/bright-colours.html

Mrs Beez said...

Bet she loved this card. Love the colours and the background effects and all the sewing embellies are perfect. I do have Mr Brightside earworm but it has cross-pollinated with ELO's Mr Blue Skies - I think this has chart potential!
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2PS

Ruth said...

Gorgeousness, lush colours, it's a fabulous card....it's tempted me out of a vintage palette. Here's my entry Hel's. Ruth x

http://argeum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mr-brightside.html

Theresa said...

very juicy creation. love the brightness here. it works really well with the whole layout. here is my link:
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/sparkle.html
hugs xx

Mrs Beez said...

So I couldn't not come back with some houses now could I?!
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2Q1

jeanie g said...

Hi Hels I love the papers you used for this brill card. Hope you like mine. http://apaintaholicsprogress.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/look-on-brightside.html

jeanie g said...

And here's my second entry Hels. Mr Mojo has taken up residence with me this week. Lol
http://apaintaholicsprogress.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/butterfly-exploding-box-50th-wedding.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails