Sunday 24 August 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 322 - Deeply Dippy

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  As ever, thank you all for your fabby entries to last weeks backgrounds challenge - it was great to see some new peeps entering too!   The theme this week is all about getting some dimension into your art... and it is DEPTH & 3D. *I have an earworm already, Right Said Fred have a LOT to answer for*  You can interpret the challenge how you like: make a really dimensional creation, add in dimension and depth and all things 3dness to your art, build up your layers...  the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 30th August 2014.



So!   My entry this week is actually the sample I made in class yesterday at Daisy's Jewels & Crafts in Coventry.  We had a lovely day getting all painty and messy... and because this is a class sample, I won't go into to great a detail on how I made it.




I can tell you that I used Tim's Harlequin Border and some Martha Stewart punches to make some depth on my canvas... added in some 3d texture with a stencil and the paints I used were Adirondack Juniper (quite possibly my FAVE colour ever), Lake Mist and Espresso Dabbers.  I love Dabbers because of their chalky and creamy finish... very touchable.




The flowers are Ancient Copper and the embellies were treated to some Treasure Gold.  The stamping... the little diamonds are from Catslife Press (I love these stamps and have had them for about 217 years) and the sentiment is from The Artistic Stamper.






Today I am away back to Daisy's for an Exploding Box day... in complete contrast to yesterday, today will be clean (yeah, who am I kidding) and neat (like I said... kidding?)  Oh and a heads up... I will be popping a new date for visiting Daisy's onto Facebook and on here later on... more than likely be a weekend in October ... and... it will be... Melt Pot!  Hurrah!   I shall away now, sleeps to be had and all that.... Thanks for looking, have a great Sunday! TTFN


Hels x

21 comments:

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Great sample, gorgeous Ancient Coppered (you know what I mean) flowers : )
Have fun again today. Take care.

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels love this, loads of little things going on. The colours are beautiful and I just love the effects on the flowers x

Redanne said...

Who would have thought ancient copper would look so fabulous on flowers - this is just gorgeous Hels! Anne xx

Lisapmac said...

Gorgeous xx

Joanne said...

I have a strange affinity with this masterpiece and can't stop drooling over it. Tis gorgeous
X

Anneke said...

Brilliant work. Love the whole design. The effect is amazing. Everything fits perfectly. Thanks for inspiring me. Anneke.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This canvas is gorgeous !! the colours are 'sumptuous' and the embellies 'delicious'.
Enjoy your day today.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

WOW... love the flowers dripping down the side of this WONDERFULLY textured canvas... LOVELY Hels...

I too had a lot of fun with this...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/08/deeply-involved.html

I hope you are feeling better... and back to normal... Love, light and Peace...Bonnie

Sarah said...

This is amazing as always Hels!

Sarah x

Carole Z said...

HI Hels, a stunning piece...love it...well I didn't make it again last week with SS, sorry, will try harder:) Hugs Carole Z X

Nikki Acton said...

Stunning layout - love all the elements which just hang so well together. Nikki xx

crafty creations said...

Great piece again Hels - love that colour on the back ground and the flowers are beautiful done in copper

Mine is on my blog HERE

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your colours are so fresh...I'm loving copper right now too!
Here's where I had a play http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/mix-it-up.html

Theresa said...

Hi Hels. awesome project that i had the good fortune to see being made. i know i should have linked my own one to this challenge but i made this card and i thought it had texture, depth and dimension despite being quite simple. hope that's ok xx
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/stampendous-poinsettia-and-kraft-card.html

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

very nice details with manicured !!

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous - more lovely colours and always love seeing a little bird. Loving those little squares - thinking they would look fabby on a little house.

Speaking of which ....
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2OC

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Oooow those flowers are gorgeous and the copper is just lovely. Great theme, heres my offering for this week. X
http://castlekellycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/layers-and-dimension.html

janna'scraftingattic said...

I love this , very gorgeous , clever idea to use the punches for depth (stored in memory !) like the cute little birdy & was about to say 'where is the butterfly?' Then I saw it - lol
Also must say you are looking good for someone who has had a stamp for 217 years !
I have been a bit poorly coughing and stuff so have
Cheated and am entering a tag I made for Tim's tags
To you too. I hope you like it x

janna'scraftingattic said...

Pops forgot my link - tee hee

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/tim-holtz-tags-of-2014-challenge-august.html

Unknown said...

WOW! Love those copper blooms and that cute little golden birdie :) They're fabulous on your bluey-green background--it's all fabulous!! I want to touch those lovely little baubles, too :) Oh, is that something Freud would want to talk to me about? :) XOXO-Shari
(I didn't realize this was your challenge, Hels! I'm going to be paying closer attention and get into creating for the Sunday Stampers!) XO-S

BarbaraW said...

So very gorgeous! I love your piece. Mine is here: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2014/08/cold-days-and-warm-memories.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails