Friday 1 August 2014

Bang Bang BeYOUtiful!

...blimey, two posts in two days!  I am on a roll!  My DT pack for Jones of Nottingham arrived whilst I was on holibobs and I have been half way through making this for the past 5 weeks... thankfully, now Mr Mojo has returned, I have been able to finish it off properly.   My DT pack was the gorgeous BeYOUtiful collection from Kaisercraft along with a packet of the Collectable in the same collection.



I made an exploding box - I sneaked a little bit of Storyteller collection in too as these papers go together so perfectly and I loves them both - wouldn't do to have favourites right?



There are three layers and a lid to the construction of the box and lots of panels of more papers which have been inked with Gathered Twigs (I love adding smidges of brown around the edges of stuff... especially as this colours up any cut edges of the papers)



The Collectables are fabulous you know.  Chock full of diecut printed shapes and sentiments and perfect to be chopped about and added onto projects.  On the side of the box I used two diecut printed flowery shapes and cut them up the middle and stuck them to the panels next to each other so when the box is closed, they kind of line up together.


Aren't the ickle birdies just toooo cute!!!  These have been cut a little closer and edged with Gathered Twigs and popped onto the box and lid with 3d foam.


The flowery top was made using Tim's Floral Garland die, layered up flowers and jazzed up with a flat back pearl.  The centre has three mini roses and a few bits of ivy (I sneaked a smidge of Heirloom collection in here too...teeheee)



I am making this a short n sweet post today as I have a date with Mr Mojo again!  Oh yesh, he is currently doing a fandango in the Room of Stash and is brandishing an inkpad so I am thinking he wants to get creative again!  Yeeehaw!!  Thanks for looking... have a great day!

TTFN

Hels x

16 comments:

Joy said...

Has to be my fave exploding box - ever! Xx

Joy said...

Has to be my fave exploding box - ever! Xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Seriously the best exploding box I have ever seen Hels,so much detail. I love these but they look so complicated to make but how wonderful to receive one as a gift

Hugs
Donna xx

Joanne said...

Oh look at that ickle birdie I love the whole box
X

rachel said...

this whole box is awesome Hels - fabulous xx

Redanne said...

Wow Hels, the outside of the box is stunning and the inside is amazing, so much work but so many lovely things to look at! Hugs, Anne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Hels! Love all the fabulous details! Thanks for the inspiration!

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels this box is gorgeous. So much to see, each time you look you see something else.Enjoy your weekend x

Karin said...

Stunning exploding box Hels, missing you on CC7 this time.

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful box. Soon agree about the collect ambles, so useful x

janna'scraftingattic said...

This is stunning - I love exploding boxes , but this is delish .
I am glad mr mojo is back , we missed you on C7 as Karin
Said above.
I have had mr mojo's twin brother with me in my craft attic.
But he said it was too hot for him today ! So I went strawberry picking with grand kids instead x

Jackie T said...

This is a gorgeous exploding box. You are very talented. Hugs Jackie

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Great box, I love the papers, they are gorgeous. Take care.

Ruth said...

How beautiful Hels, adore the colours, so vintage and glad your mojo has returned x

Mrs Beez said...

This is divinely lush or lushly divine - you choose! Need to do this class :)

Unknown said...

Hels, I haven't seen this prior and I LOVE it... love the birds added to this... so very elegant... love it all... glad I was scrolling... see you on your sunday stamper soon... Love, Light and Peace...bonnie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails