Thursday 31 July 2014

Wish Pods!

...cor blimey! It has been a barren old month indeedily!   Mr Mojo decided he too wanted to go off on his holibobs and instead of just being normal and taking a week, oh no, he has to go and take nearly FIVE weeks!  I have been scratching around in the Room of Stash, looking to see if I can work without him but no, alas, I can't.  Imagine my enthusiam last night, well, actually, this morning at 1am, when I heard a great hammering and clattering in the Room of Stash... oh yesh, the old rapscallion decided to show his face.  So I have been up all night making sure that he is securely fastened to the floor in the Room of Stash, I used brads, screw eyes and jute to tie him down... hopefully it will keep him here a while! 



A few weeks ago I taught a class at Birds in the Barn in Essex and we were doing all things Fresco Painty and I needed to do a demo.. so I did a basic "painty ombre" background and then used a stencil with some Grungepaste, once dried, I used Cut & Dry foam to apply two colours of browny Fresco to ombre the seed pods too.  And that was about it... a bit of stamping in paint using Ellen's stamps and a bit of stamping with Archival using a script stamp and this demo piece went into my box of "stuff to finish sometime in the next 371 years!"   Well, after all the commotion of Mojo turning up last night, I hastened to the Room of Stash and grabbed the first thing I could see that needed finishing... and it was this.



I added some torn bits of Tissue Tape and then set about the embellishingments... starting with some Kaisercraft paper blooms which were very pretty but ever so slightly dull for what I wanted... I used Black Dylusions and a blue Cosmic Shimmer mist to bling them up... had another rummage and found some little card blossoms I made yonks ago and zapped those with the Cosmic Shimmer too.  Now the flowers were pretty but still not "big enough" so I added some flat Prima flowers behind them and blinged those up too.  OF course, I needed leaves so I nabbed some Artemio wooden leaves and coloured them with Peeled Paint Distress Paint, dried them and then added Forest Moss DI to two tone them.  I then popped some other embellibits on and slapped some Treasure Gold onto the pods and the card I had popped behind.  The word is made from Alphaparts which are stuck onto a little diddy bookplate.  I could've done a little panel of card to fit inside the bookplate but I wanted the stalks to show thru a bit so I just popped the letters onto the metal.



I shall away... I am on a roll at the mo and I don't want to turn me back on that old cad Mojo for too long in case he gets ideas and sneaks off again.  Oh I am happy to be finally back behind me desk and playing!  I HATE getting a crafters block!  Hope you all having a great week... Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

13 comments:

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Lol you're hilarious xxx fab piece as ever, Px

Joanne said...

Glad that chap has come back and you can thrill us with more crafty pieces like this beauty
Xx

Daniele said...

glad Mr Mojo has returned even if it was at an ungodly hour, I can't believe that you run out of ideas.....have a great week playing
hugs

Unknown said...

Yee hah!! Tie him down well Hels, love the colours you have used here...it is a beautiful piece. Maybe Alfie should patrol Ye Olde Room of Stash..hehehe ;-) xxx

Krisha said...

There must have been a Mojo convention somewhere, 'cause mine was gone for about the same amount of time, only to return this week too!

Wonderful piece of art, as always.

Helen said...

I blame the heat! love this,though, it's you back with a bang!

Redanne said...

Loving the gorgeous poppy heads and the embellishments are fabby. Glad to hear Mr M has returned too! Hugs, Anne xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

How weird this mojo thing is Hels,it's so true! Some days you can just sit there staring at a tag and other days you create in a frenzy!

Beautiful creation,looks like Mr Mojo is back in da house :)

Hugs
Donna xx

rachel said...

this is wonderful - love all the details and the colours - wow - mr mojo really is back! Big hugs rachel x

TangledBlueRose said...

OOo glad to see you back to play! Miss seeing your CC3 Challenge piece, be well!~kim

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels love your tag and the colours aare just gorgeous x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, So glad you have your 'mojo' back, albeit at that ungodly hour haha.
Your hanging is fabulous, lovely colours and gorgeous embellies, love it !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Glad Mr Mojo is back : ) Take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails