Sunday 25 August 2013

Sunday Stamper - Week 272 - Titanium

Gooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Another week has whizzed past and I am a little behind on catching all your entries from last weeks' challenge... apologies for my lateness, I shall be around to visit you as soon as poss!  I do appreciate all your efforts and gorgeous entries!  This weeks challenge is a nice easy one... and it is... USE METAL.   To join in with the challenge is simples:  make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping and then pop back here to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing  your entry.  If you haven't got a blog/photo-hosty-thingy, worry not, you can also join in via Facebook (just tag my name on your photo upload) or via email by attaching a small size pic (my email addy is found by clicking the pic of me over in the top left hand side bar)  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 31st August 2013.


On with my entry for this week:  As you know, last weekend was a crafty friends weekend away and I did the sum total of.... half a tag!  I know!  For some reason my Mojo has upped and naffed orf again .... probs sunning himself on some sunkissed sand dune whilst sipping Mojito's!  Anyways... this tag took hours to make.  I know, it looks like it took about 5 mins and it isn't my most favourite thing but as I have nowt else to offer... this is it!  Yikes!  Come home Mojo, I NEEEEEED you!



The base of the tag has the Drippy Distress Paints technique (as shown in my Master Class in Sept 13 Craft Stamper)  Once this was dried, I stamped onto cosmetic tissue with my fave Studio 490 background from Heirloom Art using Jet Black Archival.  This was then applied to the tag using Glue & Seal.  I could have stamped directly onto the tag but... I wanted to achieve a more muted look... and I love the way the tissue adds the extra bit of texture.  Once this was dry, I popped some Black Studio 490 Embossing Paste onto it through an Imagination Crafts stencil... I bought that last weekend at the Ross Papercraft show ... (well, I neeeeeeded a new stencil... ahem.... )  Once that had dried, I popped some Treasure Gold onto the paste to emphasize the texture.  And that is as far as I got!   Oh yes, two hours of work to get that... mmmmmmm... 



Next I decided that flowers would be the best way forward, when Mojo naffs orf, I tend to revert to my comfort zone and flowers is tops!  They are pale blue, cream and black and I spritzed with Black Marble Dylusions and Ancient Copper Cosmic Shimmer sprays to add  some sparkle to them.   I also gave the tag a very light mist with the Black Marble so that tied in with the design.  A metal bookplate (maker unknown, it lived in the Bag of Embellishingly Gorgeous Goodies for yonks until I freed it) and an Adage Ticket for the word and voila, one very long and painstakingly made tag... which could have been done in half the time had Mojo been here.... the old cad and bounder!




Right, I shall away.  I am scheduling this post as I will *hopefully* be in the Land of Nod come midnight as I am up early again today.  I was up early today for my teaching at the Busy Bee's Dabble Day in Sheffield (when I say today, I actually mean yesterday as you are reading this today... but I am typing it today so I mean... erm... today?  Confoooosed??? Me too! ROFL)  And today (yes, Sunday lol) I am heading off to Mansfield for the first day of a two day set of classes at the MDF Man's gaff.... so it will be a bright and early start!   So, after all that waffling and confoooosingness... I shall say... Thanks for looking, have a fabby day... I promise I will be catching up with you all soon!  TTFN

Hels x

PS... although I will miss the BTCC races today, Grim will be texting me results... so... GO PLATO!!!!

35 comments:

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous tag. Have a great time at the MDF Man.

Joanne said...

Don't know about 5mins to make your tag it would have taken me 5 days - it's gorgeous love the colours
Have a fab time with your classes
Xx

nancyd said...

Morning Hels, a fab tag love all the texture
with the flowers and twiggy thing
I'm trying to do a cuckoo clock for
my niece I have it all cut out and some
painting done but just can't get going
on it at all wish I had some of your
mojo at your worst as it is better
than mine on a good day.
Nancyd xx

Helen said...

This looks fab, I love those flowers.. hope your classes go well, don't buy all the MDF I want some left for Ally Pally.... tell him to get cutting!

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,
Love this tag, scrummy colours. Mojo's left ?? Oh, yeh!!

Look forward to craft stamper you're teasing us with, again.

When I am stuck . I think of materials and colours out of my comfort zone. Boy do I find that it's worked it's way back, into my comfort. ( everything turns out feminine even when I start out try to masculine projects). X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, You are a busy, busy, lady, but still manage to come up with a fabulous 'Work of Art', I love it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Aquarius said...

This is fabulous - love the metallic effects and of course more of your signature flowers. Not sure you really need Mr Mojo LOL!!

Redanne said...

Well I think your tag is fabulous! Love the little metal frame too. Really looking forward to a day with you at MDF man tommorrow!! So excited..... Hugs, Anne x

Evil Edna said...

wow that is so glam!EE

Joanne K said...

Hi Hels, considering you have no mojo your tag is really nice. hope it comes back soon. Maybe I could send you some of mine I have overload at the moment. Ha Ha. Enjoy the weekend. Kind regards Joanne K x

ElizabethR said...

Wowzer did you know what i was planning to post this morning and chose the theme for me!!!!!! Gorgeous make Hels here's mine http://elizabethr-thecraftyrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/sunday-stamper-272-titanium.html
Elizabeth xxx

nannapat said...

I think this is a gorgeous tag Hels. The colours and textures are fabby. Pat x

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, I hope you are feeling better and your mojo returns soon. Gorgeous tag and theme. Emma

Glenharon said...

Good morning Hels,
Well sorry flower, i love your tag. The flowers are gorgeous and the whole way you can do messy and it come out beautiful is something i have never been able to do. Messy stays messy and looks a mess with me, probably because my brain just doesn't compute messy in it, which is probably why it just doesn't work out for me, but i sincerely do look your tag.
have fun today and i hope you are having a lovely day down south.
Crafty hugs
Norah

Barb Cady said...

Hi Hels, hope your day has gone well and your back is coping? Got in this week thank goodness, love your textured flower tag. Here is my offering this week:

http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/sunday-stampers-titaniumplus-some-etcs.html

Hope your Bank Holiday continues well, Lotsa love, Barb x

Carole Z said...

ooh Love using metal! Love your tag too, hugs Carole Z XX

Little Messy Missy said...

Very beautiful!
xoxoxo

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous tag Hels!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

BEA-utiful!
I think I might join in with this week's challenge......

(I've been doing a masssssssive PaperArtsy project over the last month. (the #3Up) Due on the 26th which I've spent most of the day on the computer playing with photographs!

So now that's done, I might have a bit of extra time to play!
Mmmmmm where shall I start......

Ps loved this month's masterclass Hels.

Loads of luv
Lisa xxx

Jana said...

Hello!
Here is my Titanium inspired tag.
Take care!

http://bodiustvarjalen.blogspot.com/2013/08/first-time-in-schoolnew-start-new.html

Jana

Lisapmac said...

Ermmm hello it's a beautiful tag, love the textured look and especially the flowers ;-)

Aquarius said...

I hope a bit of faux metal effect will be OK for this challenge.  You can see it here

Becky said...

Great tag Hels looks as thoug it has taken you ages.Here is mine

http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/picture-frame.html

Caroline said...

Hey Hels
Gosh, I wish my makes looked this good without mojo. Mine has gone for good I think, emigrated & everything I try goes very wrong! This tag is great.
I have a few projects with metal but all at different stages, not complete. I never seem to get an entry in to you do I?
Fliplin' ek... Listen to me. Sorry Hels, wasn't going to come by in current mood but hoping some inspiration Will rub off...
Have a good week :))

BarbaraW said...

This was a fun challenge. Your tag is gorgeous. My project can be found here: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2013/08/notion-box-in-steampunk.html

Tracy Heaton said...

Love the muted colours against the black - looks fab.

http://ahintofmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/take-these-chains-from-my-heart.html

Jenny Marples said...

Hope you enjoyed your demo days in Sheffield and Mansfield Hels. Love the tag (even if you say Mr Mojo wasn't helping it doesn't show) as ever. Finally got a chance to join in again;
http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/my-steamer-trunk-frilly-and-funkie.html
Huge hugs, Jenny x

Mrs Beez said...

You are rocking some seriously good colour combos and I love that leafy stencil. Your mojo maybe sipping cocktails but still an inspirational piece.
Here's what I've been up to
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-1Dt

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, here's mine for this week! Carole Z X
http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/sunday-stampers-wk-272-titanium-29th.html

Crafty Humphreys said...

I'm hoping mine counts as I used metallic colouring pencils and treasure gold! Hel's I loved your article in the September Craft Stamper magazine - I had to hunt everywhere to find the mag and finally got it in Smiths! Here is my link:
http://craftyhumphreys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/twinchie-tiles-using-clarity-canal.html

Marita Soutar said...

Gorgeous tag as always Hels. Here is my link. http://aussiemarita.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/creating-with-melt-pot.html
Hope you like it.

Unknown said...

oh i wish i had such a talented as yours works look :) here is my link

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, I am back with a very late entry which you can find here:

http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/icad-swap-and-pocket-watch.html

Big hugs, Anne xx

Sue said...

Hi hun

Just made it...............
http://taitucker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/three-days-three-plays.html


xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hope I'm not too late. Here is mine...
http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2013/08/soar-make-art.html

Hope you are doing better! I love these flowers on your tag...gorgeous!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails