Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all... as ever, many thanks for the fabby entries for last weeks theme. This week is another colour theme and I would like to see some... SUNSET/SUNRISE colours. To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something - it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme and some stamping and then pop back to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry. If you haven't got a Blog/Photo-hosty-thingy, you can also join in via Facebook (simply tag my name on your upload) or via email, attaching a small size pic so I can see your creation. The theme will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 24th August 2013.
My entry this week and the goodies I used have totally inspired this weeks theme. I love those Sunrise/Sunset papers from Finnabair for Prima and it is a wee while since I played with them. The other night, after stuffing our chops full of BBQ deliciousness, me and Mary took a little trip into the Room of Stash for a spot of artyness. Starting with a 6" x 6" base piece of board, I used up some of the offcuts from the paper pad (never throw anything away!) and created a paper blocked background. After a very quick smudge of mushroom paint over the papers to blend all the designs together, I gave the whole base a good coat of Ranger's Matte Glue & Seal. This is my "safety net" for what else I do to the base. Because Glue & Seal is completely waterproof when dry, if I make a boo-boo with any of the next layers, I can wipe off what I have done and I haven't ruined the papers on the base.
I set about adding some texture with Ferro texture paste, using a Crafter's Workshop stencil... and once this had dried I used my Stabilo All Pencil and went around the edges of the paper blocks to give them definition. Next up came the stamping... my fave Magenta "stalks" stamp which comes in so handy for a little border or filler image. I use Jet Black Archival for the stamping - it needs to be a permanent ink because of the Glue & Seal and as ever, give the ink a zap with a heat tool to set it.
I made a big old flower bundle using white paper flowers that I coloured with Dylusions Sprays, Cosmic Shimmer Sprays and then a zap of Black Marble Dylusions to give them a nice metallic look. I also gave the base a light spritz with the Black Marble because I do love that inky splatty look. Assemblage was completed with the addition of some stalky bits I found in my stash and the ickle Prima birdy that I coloured with Treasure Gold. A finishing touch of some Alpha Parts to make the word and attaching the mini hanger finished my creation off.
I am having a lovely weekend... I am in Durham meeting up with friends and today we are off to a crafty show in Washington... mmm, maybe I might see a few things I *need!* Have a great day whatever you have planned and as always, thanks for looking! TTFN