Sunday 21 July 2013

Sunday Stamper - Week 267 - Material Girl

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy sunny Sunday to you all!  Thanks ever so muchly for your fabby entries to last weeks challenge.  This week I am mixing it up a bit and I have set a bit of a different theme... which is... USE MATERIAL. To join in with the Sunday Stamper is simple: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping and then pop back here with a link to the place you are showing your entry.  If you haven't got a blog, you can also join in via Facebook (simply tag my name) or send me an email with a piccie attached.  The theme will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 27th July 2013.



My entry this week is something I made a while back which has been a class sample for my Hels' On Tour Middlesbrough workshops - which I taught yesterday.  So, with that in mind, I won't be going into mahooosive detail how I put together this piece of wall art... but I can tell you what I used to make the creation!  Oh and if you are wondering where the material is... it is the Burlap that these panels are made of (ok, so that is a bit tenuous but... I likes it :O))



Starting with three Burlap Panels... did I ever tell you that I lurves these muchly... anyways, we also used the most delish Distress Paints, Distress Inks and a ton of Stampers Anonymous stamps and Idea-ology goodies....



Yesterday was a fabby day indeedily, our class was great and one thing that makes my heart very happy is seeing all the different creations that are produced, all based on the little idea I had all those months ago in the Room of Stash!  And ...which is more... I get to do it all again today with a different cool project!  As you can guess, I am scheduling this last night, which means that I am talking ahead of time, which is always a concern knowing how, erm.... challenged I am with time differences and all of that!   So, I won't even try to attempt to understand that it is actually tomorrow now and not yesterday, which it actually is now... but as you are reading it now, it is actually tomorrow...see what I mean? 



Anyways, I shall away... I am sitting here at Sue's house (where I am staying) with Sue, Katy and Lou and to be honest, I have just heard the most pant-wettingly hilarious story from Lou about a weekend in Whitby, a Goth in a hearse and an anorak.... and I now have a make-up issue, in fact, I would go as far as telling you that I actually look like Alice Cooper... a very nice image to leave you with there.... Thanks for looking, have a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

31 comments:

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

So I will wear waterproof mascara tomorrow / today just in case you pass the story on. I had a great time I. Your class today Hels and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Messy Missy said...

Burlap..I like it!

Helen said...

Loving the burlap panels, although being British I shall insist on calling them hessian, lol! Hope today's class goes equally as well and your mascara doesn't melt. I've stopped wearing it in the heat...

carol edwards said...

Good morning Hels sounds like you had a great time with plenty of laughs. Love all the little works of art x

Debbie said...

Many thanks for an excellent day yesterday, great fun and a fabby project. Looking forward to seeing what today has in store. Debbie

Michelle Webb said...

I'm not surprised that your wetting yourself at Lou she's hilarious. I can just imagine what a night you all had. Really looking forward to more crafty play today, and to seeing everyone all again, what a lovely bunch of ladies. Michelle x

Aquarius said...

Whatever day it is you sound as if you are having a great time. Love this piece of wall art.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I love this creation, very colourful and gorgeous techniques and stamping, love it.
I know what you mean about the 'days', I did a corker last Wednesday, I got my train tickets from the automatic machine and went to Manchester for my hairdressing appointment, I showed my tickets to go through the barrier, on the way back I showed the return ticket to get through the barrier, then the ticket collector came round, looked at my ticket, walked off, came back and asked to look again - I had only clicked the 'Liverpool' button instead of the 'Manchester' one at the automatic ticket machine !!! I thought he was going to ask me to pay again, but he just laughed, bet he was thinking 'silly senior' or words to that effect ha ha
Lots of love from Patricia xx

nannapat said...

Love those panels Hels, what lovely art. Hope today's class is as enjoyable as yesterday's. Pat x

Zoe said...

Stunning creations as always an inspiration xx

Unknown said...

Hi there Hels,
Liking these burlap panels Hels, the texture those panels show is very nice indeedy! All those colours look so good together...well done you! Have a "purrfect" sunday :-)
Hugs,
Angela xxxxx

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, gorgeous canvases, love the colours and design. Hope you are keeping cool. Emma

Cardgenie said...

Hels, love the panels. I'm so glad that I'm not alone in getting brain-freeze when it comes to time! When the clocks change to Summer Time and back again, i get so confused as to what time it's going to be tomorrow, I just can't get it!!!! Have a goodly week (when are you back on the telly-box?) Jean

Joanne K said...

Hi Hels, gorgeous pieces today. Love the colours. Kind regards Joanne K x

Craftychris said...

Wonderful! I want to hear the story too! xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, fab creations! Great to hear you've been having a good time on tour! Carole Z xx

Unknown said...

Hi Hels, What a beautiful project-you are very talented! I have had a go at the material girl project- here is the link to my blog: http://thecraftypurplemushroom.blogspot.co.uk/
I hope I have posted in the correct place?

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

And I guess today is tomorrow but wait on you side of the world it just might be yesterday, Hels!

But then it doesn't really matter because your delicious artistic confection is delighting me - today right now.

Oh yes I'm a material girl with something to show you later in the week but for now I thought you might enjoy seeing something magical that is delighting me on this bleak dreary winters day,
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/shyly.html
Cheers to you
Julie

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,

Love the design and elements you've used on your panels. X

Gerrina said...

Hi Hels,
Although it is warm at my craftsroom, I couldnot stay out any longer, after two weeks vacation with just an A5 box with supplies... So here is my card with this weeks theme:
http://gerrinascreatievewereld.blogspot.nl/2013/07/verschillende-bloemen-various-flowers.html
I´ll be out of this warm craftroom and into the garden... Hugs, Gerrina

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Hels, love the panels and the colours. A stunning creation.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Karen Petitt said...

I would so love to hear that tale Hels, what a peculiar combination!
I have given up wearing any mascara for the time being - it melts even if it is water proof!
Gorgeous panels, not quite sure where I could get hold of some hessian but I do love the texture on your beautiful piece.
I've been experimenting with cheesecloth - next step it is to actually stamp onto it and see how it copes with my inks. Anyways here is a wee little something:
http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/technique-time-tuesday-challenge.html
Hope you are having a good week Karen x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Here is my material contribution Hels
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/pleasure-for-heart.html

Hope your world is spinning the right way ... Julie

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi its me again Hels, thought I would enter your Material Girl Project as I did it in your class.xxx The link is : http://homecookedcards.blogspot.co.uk/

Mrs Beez said...

So loving the colours that you've been using. This is another stunner the burlap, the flower and all the butterflies - fabulous.

Here's mine for this week:
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-1sv

Crafty Humphreys said...

Here's mine. I'm in such a rush I bet it doesn't work! Crafting has kept me sane this weekend.
http://craftyhumphreys.blogspot.co.uk/

Becky said...

Great canvas Hels I love seeing your creations here is mine

http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/a-card.html

Debbie said...

Oh my I want to do it all again this weekend. I had so much fun last weekend and am looking forward to the next. Here's my finished project and a second that I finished this morning.
http://crafty-flossie.blogspot.co.uk/

Hugs Debbie

BarbaraW said...

My burlap panels are still stored in my cabinet waiting for me to dare to used them. Thanks for the inspiration.
My card for this challenge can be found here: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2013/07/butterfly.html

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels...for the first time since I started taking part in SS, which was many moons ago, I'm afraid I have to give this week a miss..nasty old back problem took hold last Sunday and I've been off work and unable to even make a card! Hopefully normality will return for next week, hugs Carole Z XX

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails