Wednesday 3 April 2013

Fabulous Faux...

...cor blimey! And thrice! Again!  Before I start my waffling, I just want to say a mahoosive thank you for all your lovely emails into the shows yesterday and sorry we didn't get a chance to read them all out... we have been averaging about 50 emails per show!!!  THANK YOU!!!  Also, thanks for the Tweets, emails (I have read them and will respond tonight as I have a bit more time at home), Facebook messages and blog comments.  The Four Day Deal is proving to be very popular and stock levels are getting low... along with several sell outs so Create & Craft have managed to pop another show into todays schedule, so I will be on now at 10am, the extra show is at 12 noon and then the original scheduled one at 2pm... and I am hoping to be able to do lots more demo-ing again too.




Pics today are of my Faux Porcelain brooch... I have managed to get a demo in already with this technique and hope to be able to do another today because so many peeps are loving it... and once you see it, you can see just  how easy it is to do too!


Also showing is one of the samples I used as the basis for a demo on Tuesday... using the Faux Porcelain again but this time incorporating it ontoa Studio 490 Art Part Rectangle, adding in some Texture Tread ...erm... texture (my brain is mush ... can't think of the right word lol)  The flower I use to make my roses is on the Button Florals stamp set which is still available. 




Did you see the 9am show yesterday?  I very nearly, verrrry nearly, let out a little snort... if you didn't see it, I was saying about being careful when you have your Melt Pot on if you have pets that jump up and help you craft.  Dean then said he wants photo's of cats crafting, so I told him about AlfieCat and his crafting tendancies... and then said how he likes to steal stuff... and how he nicked one of my watches one time... well, all I can say is if you get a chance to see the show on repeat, please do watch it.  It is worth it just to see Dean's reaction to hearing about Alf being a klepto-cat... I am still laughing now!  And I kid you not, he did indeedily steal my watch and a ring which I found outside *Alfie, not Dean rofl* (lucky huh? The watch never turned up)  He also steals sticky dots, foam tape, rubber stamps, die cuts and he is rather partial to the out-y bits of diecuts...   I wonder if, perhaps, he has a bit of a druggy problem and is selling the stuff so he can buy catnip...  see, there I go again, I am laughing my socks off and even admit that I did watch the show back - just that bit mind, so I could actually hear what was said again.  I never watch the shows back, I no likey seeing myself on the telly, let alone hearing myself... but... my Grim did take a screenshot of the telly this morning and here's the pic... *even though my poor old nails have taken a battering of late, they do look presentable lol*




Anyways... one final bit of news before I dive off to bed... did you know that there's a special blog hop starting over on the Creative Expressions blog today?  Now, it doesn't start until 10am, so please do pop back here and follow THIS LINK after 10am... at the moment, the page isn't loaded... but being as I am scheduling this post last night *uh-oh, brain ache again*  and I will be on-air at 10am, I won't get a chance to add the link then... so there it is now.  Oh, that sounds all waffly and confoosing but I know you will know what I mean...   Right, I shall away... my bed is a-calling me.  Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

30 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Been off college for Easter holidays and managed to catch all the shows so far and all I can say is WOW!! Stunning samples and some fantastic inspirational pieces! I MUST invest in those texture treads though! LOVED what you did with those.

Thank you so much for all your hard work and inspiration.

Take care

Jackie x

The Hardy Stamper said...

I watched the 4pm show yesterday - fabby! Now I am wondering where is that Melt Pot that I bought a zillion years ago and never got out of it's box?! Thanks for the inspiration.

Denise Bryant said...

Wish I could get the show! Had to laugh over your klepto cat comments. We had one also when I was growing up. She used to take shiny things. One day my Mom moved a chair in the livingroom to find my cat's collection underneath it. Some of my Mom's earrings, etc. were under there!

Nan G said...

Klepto Kat! LOL oh and I love the faux porcelain flowers. Also, love love the flowers dipped in beeswax! Sure hope you'll give us more info on how to do those! as I wasn't sure of what time to tune in here in the states.

Claire said...

Loving all your fabby demos Hels, Unfortunately I'm having to go to work but I'm recording the shows and playing catch up. I have a klepto-puppy so I'm looking forward to a giggle watching the show with Dean. I bet you are worn out with such a hectic schedule, thanks for all the inspiration
Claire xx

Fuchsia said...

I am not at all surprised it is selling out Hels !
You are one talented lady !
and Alfie cat has always amused us LOL x

Marleine said...


Morning Hels,

Love your art work.

Your shows are brilliant. Will be watching them today.

Your stories are great and do make me smile. X

Inkypinkycraft said...

Fab makes and the shows have been wonderul! Hugs trace x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Fantastic projects here, really enjoying your shows, great tips and techniques and ingenious ideas. I made an order yesterday morning and when I got to the end it had taken 4 items off being 'sold out', I wasn't a 'happy bunny' ha ha.
Looking forward to today's shows.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Me again, sorry, Hels, forgot to mention Alfie-Cat, I was curled up laughing at that little incident yesterday, fancy a Klepto-Cat ha ha. xx

rachel said...

amazing makes again Hels - thanks so much for the inspiration - can't wait to get my pot so I can dip those flowers - will have to start making a stash of them!!! Funny to hear that Alfie is a cleptocat! My Missy likes the kids toys but has never stolen any to my knowledge!!!

gwen70 said...

your shows have been brilliant Hels, enjoyed them all, adore those gorgeous flowers, keep up the good work

Unknown said...

Fabulous demonstrations - and I ordered the melting pot as a result! I have seen it before but really hesitated but now that I understand the range of things it can do, I just went for it!

Thanks for all the ideas.

Christine

Debbie said...

I did see the shows Hels and did laugh at your pinching cat!
I emailed in but it did not get read out, my two dogs did the same and I mentioned that a tv repair man said he lost his screw driver and i said the dog will have it,they never chewed it just pinched it!!
Ha Ha
Shows are fab, you are so relaxed and easy to watch on tv, you do a great job and the melt pot art is fab. Debbiex

Kazkrafts said...

Hels your shows have been awesome, I am raking my melt pot out today and have ordered a few extra bits for it, beeswax, texture treads and the like, thank you for the constant inspiration!!! enjoy todays shows, and try not to talk about Alfie, though that was very funny!!! xx

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, gorgeous demos again yday thank you, haven't emailed yet! My cat loves stealing my ribbon and twine and cake, but not jewellery yet. Emma

Caroline said...

I have literally just turned tv down after watching your 10am show. I have watched them all (some recorded but all caught up for next day)!! I would email you at show but even though I watch c&c, not a member. I daren't join, it would cost me a fortune (I know what I'm like, lol). If melt pot had been on flexi-pay, I would have joined for sure.
I did see Dean with Alfie cat story, He was hilarious - he just lost it, lol! Love your idea of Alfie having a catnip habit to feed (just had flash of Dean doing impression with goods for sale, lol). Gosh, really sorry, I have gone on & on AGAIN (your fault for filling my head with funnies). I'm on break from FB & don't use twitter much. That doesn't mean I am any less dedicated. Love your blog & Alfie cat. Take care :)))

nannapat said...

Loved all the shows so far Hels and looking forward to the rest of them - being retired has definitely got its advantages! Pat x

whyducks said...

Been watching today Hels, great shows and really helpful advise! Feeling very sorry for your back, so hope you get to rest between shows. x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh that darn CAT!!!! Gotta love him!!!! Bahahahaha!!! Wish I could see the show and live to boot! What a riot! Way to go Hels!!!!!

Carole Z said...

Well Hels! As I look at your first photo today, I am lucky enough to be looking at it in reality as the postman just delivered my prize! It is beautiful and will be on permanent display for all to admire! Thank you!!! Carole Z XX

corinna said...

well hels, trust you to have a kleptocat!!! hahahaha. thought i would praise your fab work some more, do you actually think it though first or do you start and then see what comes to mind, you are such an inspiration, thanks for sharing, being sssooo funny and making me laugh, take care, corinna

nikkib said...

I did indeed see the show and nearly wet myself, poor Alfie-cat... the only things my cats steal is food, paper balls and carrier bags!! dont ask!!! often I will wake up to find my youngest cat has brought me a carrier bag in the night and put it by my side of the bed..... loving all the shows and have some beeswax, utee, texture treads and project pan on order so I can play... and kicking myself as I had the nested leaves die and sold it as I thought I wouldnt use them..... looking fwd to the rest of the shows ... strokes to Alfie-cat..... x

jean said...

hi hels great shows on c+c this week wish we could see more and they would give you time to demonstrate.im a newbie and have got a meltpot plus tons of things to use that is if im brave looks a bit scary.can i aks you ifwe can use Heat,Melt embossing powders inthe pot with clear powder, sorry its a long comment and thanks for your help LOL.

Tracy Heaton said...

Hi Hels,
I've been watching and recording all the programmes and just had to write to thank you in person. I don't have a melt pot (yet, I'm dropping many many hints and some not so hinty hints)but I've been so inspired by all your work. I can honestly say that I haven't seen anything I didn't love. You've so obviously put in so much work into all you've created - thank you for all the inspiration and keep it coming!
Tracy x

Carol Q said...

been loving every minute Hels. like having a craft class in my own house lol. And I've dug out the melt pot.

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations and well done on so much inspiration Hels. Your demo's have been brilliant and managed to watch all of them. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

catherine said...

These look fantastic Hels. I hope mine will look just as good. great shows
x catherine

carol edwards said...

Hello Hels great shows and demo's managed to watch most of time today. Thank you

Sarah B said...

Have loved watching your shows this week - recorded them all to watch after work. Going to borrow a melt pot from a friend and have a go at some of the ideas. It's been fantastic to see so many demos per show. Any chance of some workshops in the Kettering area?
Sx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails