...mwhahaaa... did you see what I did there... I did a play on words! I know... groanworthingly groaningtons but... I did actually use a tissue (tis true) to make this sample for the Melt Art shows this week. I am on again today at 9am and 4pm... as ever, all the deets for the shows and how to watch are over in the sidebar. Firstly.. THANK YOU!!! *shouted that loud* for all your amazing emails, Facebook messages, Tweets, comments on here and emails into the studio... they are all so very kind and making me very smiley indeedily! I am so chuffed that you are enjoying the shows. Now, because we were concentrating on getting as much demo-ing done as possible, we didn't have a chance to read out all the emails that arrived... and the last show at 7pm received an immense amount of them... so... if you sent in a question and I didn't get a chance to answer it for you, please do email me... if you leave the question in a comment here, the only way I will be able to reply is if you have your email addy enabled in your comments.. if you haven't activated that option, just pop an email over to me (my addy is in the sidebar) and I will do my best to answer asap.
On with todays offering... which is one of the large Square Art Parts (Studio 490) as the base and some of the Art Parts from the Heart, Love & Stars set. I LOVE Art Parts.. you all know that anyways... and I especially love that they are so sturdy and the perfect base for a nice beeswax project. As I mentioned in my guffaw inducing (ahem... quite) post title, I indeedily used a tissue to make this piece. You know those little packets of pocket tissues you can buy that are all jazzy and posh? They make THE perfect thing to collage with beeswax! Oh yesh... this one was 3 ply (told you it was a posh 'un) and I pulled the plys apart so I just had a single ply. You need to do this for two reasons: firstly, the beeswax kind of melts the tissue away so you are just left with the image, so the thinner the better... and secondly, two layers invites air bubbles... which are ugly and I disuade air bubbles from my arty stuff :O) The Art Part base was painted with Mushroom Eco Paint and then I used a Tim Holtz script stamp, stamping onto one of the other tissue plys, tearing out the images, beeswaxing them on and buffing the wax once it had set. The hearts were done in exactly the same way, using Black Eco Paint on a bit of Cut & Dry foam to add a frame around each piece. The butterfly... well, he is a Studio 490 Embellish Your Art piece.. I only have one of him so I decided to make a mould of him from Mold & Pour, I painted him black (the UTEE was the old bits of amber coloured clear) and then used one of those gold liquid leafy pen jobbies to add the border and the dots... I love him and can see the possibilities in using him with different colours of UTEE... pretty!
Right, I shall away.. I have another early start in the morning so I am scheduling this, although it is gone 11pm now... so please do excuse the excess baggage I will be carrying under my eyes later lol Thing is, I get myself all excitable and my brain is a-buzzin ('scuse the pun, beeswax... buzzin... ah, just me then lol) and I then get to thinking about demo's on todays shows and by the time I realise it, the alarm is going off... and while I sit here waffling that will be sooner than I want... so, as ever, thanks for looking... and thanks again for all your support, you are all stars! Have a great day... TTFN!