...cor blimey and thrice! What a lot of wonderful comments you all left for my Giveaway Part I last week! Thank you all... muchly appreciated :O) Without further ado, I shall announce the winner of my giveaway tag... so there were 70 comments in total... and Mr Random.org chose... Number 32... which tallies with a comment left by Denise.
Thanks again all of you and if Denise could drop me an email with her addy so I can pop the tag into the post. Also, there's still the rest of today to leave a comment HERE to win the card I am giving away :O) I have had a lot of lovely emails and comments about the shows last week and the main theme is "can we see more of the samples..." so, being as I am like that, here are two more of the samples that I made using the Studio 490 goodies on the shows: I have chosen two with similar colours so I don't have to talk right through everything... if you know what I mean... Here's the card I made:
All of the colours used are: Scattered Straw Distress Stain and Ink, Wild Honey Distress Ink & Marker, Rusty Hinge Distress Ink & Marker, Vintage Photo Distress Ink & Marker. Olive Archival and Jet Black Archival. The Studio 490 Stamp sets used: Art For You, Wildflower Art & My Kind of Art. For the card I cut a piece of card (cream in this case) and spritzed it liberally with water and then pounced the Scattered Straw Stain onto it and let the Stains drip... then dried it with a heat tool. Next I smidged some Vintage Photo DI onto my craft sheet and spritzed with water, dipping the card into the inky mix and picking up little dotties of ink. Another zap with a heat tool. The honeycomb background was created by lightly scribbling the Vintage Photo Marker onto the large stamp... only in patches so it isn't an over-all image.
Once stamped, I zapped with a heat tool to dry the ink. Next came the masking - using the new Chicken Wire That Special Touch mask and Scattered Straw DI on some Cut & Dry foam, I blended patches of the mask to add extra detail to the background. The butterflies are card covered Clearly For Art, stamped, coloured with Distress Markers and then heated and moulded. The flower is a Wildflower Art Part, overstamped with the co-ordinating stamp and coloured with Distress Markers. A smidge of jute to add a bit of extra texture to the card and the sentiment, stamped, coloured and chopped up to fit on the card and voila... finished card.... oh apart from the scribbles around the edges, done with a fine marker :O)
This next piece is the base of a Rectangle Art Part, coloured with Scattered Straw Stain and dried immediately - tis always the best way to operate when putting Stains onto Art Parts, so the paper fibres don't separate. A smidge of blending around the edge of the Art Part with Rusty Hinge DI and another zap with a heat tool to set the ink. Next I used a sanding block and lightly sanded the edges of the Art Part to shabby it up a bit. The same application of Distress Marker for the honeycomb background to make a nice little something to see on the base of the Art Part... and then a smidge of flourish stamping with Olive Archival ink to add interest to the bottom of the Art Part. Next came another Wildflower Art Part, stamped with the corresponding stamp and coloured with more of the Distress Markers. The butterflies... they are book page covered Clearly For Art, stamped in Jet Black, coloured with Distress Markers and then cut and heated up and moulded. To make the ickle hanging bit, I punched two holes in the Art Part base using a Crop-A-Dile and added in rusty wire for the hanger. And there you have it. I will be back tomorrow with a couple more cards that were samples on the shows... and also the winner of the card giveaway.
Now, let me tell you... there was much mirth and utter excitement Chez Sheridan on Sunday evening. I got back from my weekend of teaching at about 7pm and we decided to be very lazy and have some takeaway for tea... I know, lazyness indeedily but we had both been working all day... (any excuse right?) Anyways... we settled down to our takeaway and a night of telly catching up. After about three hours of telly catching up I needed a break.... you know, a *fresh air* break (hahaha) and went outside into the back garden. Well, imagine the look on my chops when I saw something sitting in one of the trees in the Spinney at the bottom of the garden. Guess what it was.... go on... guess..... Nope, wrong... it was... AN OWL!!! Oh yesh!!!! AN OWL!!! At the bottom of the garden... like a REAL OWL!!! See my excitement? That is cos I LOVES Owls... very lots. I have heard him callling a few times of late but hadn't actually seen him. Anyways, I nipped back inside and called for Grim to come and see and then went back outside and walked veerrry slowly towards the bottom of the garden. Every time he looked at me, I stood stock still... I was about five minutes looking at him. Then Grim comes out and didn't adopt the one step at a time approach (rofl) and Mr Owl saw Grim and flew off. Pah! Never mind that though. I saw a real OWL, you know, like a wild one, not one in a Raptor Centre. I am still SO excited... to the point that I am going to let me hair grow wildly, buy a stick on beard and pretend I am Bill Oddie (rofl) and set up camp in the back garden again to see if Mr Owl comes to see us again. Anyways.. enough wafflingtons from me for one day. I have been visited by Mr Horrendously Evil Back-Pain so I am planning a day of rest... Thanks for looking and have a fabby day! TTFN