...that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. You see, dear lovely Bloggers, I got kidnapped! Tis true. I was happily starting the Room of Stash clearance (ok, I was thinking about it... still better than not doing anything tho... right?) all of a sudden these bottles of Dylusions Sprays leapt off my desk and flew right into my hands! Then, to aide and abet them, the drawer of Colorwash Sprays sprang open and those bottles started leaping about into my hands too! Fancy!!! Well, it would have been plain rude not to partake in a little play sesh with them, wouldn't it?
Honestly, the lengths I will go to to avoid the Room of Stash clearing is really rather ridikulus. I promised myself on Wednesday that I would get stuck in and do it. Then, of course, I underwent the kidnapping thing and then yesterday (how sad is this) I decided that cleaning Ferdy (my brumbrum) was more pressing than cleaning the Room of Stash. And when I tell you just how long it is since Ferdy was last cleaned you are going to know for deffo that I am a slattern. Tis true... the last time Ferdy had a proper wash was in April last year (yes, that long) and it was Grim who cleaned him for me when I was at Ranger U!
Anyways, I got this hair brained idea yesterday afternoon. I needed to put screenwash into him and had this notion that cleaning him would be a good thing. Well, I was taking Grim out for dinner last night so I wanted to make sure that Ferdy was smart for his special passenger. (plus the fact, Grim says that he doesn't like being driven about in a skip rofl) I have to admit that I did have help - Grim did the whole lifting buckets and cleaning the roof (I am so short, I can't reach) Well, I am paying for it today with the old back pain... I guess that next time Ferdy needs a wash, I will drive five mins down the road to the Polish Car Wash and pay a fiver lol
This post has been punctuated with pics of the tags that I made when I was playing with the Dylusions and Colorwash Sprays. I have realised I need more Dylusions - I only have 5. I have some of the old ones which are still lush but I neeeeed the new ones too! All of them were made in more or less the same way - spritzing the tag with water first and then spraying over it, lifting, dripping, drying etc. The one with the HollyHock is actually a resist I created using Ranger's Glue & Seal - perfect for resisting as it is completely waterproof when dried. Just remember to clean off the stamp immediately, it dries quickly.
Right, I shall away, leaving you with pics of my desk area, worse than the other day... but tomorrow I shall be showing off my neat and clean desk. I have made a pact with myself that I am not allowed to play with anymore stash until the other stuff is put away. And... I am even going to get the *whispers* vacuum.... I shall be positively glowing upon my return! And hopefully, I will have had a chance to add some decorations to the tags too... they needs some stamping and stuff... Thanks for looking... as ever, have a FAB day! TTFN