Friday 24 August 2012

Totally Dylusional...

...that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. You see, dear lovely Bloggers, I got kidnapped! Tis true. I was happily starting the Room of Stash clearance (ok, I was thinking about it... still better than not doing anything tho... right?) all of a sudden these bottles of Dylusions Sprays leapt off my desk and flew right into my hands! Then, to aide and abet them, the drawer of Colorwash Sprays sprang open and those bottles started leaping about into my hands too! Fancy!!! Well, it would have been plain rude not to partake in a little play sesh with them, wouldn't it?



Honestly, the lengths I will go to to avoid the Room of Stash clearing is really rather ridikulus. I promised myself on Wednesday that I would get stuck in and do it. Then, of course, I underwent the kidnapping thing and then yesterday (how sad is this) I decided that cleaning Ferdy (my brumbrum) was more pressing than cleaning the Room of Stash. And when I tell you just how long it is since Ferdy was last cleaned you are going to know for deffo that I am a slattern. Tis true... the last time Ferdy had a proper wash was in April last year (yes, that long) and it was Grim who cleaned him for me when I was at Ranger U!



Anyways, I got this hair brained idea yesterday afternoon. I needed to put screenwash into him and had this notion that cleaning him would be a good thing. Well, I was taking Grim out for dinner last night so I wanted to make sure that Ferdy was smart for his special passenger. (plus the fact, Grim says that he doesn't like being driven about in a skip rofl) I have to admit that I did have help - Grim did the whole lifting buckets and cleaning the roof (I am so short, I can't reach) Well, I am paying for it today with the old back pain... I guess that next time Ferdy needs a wash, I will drive five mins down the road to the Polish Car Wash and pay a fiver lol


This post has been punctuated with pics of the tags that I made when I was playing with the Dylusions and Colorwash Sprays. I have realised I need more Dylusions - I only have 5. I have some of the old ones which are still lush but I neeeeed the new ones too! All of them were made in more or less the same way - spritzing the tag with water first and then spraying over it, lifting, dripping, drying etc. The one with the HollyHock is actually a resist I created using Ranger's Glue & Seal - perfect for resisting as it is completely waterproof when dried. Just remember to clean off the stamp immediately, it dries quickly.




The JellyBabies were a birthday pressie, how good am I not scoffing them already!

Right, I shall away, leaving you with pics of my desk area, worse than the other day... but tomorrow I shall be showing off my neat and clean desk. I have made a pact with myself that I am not allowed to play with anymore stash until the other stuff is put away. And... I am even going to get the *whispers* vacuum.... I shall be positively glowing upon my return! And hopefully, I will have had a chance to add some decorations to the tags too... they needs some stamping and stuff... Thanks for looking... as ever, have a FAB day! TTFN

Hels x

23 comments:

Carole Z said...

Oh Hels, now you've done it...I was just starting to clear up my craft room, took a break to visit blogs and now I just want to play with next spray or ink I come across in my drawers!!!!!! Carole Z :) X

Sue said...

Why haven't I got any of these sprays yet? Those tags are fab & the colours are lush. Good job you were in your room or else those bottles would have just hit the floor and made more mess to clean up! Sx

Rita said...

Well I never, what a great story teller you are Hels. I could read all your ramblings for hours. But if you keep showing all those wonderful goodies, I'm afraid OH will ban from Ink on my Fingers. Only kidding ( he's really a good soul and never asks whats in the parcels that come.) Brilliant tags and I love the Dylusional sprays now too, at first I thought they were far to bright for me to ever use, but after seeing what you have done I'm off to buy some. Watch this Space. Hugs Rita xx

Von said...

Great to just have a mess about Hels :)
Von ♥

ellen vargo designs said...

Those tag backgrounds are LUSH! Love them - and the glue 'n' seal resist? REALLY love! May need to get that hollyhock stamp! Now get busy cleaning "my" desk! It's a disgrace! ROFL.... just kidding... talk soon hon... Els xxx

Jacki Daniels said...

that room is heaven I want it lol totally understand about things jumping in your hand and forcing you to play with them (does that sound as dirty reading it as it did typing ??well you know what I mean)
And we crafter's always need more of everything love what you created too have a great weekend
Jacki xx

Joanne said...

Well, I love all those tags but really think that you should leave the cleaning because you will only make your back worse. Have a sit down and scoff those jelly babies......
Hugs Joanne xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Some great tags which I am sure will be wondrous when you have finished..tidying..I mean stamping!!! Trace. X

ElizabethR said...

Havent bought any of these sprays yet but will be looking for them at Manchester next week. Feeling much better about my desk now lol. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You crack me up! I needed some context clues to help me out on some of yours amazeball words!!!

Kim said...

Is the black spray Dylusions too?? What a stunning effect...hmmmm...mental wheels spinning....

Aquarius said...

Well you have some fab tags to play with now before you can start the tidying LOL!! I await tomorrow's post with interest

EmmaT said...

Hi Hels, i know its a nightmare to start but you will feel better once you've done the tidy up!
Then you can start making a mess again - yippee!
I must start using sprays more and the colours of the dylusions are amazing.
I hope you have a lovely BH weekend and not get kidnapped!
Emma

melanie said...

we will see you when get out hopefully in one peice .Melanie

Marleine said...

Hiya Hels,
Sounds like you have been having fun. Love the colours on the tags.
Your ' play room' looks great. I'd call it organised chaos. I'd enjoy discovering what's there. X

Jenny Marples said...

You know, if you leave it in this state much longer you may do yourself an injury just getting into the Room of Stash! How about pinning up a plan of your next great crafting project at the far end of the room for inspiration, putting on some loud and upbeat music, thinking of your end goal and getting it done!? Then you can post a super-smug instalment of Sunday Stampers with photographic evidence of a perfect crafting room. Just a suggestion (coming from the woman who has avoided cleaning her own car for months!! - gosh I've SO got a cheek!) Didn't realise you could use Glue n Seal as a resist - yippee, now I've gotta play too! Thank you for making me smile/laugh each week. Hugs, Buttons x

Barb Cady said...

Your room is much neater than mine! How can you create in neatness? I love your room, the sprays look fandabadozy too! Hope you have a good bank holiday, hugs x

Planetsusie said...

What an imagination Hels - you tell a cracking tale!!! lol. The colours on the tags are super - can't wait for the follow up!!!

Have a crafty weekend.

Hugs Sue P xxx

Redanne said...

Oh Hels, I thought my room was bad...... what the heck, once dust settles to a certain depth it never gets any worse..... so they say. Look after your back first, craft second, third - clean and tidy the room - there, that should give you an extra week now! I have 5 of those Dylusions too and spent yesterday doing the same thing - but, mine don't look as good as yours........back to the drawing board for me then! A x

ria gall said...

Hi Hels,
I am loving the tags and am thinking about all the great stamping and other things that could be done to them to finish them off.
BUT you are not allowed to do anything to them until that room is tidy! Sorry I sound like I am talking to my daughter.
Ria

Craftychris said...

Those sprays can be persistent little devils can't they? The tags look wonderful and I can't wait to see your tidy desk! xx

lydia jordan said...

Hi Hels,
Love the tags super colours don't own these sprays but will have to think seriously about the purchase of.
As long as you can find things then does it matter if your craft room is untidy.
Have a good weekend.
Lydia
X

Marjie Kemper said...

What language is this you speak about putting things away before creating anew? It sounds like a wonderful idea but highly daunting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails