Friday 20 April 2012

Fantastic...

...Backgrounds! Oh yesh, the theme for the DT over on the Fantastic Ribbons blog this month is... to use ribbons as a background. So, there I was, scratching my bonce and wondering what on earth I was going to come up with... I mean, after all, I am no cardmaker... and I don't do pretty or clean or neat... so... I thunked outside the ...erm... ribbon... and came up with this tag:



For all the deets on the challenge HERE they are... and if you fancy a little competition, Fantastic Ribbons are running one... to design a Washi Tape... which, btw, they now have several lush designs on order (I am going to smile sweetly and see if I can nab some of that to play with.... ) All the deets for that are HERE... oh and... Team Leader Kirsty is designing some too! Tis all exciting stuff!


I used a couple of different ribbons and lace for my design... and coloured them with Distress Stains to tone them down a smidge. I then got it into my head that I would do some weaving... oh ho! How difficult was that... tis a good job that I wasn't doing that there weaving in the presence of anyone... they would have had a right old laugh Anyways... I did it... I weaved and woved... and did some stapling with a Tiny Attacher and added some Brads for a bit of extra texture. The tag was finished with a smidge of stamping, some Idea-ology and a beautiful paper flower.


Right... that's all from me for today.. oh, before I do go... THANK YOU to all you lovely folks who have clicked to follow this l'il ol' blog... I just noticed it is at 1101 now! My gob is still smacked and my gast is still truly flabbered and I do have a very warm fluffy feeling... it is nice to know that you like all this nonsense that I waffle everyday! Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

PS... almost forgot... so many peeps asked about the rose from Wednesday's post, I thought I would do a little tut tomorrow...

15 comments:

Helen said...

What a wonderful tag! Love all the texture you got on there. Off to check out the site now.

Carole Z said...

Love the tag! Also really looking forward to the tut tomorrow! Carole Z X

rachel said...

great tag - love the texture and the randomness! brilliant xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love, Julia xxx

anna christensen crafts said...

Hels this is a lovely tag. I really like what you have done with the ribbons, especially the mirroring of the colours in the tag 'tie' Congratulations on having such a 'bigglie' number of followers - I love what you make and I love how you write too. Thank you for inspiring me. Hope the pain clinic visits are paying off! Have a good weekend hun xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus tag Hels!

Joanne said...

I love your weaving. The fact that you made it grungy was just super dooper. Roll on tomorrow's tut now.
Hugs Joanne xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super gorgeous tag! Love the ribbon details, certainly adds textured and fun to it. Zo xx

Rita said...

Hels your'e the best. This tag is wonderful. I love ribbons and could fill a shop, mind you my daughter's like to browse and use them too. Have a great day and I'll be back to-morrow for the tut. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors and texture :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Ha! I definitely love your waffling and your gorgeous creations! Congrats on 1101! Beautiful tag today, love the way you used the ribbon!

Redanne said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, it looks pretty and a bit grungy all at the same time. The weaving is a great idea. Well done on achieving the 1101, you work hard and you so deserve it. Looking forward to the tutorial tomorrow.

Aquarius said...

You've certainly given this ribbon your own distinctive style - great to think outside the box!!

Nichola said...

Love the wishy part at the top. Very cute :)

crafty creations said...

You are amazing you can do anything with anything - fabulous x \Hilda

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails