Thursday 23 February 2012

And My Faith Is Restored...

...I am a very thankful and happy bunny today. Remember yesterday I told you about the stealing thing? Well, last night I went onto yonder t'internet to find some Grid Blocks to replace the nicked ones. I placed my order with Craft Obsessions late last night... and this morning had a lovely phone call from David; he said that he and Brenda had heard about the theft and were disgusted by it... and were going to let me have the Grid Blocks at cost price. WOW, how kind is that! So a very big and mahoosive thank you to David and Brenda... they have restored my faith... and made me smile big.


So... Postie just arrived with a package for me... and it it was a packet of honeycomb paper from the very kind and thoughtful Joanne... so my big smile is even bigger now. I had had a natter with Joanne on Sunday and said I needed some of that honeycomb paper... of course, I did have a packet of it in my stash from about 382 years ago and hoofed it out just three weeks ago when the Room of Stash had its overhaul... and then of course, the Duke of Distress uses it on his 12 tags of 2012 and I need some... like really need! Jennie very kindly brought me a die cut heart and a couple of the the cherubs so I could make the tag (I had none of the stuff needed except the heart die)... so... between Jennie and Joanne I can now go and play and get started on the tag... which is what I intend to do in a mo... so thank you both!!




But afore I go (blimey, I sound like I am from the 19th century lol) I will just show you this little brooch I made using some of the demo bits from the weekend... the rose is Grunge with Gold Dabber, the flower underneath is Grunge with Gold Dabber pounced onto it and then dried so it bubbles a bit and then slapped with a Coffee Archival pad so it looks rusty.. .and the black flower is Clearly for Art Blackout flavour, stamped with Gold Dabber and heated and curled... and the leafy bit is a Leaves Art Part, coloured with Peeled Paint DI and stamped with Olive Archival and edged with Gold Dabber.


Oh and... I nearly forgot!!! The winner of the Fantastic Ribbons button giveaway! I had 93 lovely comments (thanks all) and I asked Mr Random.org to pick a winner... and #34 was chosen which tallies with the comment left by Elaine. Thank you all for your lovely comments... and Elaine, please can I have your addy? Ta!


Right, I am off now... I have a tag to make and... erm... I still haven't unpacked my kit bag... ooops, the halo is slipping lol Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

17 comments:

Gabrielle said...

My faith is restored too! So pleased that there are still thoughtful and considerate people out there and you've mentioned a few today! Love the brooch btw - a good reason not to throw anything away ;)

Helen said...

I was trying to comment from the link on twitter but it wouldn't let me. How great is that of David and Brenda.... see, like Gabrielle says, don't throw stuff away!!
Love the brooch too.

Jacki Daniels said...

It is so nice to know that are some kind human beings still around and so glad you are sorted loving the brooch too
Jacki xx

Jacki Daniels said...

so glad to hear there are still some decent human beings around and loving the brooch
Jacki xx

Redanne said...

How lovely of David and Brenda, they are real troopers. Your brooch looks like real leather, it is stunning. I found some honeycomb paper on Ebay and did the dress form that TH demoed. I put in on my new blog - 1 week old (!)- I am just a beginner but I am trying. Regards Anne Rx

Fliss said...

I didn't realise until I saw this that a nasty someone had nicked your grid blocks - there really are some unkind people out there.
So glad to hear of David and Brenda's kindness too, it just goes to show that there are more of the kind sort around.
Your gold rose is fabulous too.
Fliss xx

Elaine said...

I've emailed you my addy - can't believe I actually won!! Really pleased you're getting new grid blocks - Craft Obsessions are great aren't they!? Love the rose by the way.

snazzyoriginal said...

Here's the thing, we are all lucky enough to work in an industry where we meet the lovliest people which far outweighs the very few xxxs who feel the need to pocket other people's art & tools xx

Eloise said...

Such a beautiful brooch. love it!

Rita said...

What a lovely surprise. At least it shows that decent people care. Honeycomb paper sounds super hels and I bet that we need it too. I love that rose. Was it made from punches?. Hugs Rita xxx

Deb Neerman said...

That is such good news about the acrylic blocks, yipppeeee!

And isn't that always the way?!? Seems that the minute you dispose of something stash-wise, you'll discover you need it. It's Crafty's-Law! Can't wait to see your t!m tag

Gorgeous flower ... yum, it looks good enough to eat!

ElizabethR said...

What nice people. Love the flower broch, looks just like leather! Hugs Elizabeth x

LisaK said...

Bravo David and Brenda! Nice to know there are some kind & considerate folk out there.
Your brooch is stunning by the way. I'm after some of that honeycomb paper too...

Karen R said...

Lesson learned, throw nothing away! There are some lovely people out there in craft land, makes up for the few baddies that spoil it. Love the brooch.
Karen xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

David & Brenda are fantastic! Your brooch is lovely.

Maureen said...

See there is still a lot of good in this world!!I'm loving your rose,especially it's 'goldness'.Thanks for your comments on my blog, it was good to talk to you, and your 'art parts' pieces ( that's a mouthful) inspired me to start using mine, i've posted it on my blog with a link back to you

Maureen said...

See there is still a lot of good in this world!!I'm loving your rose,especially it's 'goldness'.Thanks for your comments on my blog, it was good to talk to you, and your 'art parts' pieces ( that's a mouthful) inspired me to start using mine, i've posted it on my blog with a link back to you

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails