Thursday 27 October 2011

One Colour???

....mmm, nomnomnom, I love Gingerbread... very lots... and when I made this T'Pouch I must have had that on my mind because I think the colours of this one are very ...erm... gingerbread-ish. Anyways... I have been playing with my favoured Studio 490 stamps again and have made a Tag and T'Pouch.




Now, I made this a few weeks ago and hadn't had chance to blog it, and then I saw the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge for this week and am thinking... could I get away with it if I entered this for the challenge?? Only one way to find out... the theme this week is ONE COLOUR. Mmm, I struggle to use just one colour... so this one actually has several colours but they are all the same shade/colour family... whatcha fink? **oh and ignore the green leaves... those aren't there really ;o))**


So, the T'Pouch was made in the usual fashion, a piece of cream card, cut, scored and folded... if you missed the Tut on how to make these, it is over THERE in the sidebar. I used Old Paper, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye and Rusty Hinge Distress Stains to make a smooshiness on my craft sheet and dipped the card and tag directly into it... and then spritzed with water and dried with a heat gun.


The stamping was done using Coffee Archival and apart from the butterfly (and the leaves... ssshhh) all the Grungepaper flowers and embellies were coloured with the brown tones of the Distress Ink range. I did a bit of sewing... ahem, my sewing machine is wonky... it is!! It can't possibly be me that can't sew a straight line for toffee... I do try really hard but the machine just drags the card off in any old direction... but I have found that if I sew two lines then the wobbliness doesn't look too bad.




Anyways... the tag and pouch both had ickle tags/labels in little flappy things I added... am loving adding "little" things to my artwork at the moment... and I have the perfect thing to make them.. oh yes, the Tags and Tabs Alterations and the Labels Movers & Shapers... perfect indeedily!





Oh and before I forget... it is my day for The Stamp Attic DT today and I have blogged a little Studio 490 Art Part "label" I made for my old suitcase of Art Parts... all the deets are HERE and this is a little sneaky peek at the piece I made :O))



Right... I had better get a wiggle on... things to do and stuff... ooh, an update on the sorely foot... well, I listened to everyone and rested it yesterday, keeping it elevated and all that and spent a very lot of time resting on the sofa... I was well occupied though, I had several Spooks to watch... but haven't seen the very last one yet... eeek, I need to get that watched today... want to know what happened!! Right... am off, really, I am this time... thanks for looking!! TTFN

Hels x

13 comments:

Joanne said...

I won't tell about more than 1 colour. Reckon 'shades of' is ok anyway. I made a t'pouch when we were away last month but got a bit confused with the bottom - doesn't take much to confuse me sometimes - The sides of mine are folded in and the bottom is flat. Is that right or is it all supposed to fold flat?
Hugs Joanne xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great tag, it looks almost as yummy as gingerbread!! Hope your foot gets better, poor u! Fab tag! Trace x

Helen said...

I reckon shades will be ok... hope so cos if I get time to play (doubtful, as you know this week is not a good one...!!) that's what I'll do....
Love the tag/t'pouch.
So is your art part label gorgeous - how do you get such intensity of colour on the art parts cos I can't - do you paint it with a base coat or something first (I guess not as you don't mention it, but...) as I can't get colour like that even with the distress stains... do help!! (lol!)

Candy C said...

Hels...your gingerbread T'Pouch is really cool! It fits in perfectly with the theme at Simon Says this week...one colour! Your attention to detail is amazing. Love the tag tucked inside as well. Thanks for sharing your amazing art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Carol Swift said...

I love the one color look. I also am heading over to check out the "Tut" on how to make that pouch.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your TPouch, the colour is fabulous, so warm and rich looking. Love the tags inside and those stars are wonderful. Beautifully executed. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

SWiggins said...

I didn't even notice the leaves until you pointed them out, I was consumed with thoughts of Gingerbread.

Barb Cady said...

Did you know that there is a gingerbreadporridge out? I am combing the supermarkets for it!Irrelevent comment but thought you might like to know! Love the tag and pouch, clever use of one colour, my mojo is certainly inspired! I haven't watched the last Spooks yet, saving it for a special evening! How can they stop making something so good? Hope foot continues to improve xx

Jacqueline said...

THAT is gorgeous! I can almost smell the deliciousness from here lol. I love that colour!

Take care

Jackie x

Stampersue said...

Hi Hels

Love the tag and pouch the colour is just fab. I have been out of tough for a while and I've been playing catch up but I just had to tell you I laughed sooo much when I read about you, Grim and the bulls it has made my day. It sounds like you had a ball - your blog is the best. Thanks for cheering me up.

Stampersue
X

Shazza said...

gingerbready gorgeousness Hels, love it and I love the Rules to Live By, fabulous!!
Spooks was fab!!!!Have a good weekend x

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Great tag Hels it looks fab the colours are fab .....have to share with you went to craft show last week and they were selling studio 490 stamps buy 2 get one free !! I like them bargains ! Happy days managed to stock up ....been trying for two weeks to hook up to your Sunday stampers no success yet .......I don't think you cheated is green not a shade of gingerbread ! Mandy x

Marjie Kemper said...

It's wonderful... I think color 'families' definitely count. Love the way you used that Wendy shooting star stamp.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails