Sunday 14 August 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 167 - White Lines

Goodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all. Many thanks for the grand entries that you made last week... and so many too.. that makes me happy! This week I have a special "guest setter" for the challenge theme. Dan has chosen the song title... and the theme is... WHITE. So, to join in with the challenge, all you need to do is... make a little something, it can be anything you like - add in some stamping and the theme... and then pop over here and leave a comment for me with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can then hop over to see you. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 20th August 2011.




So... I had every intention of my entry being a shadow box. I even carted several tonnes of stash halfway across the country so I could make it here (I am at Dan's house for a weekend of craft and delish food.. more about that later) Anyways... I got waylaid and ended up playing with those new and very heavenly Distress Stains... and reverted to type and ended up making a T'Pouch.



So... the Stains... oh my lordy indeedily... the Picket Fence was always going to be a hit but little did I know just how much I would lurve it... until I got playing and adding it to the darker Stains equals the most gorgeous effects! The background of the pouch was swooshed with Tea Dye Stain... and then edged with Vintage Photo DI. The tag itself was stamped with white Dabber for the background and then I smooshed Picket Fence, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Stain onto the craft sheet and dipped and twisted the tag through the inkiness. Corrrrrrr!!!! I added some Rusty Hinge Stain to the mix and dipped again... Double Corrrrrr!!!


The card on the front of the pouch was Stained in the same way, this time I did the Dabber stamping after the staining to see if it made much of a difference... but to me, it looks almost the same. I added a few diecut bits... the Steampunk Chaps - a handsome crew they are, complete with the RH chap and his monocle - I snipped the "hand" part off a watch bit so the circle attachment jobby was left... then added a dash of Glossy Accents to make it shine. Check out the ickle bottles... they have labels!!! I know, how cute!!! And these labels were made using those new Tim Holtz stamps... that I bought today... which leads me nicely onto...


A trip to Art From the Heart... oooh, I have never been there before and oh my word, I could have spent several hours looking at all the divine art in the shop... and... an annoucement... I have... bought a journal book thingy wotsit - well, actually it is a book thingy but.. it has a little expanding file jobby in the back of it... cool!!! Eeeek and thrice eeeeeek... I have dallied with that journalling lark and always made a total hash of it... so I have bitten the bullet and I am going to just "go for it"... which was sage and very muchly appreciated advice from Dyan today... who, I hasten to add... was so lovely and welcoming and... she showed me her ledger book.. cor blimey and thrice... it is a work of art! Anyways... the weekend of craft and delish food I mentioned earlier... crafting, obviously, is fun... and even more fun when there is someone else who is as mad about it as you are... and... who also cooks THE best lasagne I have ever tasted... and believe me, I am like Garfield when it comes to lasagne, so I have tasted a fair few in my time lol I would go so far as to say... it is like lasagne... with the volume turned up!!! Right... enough of my waffling, I have more craftiness in me... a little venture into journal land before bed methinks. Thanks for looking.... TTFN!

Hels x

32 comments:

Dan said...

Well, I guess it comes as no surprise to find out that I've entered this week's challenge, seeing as Hels asked me to choose the topic, lol
My entry can be seen here :)

Helen said...

Am very envious - a trip to AFTH - being cooked for - having fun - Oh, yes I'm just off to Stevenage... have a great day.
Your T'pouch is fab, by the way..

Sandy said...

Wow hun this is the greatest.
A big applause form me to your unique work.
Fabulous.

Have a lovely sunny hun.

Kaz Hall said...

Hi Hels

Gorgeous creation as always..... Hope your having a great time.......mmmm lasagne my fav too nom nom nom lol!
Hope we get to set the journal pages.......I wanna see the wonderful words you come up with, show and tell please xxx
Have a great Sunday
Kazx

Andrea said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself with Dan and his fab cooking and he is the best company to. just sad that I was unable to join you this time and I will look forward to when we can eat Dans divine food together. the crafty work is great by the way as I waffled of subject, love to you both xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

I'm another who's jealous of you - not only visiting AFTH, but meeting the divine Dyan too!! Glad you & Dan are having a great time. Love your project for the challenge HUGELY. Now I'm going to see what Dan came up with.

mom2fivekiddos said...

Love this! Thank you so much for sharing! I have to try this! And making the box to go with it! LOVE IT!!!
www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
Kristin

Gillian .... said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend, nice food, nice company and lots of inky fun, look forward to seeing your Journals:) Loving your Tpouch, with those ever so handsome gents, fab colours too. xxx

Risa said...

That is really neat... incredibly cool!

Unknown said...

These are so very very clever and I just love them

Candy C said...

Oh wow Hels! This is scrupulous! I totally love it all!!! You are fab, Hels! <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous tag! Sounds like a wonderful weekend of inky goodness. Here's my go at the white lines:

http://tinyurl.com/marjie167

Sue West said...

Wow Hels, these are totally fab. Sounds like you had a great time at AFTH. Here's my tag with some whiteness included http://susiepinkink.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-mauve-mood.html
I'm hoping to juggle some days off around so I can get to one of your workshops at the Stamp Atttic.
Sue xx

Jo said...

Lovely, lovely as ever Hels. Am V jealous of your visit to AFTH as well! Anyway here's my entry http://shabbydandelion.blogspot.com/2011/08/white-mostly.html jo xx

Helen said...

Managed to get a threefer with this one!
http://stampingbyh.blogspot.com/2011/08/threefer.html

Anonymous said...

Well, I white lined of sorts... white worded too if that counts !

Inspired by a phone call and boy did it turn up some good/bad/downright naurty memories of my time at grammer school haha

http://fistfullofglittercardsbyaj.blogspot.com/2011/08/sunday-stampers-white-lines.html

Loving your tag Hels ! Intrigued as to how you do the pocket, do you have a tut anywhere ?


Aj.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hi Hels, I got to play and it isn't Saturday night!
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com/2011/08/white-with-variations.html

I love the complexity of your tag but I am also a bit %^&*( as the new colours in the distress stains that all you lovely UK bloggers are talking about have not made it down under yet!

Sue Campbell said...

Love this creation.I went very "white".You sound to have had a great weekend.Lucky you!

Dragon said...

Well I took up your challenge again this week... so I hope it fits the bill it's here
Hope that link works!!
Frankie
xx

Kazza said...

I have managed to enter this week - my entry is here http://scrapz-uk.blogspot.com/2011/08/more-challenges-white-and-bit-of-bling.html

Xx Karen

Kazza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kazza said...

In my excitement with actually having entered a challenge I very rudely forgot to comment on the magnificentness of yours and Dans work - hands now smacked very ferociously - I adore Dans fabulous tag entry, - and as for your t'pouch Hels - steampunky perfect :0). Xx Karen

margaret said...

Hi Hels - here is my white contribution this week. http://marglovecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/08/sunday-stamper-white.html

Elaine said...

Great art once again - keep the challenges coming and it makes me create something!! Not up to your standard of course but here it it:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/08/white.html

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great challenge Dan, I love a pop of white in artwork it always lifts everything. Love your piece Hels especially those bottles. Love the pop of white in the background too. Beautifully embellished as always. My entry for the Sunday Stamper is HERE. Glad you had a great time at The Stamp Attic on your workshop and thanks so much for the kind words re my samples in the shop. THANKS, Tracy x x

Barb Cady said...

Looking forward to doing the beeswax workshop on Saturday Hels! Love your tag and the pouch, tis loverly! Here is my attempt at white:
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/2011/08/sunday-stampers-week-167-white-lines.html
See you soon! xx

Gabrielle said...

Oh Dan! Great challenge! How do we all get to be invited for Lasagne?! Hels love your tag - I decided to do something a little different than a tag but hopefully it will still qualify! http://gabrielle-price.blogspot.com/2011/08/time-flies.html

BarbaraW said...

This is not my usual style, but it is white.
http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2011/08/elegant-grunge.html

DeeDee Catron said...

Miss Hels --- I've been followed the blog for so long, and of course MEANING to enter for a while.. so without further ado here is my WHITE LINES link up --- hoping this counts ;) Love your work!

Joan said...

Fab creations as usual ! see you have been visiting my home town and AFTH, sounds like you had a great time. My tag is on my blog

http://latenightstamping.blogspot.com/2011/08/scraps.html

Alison Horne said...

http://alitalksblogs.blogspot.com/2011/08/grungy-monday-19-studio-l3.html

hope its whit enough hope not too late!xx

StampDancer said...

This is a gorgeous and fun challenge as always Hels! It's always lovely to spend time with artsy friends which I did this morning--I'm so glad you and Dan had a great time!

Sorry I am so late this week. Here's my entry Deb M

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails