Friday 12 August 2011

A Stain on My Concience...

...oohooo, I have made myself snort again - there is something sad about laughing at your own words though... mmmm.... Anyways... my concience was talking to me last night... actually, I prefer to think of it as a little angel sitting on my shoulder, whispering in my ear, to guide me away from the temptation of tags and back to the concience of cards. (otherwise it would be like admitting I am hearing voices... mwhahahaaa)



So, those new Distress Stains... lush right? Gorgeous? Picket Fence? What did I do before I had Picket Fence huh? Well, I had a little bit of a smooshly sesh last night, playing with combo's of Picket Fence and other new Stain colours... and who knew that Picket Fence, when mixed with Pine Needles and Tumbled Glass goes a beautiful aqua colour??


Pine Needles is one of those colours that I do really like but always seem to over look it. To get the colour and effect, I smooshed some Picket Fence, Tumbled Glass and Pine Needles Stains onto my craft sheet and dipped the card into it... then lightly spritzed with water and dried with a heat gun. I then used the Picket Fence to splat down onto the cardstock... I love splatting, it is very therapeutic... although, I should warn you, if you are a bit messy (like what I am)... wear old clothes or a pinny... cos Stains... erm... stain... clothes... just sayin :O))



The flower was cut from book pages using the Tattered Florals die... I split the layers into three, some had Tumbled Glass Stain popped onto them. Some had Pine Needles popped onto them and finally, the last few had Picket Fence, dried and then Pine Needles over the top of them... which gives a really creamy turquoise colour... yum!





Anyways... tis my day for Bubbly Funk DT today and I have made myself a handbag charm... all the deets etc can be seen HERE. Right, I had better get a wiggle on... I have a bag to pack... and some stashly goodies to pack... I am away to Dan's for a weekend of craftiness and inking... mind you, saying that... whenever I craft with Dan I always end up sitting goggling at the amazing techniques and arty things he makes... I will have to try harder this time though as I still have the Sunday Stamper to make .. oh and the theme to pick too lol Thanks for looking.. have a goodly day! TTFN

Hels x

15 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

Ok im determind to try and leave a comment ......fingers crossed mr blogger lets me......omg!!! i so need picket fence!! im still waiting on mine to come, love how you have used it......totally gorgeous as always!the handbag charm its fabulous too....you rock hels!!

mahoosive hugs

kazx

p.s word of the day..... gangly lolx

Inkypinkycraft said...

These flowers are gorgeous, I love my tattered floral die.I love your stuff think you have amazing ideas trace xI need that picket fence stain too x

Sandy said...

Really really cool Tag hun.
Beautiful details. Brilliant job hun.

Have a sunnx weekend.

Artyjen said...

I must get me some of those stains! ;) Love the colour on your super tag the flower is lush!
Have fun stamping this weekend
xoxo Sioux

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your card, really great size and I love love the colour, one of my favourite colours to use in art. Gorgeous flower as always. Love your handbag charm, this would make a great gift. I have entered the Sunday Stamper too and left a link, only just in time I might add LOL. Hope the back is not giving you too much pain at the moment. Take care. Tracy Evans x x

shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous colours!
Can't wait for mine to arrive any day now!

Alison Horne said...

Love the layering of the flowers,and love that you will be having a sploshing time with Dan. Wish I could be a fly on the wall to see if he really looks like his village people avatar!xx

Gabrielle said...

Lush. Lush. Lush! Love the Tumbled Glass - now I need to go and buy that one!!!

Helen said...

This is so gorgeous. The colour is as you say, fab - might have to buy some of those at the weekend - does this mean you won't be at Stevenage then on Sunday? How will I cope.....
If I was being picky (heaven forbid) I would point out that there is an "s" in conscience.... but I love your idea of your conscience being an angel sat on your shoulder.... (must spell check this now so you can't get me back!)

Regina said...

Vintage.... gorgeous and just plain ole awesome!! Hels...you never cease to amaze me. Adore the purse charm too.

Gillian .... said...

Oh yes, loving this TALL CARD, stunning colour combo with those lush stains, just adore those Tattered Florals, have a fun & inky weekend:) xxx

Dragon said...

Well you went and gone and done it again missus!!! This is yummylitious gorgeousness... I hope you have a great weekend crafting with Dan... I do envy you having peeps to do that with, it must be so inspiring... just stuck here with Miss Mojo, who does seem to have it running/working at the moment at least!!!
Frankie
xx

craftimamma said...

Oooooh Hels, I love the things you're doing with those gorgeous stains. I need more of them and top of the list is the Picket Fence. Fabulous colours you have achieved on the tag and I love your handbag charm too.

Have a lovely inky time at Dan's.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Risa said...

That flower is awesome! The charm is great, too!

Lisa and Elaine @ Destination Art said...

Hi Hels
fantastic colour combo and wicked handbag charms! What a great idea! Boy, you are one inspiring little bunny (oh! and talented too!!)
Hugs Elaine @ Destination Art

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails