Saturday 14 May 2011

Grungy...

...Saturday... well, it is actually Grungy Monday 06 but I have only just sat down to get inky and join in with this FAB challenge again. Hosted, devised and co-ordinated by my lovely "Airport Girl, Ranger Sister" friend, Linda Ledbetter... all the deets about the challenge are HERE. This week features another cool technique from THE Duke of Distress... all the deets for this are HERE.



So... it is actually nearly a whole week since I last picked up an ink pad! Truly... the last crafty session I had was last Saturday, I was 3,700 miles away from the Room of Stash and was in the process of trashing Ellen's glorious studio... needless to say, I did tidy up after myself... well, a bit... sort of... well, as much as I can tidy up... being as I am on my new "I am so tidy" jaunt. Anyways... where was I? Oh yes, picking up ink pads... so, this morning I got up early - Grim's on earlies - I actually don't like getting out of bed... at the best of times it feels like an assault on the old body but... when it is this time of year I don't half mind it. All the ickle birdies are singing their socks off... actually, do birds wear socks? No, probably not... well, I am guessing that one but I have never seen a bird in Marks & Spencers so I am assuming that they don't. Well, whatever, I was up early... I did (please accept my apologies for these next few words...) some housework ('s'ok, I put 50p in the Swear Box lol) and then I headed off to the Room of Stash to get inky...


I am determined to do a heap of crafty things today... well, Grim is at work til mid afternoon... and then he will be watching the FA Cup Final when he gets home so the day is mine to get as ink stained as possible. My tag (finally, I tell you about the tag!) has got Juniper Dabber on it... with Frayed Burlap ink over the top... and the Brolly Man has the same technique on him... with a bit of stamping over the top. The cogs have the same technique but this time with Gold Dabber and Frayed Burlap and the sentiment is actually the mini and large size of this sentiment... and I have used the large "life" with the smaller other words... raised up on 3D foam to make it pop.



That's about all really with the tag... simples and quick and it is so good to revisit old techniques that I haven't used for donkey's yonks. I have a cunning plan up my sleeve to make the Sunday Stamper for tomorrow, this morning... which will mean that when I usually am flapping about of a Saturday evening, I can instead be rolling around on the floor laughing at the Eurovision Song Contest. I can't help it, I have to watch it... tis prime time entertainment indeedily... so, will you be watching it?? Right... time to get back to the inks, they are a-calling me... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

22 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

OooooooOOOOooooh so glad your back to gettin all inky, you have been soooo missed! Just lurve this tag, colours, the umbrella man wow!! Proper gorgeous! Forgot the the euro was on tonight, so not only have you shown how fab and very clever you are youve also sorted my nights TV for me......cheers Hels catch ya laters xx

Kazxx

Minxy said...

Delectabley delightful, love it x

Helen said...

You areright, no matter how bad it is, we all have to watch Eurovision! Love your tag, tis proper gorgeous. Glad blogger seems to be sorted and I can leave this comment!!

Sarah said...

Look at those touches of tan tones creeping in there...looking just yummy - loving the vintage feel.



Have fun tonight - could well be those twins you know....who I actually think are darn good fun - they 'are' Eurovision... in a red glittery suit.
Sarah (at 35 on GM)

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep Eurovisioners here too - first time in ten years we haven't had a party...mind you - we've never actually watched it - just had it on in the lounge whilst we all eat and drink our way around the world!!
Glad to see you getting down and inky.

Nancy said...

Wonderful tag!! I'm hoping to get inky for Grungy Monday today ... keepin' my fingers crossed, well, 'til I sit down at my desk.

Siobhan Brignull said...

you are a better girl than me, Ive been on holiday all week and still havent managed that challenge, hangs head in shame :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fabby tag Hels!

Gillian .... said...

This is gorge, love the colour combo's of Juniper & Frayed Burlap, brolly man looks fab. Yip will be watching the Eurovision tonight too, always a laugh. xx

Shazza said...

love it Hels, your day sounds much more fun than mine was, I wann acome and play in the room fo stash and get inky xxx

Candy C said...

Helloooooo Hels! Love your umbrella man tag! I'm still waiting on my die cut!! Argh! Can't wait to get it. I love how you used the gears with your little man and the colors you used. It's your usual wonderful work! <3 Candy

Gabrielle said...

I thought this was lovely - umbrella man looks positively dashing!

Artyjen said...

Will I be watching? Is the Pope Catholic?!!!
xoxo Sioux
Love the tag btw.

Mary said...

Your beautiful tag makes me want to play! I haven't done anything for Grungy Monday either....hmmmm.... =)

Belinda Basson said...

Love the way you did the technique on all the parts! Clever idea! Brolly man looks really cool. Have him on my wish list!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

OH my my! this technqie is so wonderful. Every person comes up with a different feel because of the colors used but all the creations really create the look of old wood. I think this is my favorite techniqe of Tims !

Hettie said...

Hi there. Lovely tag you have done there Hels. Gonna have to get the "Man" die very soon!! I resisted looking until after I had done mine. Done mine now so I am having a browse.

Hettie said...

Hi there. Lovely tag you have done there Hels. Gonna have to get the "Man" die very soon!! I resisted looking until after I had done mine. Done mine now so I am having a browse.

Hettie said...

Hi there. Lovely tag you have done there Hels. Gonna have to get the "Man" die very soon!! I resisted looking until after I had done mine. Done mine now so I am having a browse.

Jane said...

I love your tag. Brolly man has become a fave watching all you do with him.Sounds like you had a blast in USA! And time with the Duke himself. I'll be watching as you incorporate all you learned into new weeks entries. you are so creative!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hey there, awesome Airport Girl/Ranger Sister! I'm so glad you were able to fit this into what must be a very busy re-entry week! I'm so glad you and Ellen had such fun, and delighted and grateful that I got to share the Ranger U experience with you!

Your GM tag is, of course, beyond fabulous! I love the colors you used, and the Umbrella Man looks absolutely dapper there with his gears. Clever way to do the sentiment, too!

I miss your lovely smile, my dear! We'll have to have a Ranger U reunion!

annes paperfun said...

Gorgeous!!
Love your tags! ♥
Hugs Anne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails