Friday 4 February 2011

So... Do You Know A Good...

... Gardener??? Only, it seems that... we have a loverly drive and... erm... a (without wanting to sound rude) really ruuuuubish front garden LOL But more of that later... firstly, it is Friday so my day for the Bubbly Funk DT... and I have been carrying on with my amazingly unbroken New Year Resolution to make at least two cards each week... and this time I have really excelled myself and made a card for a chap!! All the deets etc are HERE and this is a little snip pic of the card :O))





So... da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaaaaaaah... unveiling... the new drive at the House of Sheridan! Oh boy are we chuffty tuffty with it... it is ... quite simply... amazing!!! It looks a bit pale in the pics... do you know, I took on board what you all said about getting photo's of it when it is finished... so I did just that and risked life and limb by hanging out of the bedroom window... well, actually, I just opened the window and waved the camera around a bit but ... it sounded so much better to say I had been daring ROFL




The colours... well, someone said yesterday, "what colour is it?" And... to be honest, in "real" terms I couldn't possibly describe it... but... for you, who are all in the know and totally *get* what I mean... I can describe it as a base of Pumice Stone with smatterings of Frayed Burlap, with subtle hints of Brushed Corduroy and a teensy smidge of Walnut Stain and then just a very slight smidge of Fired Brick... so the cobbles look like they have broken up bricks in them... that red bit was my idea that was... cos I thought it would just fancy it up a bit without it being bonkers over the top red.



So... the cobbles... how cool are they!!! I showed you the pics of those clever chaps doing the stamping... oh and ... someone did ask... "how do they do the stamping without getting their knees in the wet concrete?" Aha! Well, that is simples... they... put the mats down (that is what they call these here stamps) and then... they stamp on them... literally, with their feet... and then they have a really cool tool which is like a big sink plunger on a broom handle.. without the suckery bit from the plunger... I am sure I am not creating the best of scenes here for you... but you know what I mean, I am sure :O))



Cor... look at those steps!!! Before there was a manky worn path that people who were too lazy to walk back out of the drive, cut through to the path at the side of the house... now it is a lovely big path with steps and all.. and... once we get the side done and a fence up, it is going to look...perfect!! Oh and the cuts you can see, they are expansion joints which are going to be filled up with silicone - so the concrete can expand and contract without cracking... it won't look so obvious once it is filled in... but... they do think of everything!



That round thingy in the middle... that is to break up the cobble design and I really like it... I think it just defines the overall look of the driveway... so... going back to the title... have you seen the state of the front... erm... *ahem* lawn!!! I know!!! Look at it!!! Actually, it wasn't much better before the drive was done and the chaps are coming back to sort it out and backfill, what ever that may mean... it needs a border and some flowers and a bit of grass methinks... all in good time though! Anyways... there you have it... a brand spanking new drive... and we can eventually put Ferdy and Gordon on it next Wednesday... ahhhh, the wait!!! Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

26 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous drive Hels, love the colours, mine was done in just a plain grey but I love it. The splashes of colour are a wonderful effect. Off to look at your artwork now. Trac Evans x

whyducks said...

Oh Hels, how can I be so excited by a drive that isn't even mine, but I am, it is soooo beautiful. I wish I lived nearer and they could come and do mine, I Love it! B-u-t my, oh my, do you need some plants and bulbs planted, or some Hels arty sculptures maybe! Now I am going to read back and take a look at your card!

Andrea said...

it almost looks holographic Hels from those pics, certainly looks great as does your card xx

Joanne said...

I reckon those pics would make a super background for a card. Love the round bit, just breaks it up. Can't wait to see you get the cars up those steps though LOL!!!!
I especially like the way you let your birdy out of the cage.
hugs
xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Cobblicious Hels! Love the colours, they belong on a piece of artwork.The round design is great. You do need to get some plants in now. It's like a card without the ideology, know what I mean? Judith xx

Shoshi said...

Hey Hels, gorgeous new drive! Those piccies would make fabulous digi backgrounds... Any chance I could download them for this?

You must be thrilled to have such a nice drive. Love your card too. Pretty birds!

ellen vargo designs said...

WOW! FAB FABBY FAB! Drive looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person..... in.... drumroll..... 13 days!!! Yes, the ever so slightly obnoxious countdown has begun! Oh.. and the card is great too!
Hugs Hon! Els xxx

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, this turned out great. I was thinking Pumice Stone as I was reading it and I love the added colors and especially the circle. Can't wait to see it wih flowers and rass surrouding it. Very pretty!

Marijane said...

Your driveway looks amazing, and what a cool technique. I thought it was real bricks. I love the way you described the colors as distress ink colors! How "crafty" of you!

SusanK said...

Gorgeous drive and walk!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Really uptown..wish it was mine just a LOT of Character in cobblestone. Thanks for sharing.

penibear said...

I have a rubbish front garden too.....sadly my driveway is also rubbish, unlike yours which is GORGEOUS(and beeeyootifully described, lol.)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on your new cement. I had an enclosed hacienda style patio poured last summer and I understand your excitement. The colors, the circular detail and stairs are very, very nice. Enjoy.
PS how about a couple pics of the front view?
Kathryn Harpold

Helen said...

Love the colours of the drive - it seems a shame to cover it up with Ferdy and Gordon...

Hettie said...

I do love the colours on your drive. Look like someone has been using Perfect Pearls on there. Is that design circle thing especially for Ferdy to park on? LOL!!!

Siobhan Brignull said...

hat is so clever Hels and looks fab, love that you had some say in the colours..x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your driveway, remember no gardens look good at this time of year but not many will have a drive like yours. By the way I do believe your beautiful card could be for me - I'm still breakin' out and finding things out about myself at 63 LOL!

shirley henry said...

Love your drive...the colors are fab!

Love the touch of 'fired brick'.

Great card too!

Lori said...

Ooo, your driveway looks spectacular! Love it! And your art piece is wonderful!

Linda S. said...

How sweet of you to give us the much awaited pictures of the much awaited driveway and stairs. BEAUTIFUL!! It appears that your new steps are the wide, not too high type, which are certainly easier on old bones. (Not yours, but just in case I ever come to visit!) I bet the contractors will steal your idea of using the "fired brick" color in their next projects. Commission Time??

Becky said...

Aaaamazing! Do ya think they'd fly over the pond to my house? Nah, probably not. :) The drive is just amazing. I'm jealous! :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Woohoo! all done & it looks amazing..roll on next Weds! Have a great Sunday..xx

Shazza said...

looking fabulous, I love the colours of that stone x

Lynn Stevens said...

How cool,I've always wanted to have ours done. That stamped concrete is amazing.
So when you go to buy paint do you tell them frayed burlap or fired brick red ,etc? LOL Only you would think of colors in terms of Distress inks. LOL

craftimamma said...

Hels, that drive is ............. a work of art! It really is clever and very effective and I can just imagine what it will be like when you have the garden bits sorted out. This was definitely worth your wait!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS Love the sneak peek too, Lol!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Love the awesome driveway.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails