Sunday 2 January 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 135 - This Charming Man

Goodly morning Stampers and welcome to the first Sunday Stamper theme for 2011. Now before I go waffling on about the new theme etc, I have the winner of last weeks' candy to announce. The numbers are given to each commenter - if you enter your name gets two numbers - I popped the numbers into Mr. Random.org and he told me that #38 is the winner... and that number talllies with ...

JOANNA - Thank you for your entry and please can you email me your deets etc.




On with the new challenge theme... this week is a double one so you can use either or both... and the theme is: CHARMS/MEN. To join in with the challenge, all you need to do is make a piece of art, be it a card, ATC, tag, altered art - tis up to you - add in the theme and some stamping, leave me a comment here with a link to the place you are showing you art and I can hop on over to see. The theme will be open until 21:00 Saturday January 8th 2011.
I decided that it was high time I had a play with some Art Parts, Distress Inks and Studio 490 stamps yesterday and had a ball getting inky and messy and making this little hangy piece. The Art Part frame and base were covered with Paper Artsy Thorndon Hall papers (have you tried these yet??? THEY ARE LUSH!!!) Once I had stuck the paper to the frame, I gave it a good slap of Rock Candy Cracklepaint and set it aside to dry. I coloured the base paper with Bundled Sage and then overstamped with a ledger stamp using the same colour and then did a watercolour effect seed head stamp over that before stamping the sentiment in black Archival.




The Studio 490 stamps are fab for making dimensional flowers... I love how versatile these stamps are - you can have so many variations depending on how you layer them, colour them and overstamp backgrounds onto them. Oh and before I forget, all the bits and bobs used on this piece are available from The Stamp Attic.




As well as making the layered flowers, I also hit on the idea of making a different flower layer by stamping the mini love heart six times onto Grungepaper, cutting out, colouring front and back with Wild Honey, stamping dots onto the back, using a mini Fastener to pinch in the bottom of the hearts so they are more dimensional and then attaching them all together in a fan shape. Whatcha fink? I love this and will deffo be doing it again... think of the possibilities - metal, canvas... oooh, I want to play now LOL




My entry is the "charm" part of the theme, hence ten tonnes of bling, baubles and metal charms hanging from the chain and the scalloped base - I love this kind of thing though... you see, I make out that I am not at all girly and I only ever wear black or grey but deep down inside I do like a bit of sparkle...don't we all??? Anyways... I could sit here and waffle on alarmingly again for the next hour but that won't be getting me my beauty sleep (oh, and.... resolution #4 is still broken... even worse now - I haven't put away the basket of Maya Road charmy bits yet...) Right... time for bed... thanks for looking... have a brilliant day! TTFN

Hels x

30 comments:

Yvonne said...

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2011/01/sunday-stamper-men.html

Anonymous said...

I just finished a kit from Wendy and I am with ya! Art Parts are total fun and will become a 2011 addiction! luv your creation...xo cher

slbt17 said...

oh Hels - this is wonderful! So glad you are felling better!
Happy New Year!
Sandra ltb

Lynn Stevens said...

You have the best stash around. Great artsy piece Hels!

Helen said...

Yes, I love Art Parts! This is totally stunning - your mojo obviously hasn't deserted YOU - can you send some my way, please, fast?!

Brenda Brown said...

More gorgeous inkyness Hels - love it.
I hope you have a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Daniele said...

here is my Tag
happy new year to you Hels,

scrappin-scrappin said...

It is gorgeous Hels!!! Love the flower with the mini hearts!! Happy New Year to you!!

Lori said...

That mini heart as a flower is pure GENIUS, I tell you... GENIUS! Love the whole thing!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Charm-ing my dear, simply stunning....I luv luv luv your cre8tive flower, no...I luv the entire piece! wow

Krisha said...

LOVE the whole thing! Now I want to try this too. Happy New Year!

Jen said...

Oh, Hels - this is just GORGEOUS!!! I haven't had the opportunity to try Art Parts yet, but I am dying to. WOW, I would LOVE to have something like this hanging in my studio!!! You are just SOOOO talented - I aspire to be like you someday!!!! Happy New Year, my very creative friend!!

Kat said...

Hel's what a fab piece of art you have here,
loving all the bling & charms,
cool idea with the baby heart,
colours are grate, just up my street,
Kat.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Woooow, this piece is gorgeous! I love the charms, they look amazing together :)))
Thank you so much for the candy, I can't believe I am the lucky one! Yeeeeey!!!!
Ps. Just sent you the email, let me know if you haven#t received it.
Joanna xx

crafty creations said...

Stunning work of art hels - Mine is on my blog

Here

thanks for looking

Tracy Evans said...

Great piece as always Hels, love the charms especially the one in the centre of the flower at the bottom. Great sentiment too. My entry for this week is here. Have a great week. Tracy Evans x

Gillian .... said...

Hi Hels, hope my Fragment Charms count as one half of the theme, and my smile man as the other.

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/2011/01/house-of-horrors.html

Janet said...

Happy New Year Hels,your frame is gorgeous.my mini canvas is on
http://dash-paw.blogspot.com
Janet x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I have entered, but then you know that already!! lol
Thanks for the challenge :)))
xx

janita mantel said...

here is mine, i have take my father, i lost him one year ago ,and i miss him so. Hy was the nicest men i know, the best father you can have.

Vic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vic said...

I loved this theme! here's mine

Anonymous said...

Your hangy piece is a total stunner Hels!
I'm entering with a Christmas Tag! Lol!
Alison xx

Kat said...

Hi Hel's hers my entry for the sunday stampers,hope you like it!

http://katscraftcreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/flutterby-shadow-box.html

it's not quite so heavy on the charms as yours but it's not far off (lol)

Kat x
ps, thanks for the down low on all the abreviations (I still can't spell though (lol), x.;.)

Lori said...

Eeerrr, I just realized I don't have any stamping on my piece, but you can delete me if you wish! Any who, your piece is fab as usual Hels, Here's mine!

TinaB said...

Fabulous Hels!!

My Project is Here xx

Laura said...

Hi Huns

Sorry I haven't been in touch recently. Happy New Year to you. Mojo's have gone into hibernation I think. However I have made a contribution to your Sunday Stamper. Think you may recognize the stamps! Lol.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luvin' this GF, but I choose "men", hmmm exciting subject 'eh! Anyway, I've got my main squeeze posted, and you can dance with him here:
http://iwork4stamps2.blogspot.com/2011/01/blogger-challenge-king-of-rock-roll.html

Sue West said...

What totally gorgeous art as always Hels. Here's my entry, just managed to get it in this week. http://susiepinkink.blogspot.com/2011/01/rusty-wings_08.html
Sue xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Hello again ;) My entry is here:

http://underacreativespell.blogspot.com/2011/01/time-flieswhen-youre-having-fun-liiu-8.html

Happy Saturday!
Joanna xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails