Monday 11 October 2010

One Pill Makes You Smaller...

...helloooooo, I been gone a loooong time... actually I have been gone from Blogger for nearly two days!!! More of that later though... the title of today's post... is actually a line from the song White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane... which was a Sunday Stamper a while back where I made a little book using Mabel Lucie Attwell Alice in Wonderland designs which are now stamps from The Artistic Stamper.



Anyways... when Lynne contacted me the other day to see if she could use the pics on her brand new blog, The Altered Alice, of course I said yes straight away... HERE is the post she has written, tis a gorgeous blog by the way and certainly deserving of a visit.. but you have to read what she wrote about me... bless her... she is too kind... and yep, the cheque is in the post ROFL



Anyways... I have been gone from Blogland for two days because... yesterday... we went to see the British Touring Car Championship final meet at Brands Hatch... I always buy tickets for the final for Grim for his birthday - well, what do you get the man who has everything?? ROFL Anyways... we had THE most ridiculously early start... setting off from home at 5am to get there when the gates opened so we could get a good position to view the race... cos I can't stand about for long we always take our chairs and flasks and sarnies and stuff... we got THE best view from Paddock Hill and around Druids - which is usually where all the action is... and the weather was perfect too... and... best of all... Jason Plato won!!! *pic above from Evo news :O))* Yes indeedily, I sat watching the second race through my fingers cos winning it meant he had the season all stitched up neatly... and win it he did!!! A fabby day with a fabby result! So... I have spent most of today lolling about on the sofa relaxing and resting my poor old back... and thought I'd better get my bum in gear and catch up the land of the blog... and saw... I WON something too... yes, even more excitement for me... I won a signed set of Tim stamps on the Compendium of Curiosities challenge!!! How cool is that!!! However, I PROMISE I will not become insufferable about the signed stamp set... I mean, I did kinda go a bit over the top about the 100th collection that is signed... I did mention that didn't I??? ROFL Right... I am off to get inky and messy and please check back tomorrow... cos... it is the Warrior Women blog hop in honour of all women in the world who have suffered/are suffering with breast cancer... and there will be candy up for grabs too :O)) Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

8 comments:

Artyjen said...

Sounds like you had a great time :)
xoxo Sioux

whyducks said...

Congratulations hels on your win and your work, but I am still not going to forgive you, you were 10 mins away from duck mansions and you did not call in and say hi!

Helen said...

Glad you had a good weekend and congrats on winning the stamps. Not jealous, no, course not!

Brenda Brown said...

I just saw that you had won at Studio L3 and came to say congrats, well done amd woo hoo, that's brill. Glad you had a good weekend and I will see you Sunday at the workshop. Looking forward to it. B xoxox

Fliss said...

Glad to hear you had a good time Hels and many congratulations on your CCC win - lucky you!
Great white rabbit artwork too.
xx

Lynne Phelps said...

Hels, thanks for mentioning The Altered Alice feature about you! Don't worry about sending the check, just put the Attwell Alice stamps in the mail!!! ;-)

Hope Alfie the Cat apprecieates his mention as well, it was such a fun post to do about your FAB White Rabbit book, I love it!

Glad your driver won, and more smashing blog candy, you really are a lucky girl!

Daniele said...

congrats on the win Hels, sound like you had fun at the weekend
hugs

Lori said...

Seems like you've been a busy beaver while I've been away, and of course it's all gorgeous! And how cool is it that Ellen is coming to visit?? Awesome! This piece is wonderful, and so Alice! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails