Tuesday 24 August 2010

Teally Textured...

**edit... DOH! I just seen I spelt the title wrong... dur, musta left my brain cell in bed today LOL*
Goodly morning... I have a new favest product... I know, I seem to have fave things all the time ...but at the moment I am loving Viva Ferro... it is a metallicy gritty texture paste and I found out last night that it bubbles when you heat it up... a happy accident needless to say. I was faffing with a canvas for my last DT contribution for the Fiskarettes and was using the Ferro and stamping into it... I over watered my stamp and the surface of the Ferro was a tad...erm... soggy... so I used my heat gun to dry it off and it started to bubble... hurrah 'cos I have only a smidge of Terra left - which always bubbles when you use heat on it. If you would like to see how I made this canvas, please hop on over to the Fiskarettes - it should be on there shortly :O)) And because my other fave thing at the moment is making flowers, I used some Turquoise Ten Seconds Studio metal and the Paper Artsy Hot Picks flowers again... I loved those gold ones I made the other day, so made some more :O)) I popped some wire spirals behind them and a metal stud into the middle. I can feel an addiction coming on LOL




You will never guess what I found the other day... I meant to tell you but I think I blanked it from my mind cos it is rather yuk... if you are eating, you may want to look away now LOL You know that my AlfieCat has been playing outside since we moved and that we laughed at him at first and said he would never be able to catch anything? Well, of course, he proved us wrong, we have had several birdies and mices brought in for us... bless him, our little predator loves bringing pressies home for us. Well, the other day I was sitting in the living room watching the telly... and I heard some thumping about in the kitchen. I went to investigate and there was Alf, flinging a mouse about and playing with it... needless to say, I managed to grab Alf and get the mousey off him... too late for old Mickey though *sad face* so he had a burial in some tissue paper and off he went into the great big Mousey Hole in the sky. Later that day, AlfieCat is running around like a loon in the dining room... I didn't see evidence of mices so thought he was just having a mad moment... Well, the next morning as I was walking through the dining room you will never guess what I saw on the table! Mickey's brother! Yes, laying there on the table was a deceased mousey. Eeewwwwwww!!! We think that Alf brought home another mouse and was flinging it about like he does and it landed on the table... and... the table is out of bounds to him so obviously he couldn't go and retrieve it... I didn't know whether to be mad at him for bringing in yet another Mickey or to praise him for not going on the table! Serves us right for laughing at him and saying he would never be able to catch anything! He has got a collar that has a big bell on it... I reckon he turns into StealthCat when he goes outside. Anyways... I thought I would tell you what he has been up to cos a few peeps have been asking after him recently... there you have it, we have a seriously stealthy predator AlfieCat now LOL Thanks for stopping by... have a grand day... TTFN

Hels x

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm first!! Love this Hels, the colours are gorgeous. Love S xx
Ewwwwwwwwwww at what AlfieCat brought in, luckily we don't have too many like that as Jess is a scaredy cat! xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Stealth cat! great name :)) love the art too! p.s. very well trained cat- not to go on table.. wish mine were so good :((
mind you mouse on toast for breakfast .. kind of doesn't really seem the same as bacon!! lol

Helen said...

Totally tremendous texture. Those roses look great in turquoise.
Alfiecat is turning into a killer cat!! What are you feeding him on these days?!

Minxy said...

morning Hels, stunning canvas, loving the background...off now to see how you did it

Sandy said...

Wow this is really really beautiful. Love the structure. Awesoem creation hun. Love it.

Joanne said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I want some of that bubbly stuff.
AlfieCat is having great fun isn't he? Our Toby only ever caught a couple of mice and one bird all of which he brought home and let go. DH had to catch them and when he did, he got bitten!! Mind, Toby was a genious at catching other cats and giving them a good battering!!!
Luv Joanne xx

Artyjen said...

Love the term stealth cat! :) wait till he goes large and brings home a magpie like my Fitz did once!!! Mr magpie got away in the dining room and went and hid behind the computer desk LOL...meanwhile his partner outside was playing merry hell and causing one heck of a racket!!! We shut the door and opened the window and he eventually made his own way out unscathed!!! I swear the same magpie couple are still visiting every year.
xoxo Sioux
Great metal flowers love the centre bits too

Sid said...

Lovely shiny piece Hels, great stuff and background too !!

Zue said...

Love your turquiose piece, Hels, lots of lovely textures.

I've got that Vivo stuff, but not properly played yet. Got to try it now you know it bubbles; you know me and melting things.

Why can't cats eat slugs and snails and leave the birds and mice alone... well maybe not, even they have their place?

Sue xx

ellen vargo designs said...

Loving the Ferro... is it much different than the Terra? Just curious. Sounds about the same from your description, but... who knows? Gorgeous teal metal flowers. I'm getting very itchy to try Paper Artsy stuff = that flower stamp/die is to DIE for (it is Paper Artsy, isn't it?) Chat soon. Hugs, Els. xx

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous Hels. I have seen lots of gals from across the pond using this stuff but I can't find it here in the states.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Another keeper Hels, you go girl, on another flower roll!

scrappin-scrappin said...

This is beautiful Hels!! Love those flowers!! To funny about AlfieCat! lol

Sew This N That said...

Oh I haven't managed to visit for a couple of days, all that wonderful art I have missed!
I love them all of course, I love the flowers you made from metal...mmm I have some coke cans, wonder if I could you the metal?
Wow that tag is awesome. love the red tones :)
Oh and I lurve the hangy thingy from previous post...looks shiny with the metal on it :)
Have a great day Hels :)
*hugs* Heather x

Lori said...

Love this Hels! Yep, that TSS metal is my fave color! Looks wonderful with the Hot Picks. The texture is really great, too! Poor Alfie, he's just being a cat! rofl....

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

More gorgeousness Hels, loving the metal flowers :-)
As for Alfie, well a cat's got to do what a cat's got to do. We had a fairly small cat (when fully grown) at one time and came home with a fish as big as himself - oops must have been out of someone's pond :-/
Anne xx

Marijane said...

What an amazing technique! Until I went to the Fiskarettes blog I couldn't tell what you were talking about, but now I see. This is truly a technique that could be used in so many ways and on so many different surfaces. I love all the extra texture you added using your fingers!

Linda M. Cain said...

Love the colors!!! Gorgeous!

Oxana said...

WOW!!!! So beautiful!!!! Love background and texture!
Oxana

Lynn Stevens said...

I can just invision Stealth cat Alphie stalking out those poor mousies, I bet they dreaded the day Alphie cat moved into the neighborhood, now where no mice or birds are safe. LOL.
On another not I'm lovin that glimmer on your canvas, gorgeous girlie!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely scrumptious x And I have some of that ten second studio metal, so here I go...... to have a play too x Luv your cat!!! to x

Netty said...

I love your metal flowers Hels, they always look stunning. Not going to talk about the mice or birds......yuck. Annette x

whyducks said...

Oh I love this, it is so pretty, beautiful colours Hels. Bad Alfie cat, send him to visit me, the ducks would teach him not to mess with birds, (well foul anyway)and there is no way he would be able to pick up the pigeons we have round here, HUGE!

Sarah Anderson said...

Love those teal coloured roses Hels! But I'm glad Alfie cat doesn't live with me, wouldn't be too keen on the results of his stealth actions lol

Metallic dabber paint bubbles up when you heat it too! It's the binder they use to 'stick' the metal shine to the paint - cool!!!!!

Sarah A said...

Gorgeous colours Hels and I just want to touch those flowers!

Stealth cat is so apt for your Alfie, really made me laugh reading about his good table manners, don't think much of his breakfast treat though haha

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

love those colours Hels, fab piece of art. As for the cat, well he is a cat, its what they do, mine leave their little prizes outside thank goodness and we have feathers all over the lawn at the minute, think the pigeon got away minus a bit of his underwear, they took on a bit more than they could manage with him I think lol

Art By Wanda said...

Another gorgeous piece!!! I thought you wanted the title to say what it did and I thought "Teally" was referring to the color of the flowers... it definitely fit in my mind but maybe that is just a scary thought :-)) I guess if there is going to be a mouse in the house it should be a dead mouse!!!!

CuddlyBunny said...

Great piece!

julie m said...

i like the teal flowers.
aha! alfiecat has learned to sneak upon things without ringing his bell. it seems to com naturally. most cats figure it out pretty fast. crafty little buggers.

Shazza said...

love this Hels, one of my favest colours x

peggy gatto said...

shame on you, it's so neat!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails