Sunday 25 July 2010

Sunday Stamper - Week 113 - Love Of My Life...

...Morning Stampers! Many thanks to everyone who joined in with the challenge last week... loads of divine art has been made and I just love visiting you all to see your interpretations of the theme. Like last week's theme, the one with the twist, this week we have another twist on the song title theme... so *wonder how many times I can get the word theme into one sentence ROFL* the theme for this weeks challenge is... LOVE &/or LIFE... or both if you feel like it :O)) Now, have you heard of this song??? It is another one of my faves... oh I know, I have so many faves don't I??? Fickle creature that I am... I have been humming this one all day... it's an album track off A Night At The Opera by Queen and seeing as we haven't had a Queen song for yonks, I thought it was high time we remembered the amazing voice of the one and only Mr Freddie Mercury!




For my entry, I decided to use the Compendium of Curiosities theme this week on most of the bits on my art... *if you haven't heard of the CofC challenge if you hop over to Linda's blog, it tells you all about it there* The frame that I used as a base is actually half a box that I just took the hinges and clasp off... perfect size etc for a shadow box. I painted the whole lot with Traditional Tan paint *as if I would ever use anything else!* and then used some Terra in patches - this also covered up the holes left by the hinges etc. I heat dried the Terra to make it go warty... I love this texture! I then slapped a load of Rock Candy Cracklepaint onto it, let it dry and then coloured it with Brushed Corduroy DI and then went over with Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist which I dried as I spritzed.




The mini canvases and mini frame were covered with different papers, using Claudine's Multi Medium as an adhesive. I coloured these with DI's and then a few had some stamping on... note that this piece has got stamping on it... just not that much LOL




I added a load of bits and bobs to the canvases and frame; from the Idea-ology range, my box of junky bits and best of all... the Letterpress letters that spell LIFE - I have been hoarding these for a while now and they are too nice to have tucked away, they needed using :O)) On top of the F there is a little doggy from Monopoly... I salvaged this from a really old boardgame that was going in to the tip... I have some other of the little metal charms... they are so cute! The little birdy cage has a weensy birdy hanging in it... this is actually a pendant from Avon... I saw it in the catalogue and had to have one to use on an arty thing... the chain is really long too so that is double useful!




So... to join in with the challenge all you need to do is make a piece of art... card, ATC, Tag, tis up to you... include the theme and some stamping... then leave me a comment here with a link to the place you are showing your art and I can hop on over to visit you! The challenge will stay open until 21:00 Saturday July 31st '10. Thanks for looking and I hope you have a fab Sunday... I think that if it is a nice day Grim has decided that he going to try and sort out the garden... mmm, I will be tea making and standing about looking...erm... very useful ROFL TTFN

Hels x

47 comments:

Minxy said...

Beautiful sample, love all the elements you have incorperated... hoping it wont take me all week to join in with this one lol

Ann said...

Simply stunning as always Hels - so much detail, & inspirational, I love it. Hope to join in again :D xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous creation!!! LOVE all the detail!!!! So much eye candy to see!!!

Lori said...

Lovely dovely, Hels! I like the little Monopoly doggie, great idea! Wonderful piece, have to work on ideas, now!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FabUlous piece, Hels!! Love it!

SusanK said...

Hmmm...gotta think about this one. Yours is brilliant!

Pam Austin said...

Ah yes - another treasure to add to my Hels inspiration! I love all the dimensional elements. Fantastic - but I expect no less! :)

Sandy said...

OMG I´ve missed my words again. Hels what can I say ???
This is so great and special and unique. So beuatiful. I love it hun.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Lovely art..I have some monopoly pieces, but not got a clue where they are :(((( probably in the monopoly game!! hehehe
Hsve a good day gardening..think of me sitting here designing stamps while everyone else is in the garden and the sunshine............aaaw psml
See you tomorrow :)) Hugs x
P.S. will be back with mine later

Anonymous said...

Another piece of brilliant inspirational art Hels! Must look up that Queen song too! xx

Helen said...

I love Queen! Your box is amazing as ever. Where do you keep them all - have you run out of shelves in your new room of stash yet? Can't wait to get cracking on this one.

Anonymous said...

love all the elements youve used to create this piece - lots of interest.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Wow....yet another beautiful piece of art. How do you do it? Hope to be back soon!!

Xx

Unknown said...

Another cool piece Hels. I bet your so excited about the CHA release of the boxes you can alter to put all your little bits & bobs in. I think these will be huge (providing not too exp)lol always like to have a nosey thanks for sharing

Love Dawn xx

Shazza said...

this is just fabulous Hels, love it
x

lesleyanne said...

great challenge Hels
mine is in my blog
x

Andrea said...

just beautiful Hels and lots of detail, is it for a certain mans Birthday??? have a great day watching Graham trying to sort your garden, that should be an interesting watch after how you have said what a mess it is, lots love xx

Rosie said...

I loved looking at this piece, such a lot of interesting bits and pieces, especially those letter print blocks (coveted those madly). Where do you PUT all the things you make???

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, Hels - what an amazing piece! I could look at it for hours. Beautiful work!

Helen said...

Perfect theme this week Hels - I used it to make a Diamond Wedding anniversary card for my godmother.
here

Tracy Evans said...

Stunning art Hels, you take so much time and effort on your pieces and it is so worth while, they are very individual/unique and inspirational. I love those letterpress LIFE letters, they are yummy. My entry this week is here. Have a good Sunday. Tracy Evans x

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous Hels, what a great way to showcase all those yummy bits n pieces we collect and need looking at but usually end up in a drawer! Fab, fab, fab, I just love it! x

Hazel said...

You never cease to amaze me with your brilliant crafting. (Hope your making Grim lots of cuppas!) x

Kathy Eddy said...

This turned out fabby Hels. You make such beautiful things!

Lynn Stevens said...

Hels looks like a trip to Tim's candy store was in order for your wonderful collage box, so many goodies!!!! That Life word is to die for. I must find those! Incredible art again!!!!

Becky H said...

So how many jars of Trad Tan do you have? LOL Even though you use the same base color, all your art looks different. Brilliant! i don't have a blog so is there a way to join in the challenges?

2amscrapper said...

what a great piece! Here's my take on your challenge. I included the word Life : http://2amscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/07/blue-on-blue.html

ellen vargo designs said...

Hi Hon - Wanted to share this tag for this week's Sunday Stamper - I love the "umbrella man" - he's one of my fav's. Hope you had a lovely sunday. I also did your first tag today, but I'm not sharing! :) You'll be pleased to know you've convinced me to buy my first jar of Terra - see... told ya you'd get me eventually - you win. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so pretty and so inspiring! I'm very glad to have found you and your beautiful artwork through Lovely Linda's L3 blog and always look forward to seeing what you create next! :)

inge said...

Hello Hels,

where do you find the time to create something like this ? I need several days to create something alike...

I like the technique you used on the box to make it grungy.

cute little details : love the metal dog :) I have the same one in my possession together with some other stuff of such an old monopoly. I'm just sorry that it didn't had a cat in it because I'm a catlover, more than a doglover, so I didn't found a use for my dog..

I like all the little stuff on the canvases : it makes your eye travel around and look for all the details that are there.

greetings from belgium
Inge

Netty said...

Wow, this is fab Hells, such a load of work, have no idea where you find the time to create these wonderful projects. Totally gorgeous. Annette x

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous sample piece for this weeks theme Hels, love all the elements used to create this. Have made a quickie card for this theme which can be seen on my blog. TFL

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunday-stampers.html

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC - what a fabulous work of art - I hope that it will be prominently displayed

SusanK said...

This was fun! Mine certainly isn't nearly as posh and full as yours but it's mine and that's that. lol

http://susank-nimblefingers.blogspot.com/2010/07/live-life-youve-imagined.html

Anonymous said...

Great challenge Hels! Here's my entry xx

Elaine said...

Great piece yet again. Love all the bits and bobs - think I need to go shoppping!! Anyway here is my Queen bit: http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2010/07/queen.html

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

I'm back and you can find mine here

xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing art Hels, where do you find your inspiration....I just love your work......x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I have entered for the first time in weeks! Yah! Mine is
Here
Jennie x

Netty said...

Hi Hels, I have put mine on my blog today. Hope its OK. Annette x

inge said...

hello Hels,

i finally found the time ànd the project to participate in your sunday stamper challenge.

i don't know where I have to add my entry ?

You can find it on my blog : web.me.com/pinkepinke or directly here
http://tinyurl.com/2cd34d3

See you !
greetings from Belgium
Inge

Fiona said...

Hi Hels - you've been busy this week ;)

You can see mine here

Lori said...

Well, I used a form of the word LIFE, here's mine

Hazel said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous crafting! I've made a card to match a present wrapped for a special day tomorrow - sorry, no stamping involved x

Hazel said...

Sorry, didn't give the link - d'oh! It's here x

Unknown said...

Fab challenge. I love your sampler Hels. Heres my effort for this week. http://urbanblog-tianne.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunday-stamper-livelife.html

Hazel said...

another card here but still no stamping - sorry x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails