Friday 12 March 2010

Layering It On....For The Gingersnaps

...Over on the Gingersnap Creations blog there is a brand new tutorial ... by yours truly...that is if I have scheduled it all properly and remembered to put the right time in!!! The theme of the tut is Layers. Oh, perfect for me cos I love making as many layers as possible...make-up, clothing, sandwiches, cakes, art....ah, yes, I am a layering girl LOL




This is the piece that I made for the project...full step by steps are over on the Gingersnap Blog if you would like to see how I made it...and I would reeeeeally love it if you left me a comment over there too...I know, I am a cheeky moo asking for two lots of comments...but...if you didn't leave any comments at all I would cry :O)) All of the yummy stash used on today's piece, for example the delish Studio 490 stamps, are available from The Stamp Attic.




I am away to my bed now...it is 2am and I am scheduling this to go live (did I just sound like I knew what I was on about then?) at 5am....and I fully intend to stay in bed til at least...ooooh, 9am...a lay in...on a Friday??? Decadence LOL




Thanks for looking and have a great day...and if you missed the tut on making the metal rose and heart from yesterday, please just scroll on down, it is just below this post :O))

Hels x

21 comments:

julie m said...

fantastic tut on the metal thingie. it is definitely too cool for words. if you ever decide you don't want it any more... i like today's project too. you are so talented. glad to hear you had no prob with the mri.

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is fabulous.
Amazing designa again. Love the powerful colors.

Have a wonderful weekend hun.

Claire said...

Stunning work Hels, love those colours. Hope you enjoy your lie in, I'm off to check out the tut on Gingersnaps
Claire xx

Diane.W. said...

I was awake at 5am'ish,lol!!!
Enjoy your lie-in :o)x

Daniele said...

just another fantastic piece Hels...I thought I was the only one to create late at night although I've never stayed up crafting till 2.00am...loving the colour combo off to check out gingersnapers

Helen said...

Wow, 2am! Couldn't be doing that. Gorgeous work again here, fantastic colours, flowers, etc. Ok, will leave another gushing tribute on gingersnap too, enjoy yur lie in.

Dan said...

This has a lovely autumnal glow to it, my favorite colours!

flutterbycrafter said...

Well, what can I say, fantabitozie, love it, love all the layers, elements, everything. The colours are amazing. xx

Joanne said...

amazing again Hels. Luv the colour combo and the butterfly is very clever. xx

lesleyanne said...

fantastic piece of artwork Hels
love all the layers
glad you got through the mri
ok
hugs lesley xx

Unknown said...

All I can say is ....Nobody does it better - brilliant

Helena said...

Wonderful piece once again, Hels!

Anonymous said...

A work of beauty! Off to find out all your secrets!

Andrea said...

loving the mix of colours just perfect, another great creation Hels and hope you get some sleep xx

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE this! Layering is my middle name! (at least with my Cricut creations LOL) Pile it on, I say!Great tut! I especially love the metal foliage and clock hand on the butterfly. (May have to "borrow" that! with full credit of course.) xxD

fay said...

i love this and went to gingersnap to see how you did it. It is beautiful. which of wendy's stamps did you use?

Rosie said...

As always ... just gorgeous, and thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Lori said...

Fab piece! I just love the colors you used, I'll go leave some love on the other blog! Toodles!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh i love that - the colours are great and the layers are fantastic xx

Alexandra said...

2am...... that's how you manage to create so much Hels. Your secrets out now, you're an arty owl, while the rest of us sleep.
I love this wall hanging too, the colours are so warm, gorgeous, just what we need when it's so cold outside, frosty this am, though we had beautiful sunshine too.
ttfn,
Alexandra

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Wonderful piece of art Hels ;) Love the colours too. Will pop over and leave another comment ;)
Anne xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails