Monday 23 March 2009

With Love.....From Me To You!

Morning,

I am taking part in a swap where each member makes a little something special for the next person on the list. The swap is nearly finished now and I have made my last two pieces and sent them out.




Here is one of the ones - yes, it is another Suspended Art (love that new name) piece using the usual mountboard, Grungeboard and inks.




The colours I used are Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick. Applied direct to the pre-gesso'd mountboard, (which I had actually used the Gesso and a dotty stamp to make a different background), I blended the inks and then spritzed using water.




The stamp is another of those gorgeous ones by PaperBag Studio's. Stamped in Timber Brown StaZon and then highlighted with Glossy Accents, I added Grungeboard letters and pieces from the Nature pack. The Grungeboard was coloured with Distress Ink and then I used Distress Stickles to add a little sparkle to the pieces. All the above inks, Stickles and Grungeboard are available from The Artistic Stamper.




I used some mini clips to make a hanger, using some gingham ribbon and a couple of large beads to secure it. Finally, as ever, I used some beaded braid - oh, I do love this fringing and I will be selling it soon on eBay - please watch my Blog for the details as I will be selling it soooo cheap that you will be able to buy three times as much for what you will pay in the shops!!!! Bargains!!




Anyways, I hope that you have a great day - it is blowing a gale here in Luton, I have some washing for the line but am worrying that it may just blow all over the neighbourhood and I certainly don't want my "not so smalls" waving at me from a nearby tree LOL

Thanks for looking and I hope that Shaz, who this was made for enjoys it as much as I did making it.

Hugs Hels xxx

4 comments:

Steph said...

Just beautiful. I really love the colours you've used x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's fabulous Hel's and Shaz will absolutely love it ;) The stamp is lovely
Anne xx

Amy said...

this is so beautiful beyond words! I just adore all the sparkle's..will make a wonderful gift and treasure!

Andrea said...

more stunning artwork of yours, love it xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails