Sunday 22 March 2009

Sunday Stampers - Week 52 - Diamonds Are Forever

Morning Stampers,

Thank you ever so much for all your lovely comments and entries last week. I have chosen a winner from the many great suggestions for my "hanging art" re-naming.

And the winner is.......

Liverpool Lou for her suggestion Suspended Art. However, because this is very similar to another suggestion from Shaz (Suspension Art) I have decided to give both of you a prize :O)) I will pop something into the post for you tomorrow. And thank you for the great suggestion, at least now I will have a proper name for all these little boardy things I am making! LOL

Right then, for the challenge this week I have chosen the theme Diamonds. You can use any kind of diamond on your artwork - be it a diamond shape, diamond ring, necklace, real diamonds....actually, scrap that last idea cos that would just be wasteful :O)) All you need to do to join in is make something, card, ATC, altered art, anything really, as long as there is some aspect of stamping included...and then please leave me a message on this post with a link to the place you are showing your work.

I made a card earlier this week for my friend Linda who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow. I can show it now though as she has already opened the card so no surprises are being spoiled!




I used a massive size card that I just got from QVC, believe me, it is huge, almost A4 in size but totally fab for making a special card and getting as much stuff on the front of it as possible, which is always my way!




I stamped a Crafty Individuals diamond stamp in clear embossing ink and then used white UTEE and heat set this. I used Scattered Straw and Pine Needles Distress Ink to colour over the surface of my card mount and spritzed water to get a distressed look. I made a square from Core-Dinations cardstock and ran this through the Cuttlebug using the Diamond Embossing Folder. I then cut this with a Nestabilitie die to make a scalloped square. Next, I sanded the cardstock to reveal the different coloured core of the card. This was mounted behind a piece of card that I had inked and stamped using those fantastic new stamps from Home Impressions. I added a couple of flower stem images to this image and then I attached some beaded fringe to the piece using Glossy Accents.




I used some pieces of lace and ribbon across the card mount, attaching them at different angles so you can see the textures and then using Claudine Helmuth's sticky canvas, I stamped a couple of flower images by Darkroom Door and painted them with Distress Inks. These were attached to the card using silicone glue and then behind them, I pushed a couple of fancy headed pins which I had threaded with beads.




Thanks for looking and I hope that you enjoy the challenge this week.

Hels x

24 comments:

K said...

here is my postcard challenge

Sue said...

This is fab Hels, and a great description of how you made it. Will get my thinking cap on for the diamonds xx

Flippinpest said...

Thanks for the tips. This is an amazing card!

shaz earl said...

Oh wow thank you Hels thats very lovely of you xx and i love your card too , but how funny this weeks challenge is diamonds as i have just made a card using such the very thing will blog it later when it's dry xx

shaz earl said...

Have blogged my card now xx

Andrea said...

the pictures do not do this beautiful card justice as I have seen this in the flesh and it is just the most stunning card I have seen in ages, love it Hels your a talented lady xx

AliMayes said...

Superb sample Hels - I have some of those enormous cards too but unlike you I find it quite difficult to fill the space!
Anyway here is my diamond topper. Thanks for looking.
Ali xx

Heather Robinson said...

Your artwork is just so deliciously gorgeous!! I created a round robin journal page for this week's theme. Thanks for having a look.

Rachel said...

Here's mine
diamonds

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh yippee!!! The card is gorgeous Hels ;) Not sure what I'm doing for this week, I'm thinking of a little book.
Anne xx

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

A great challenge, mine's here xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks for joining in everyone....loving your interpretations of the diamonds xx

Unknown said...

It is even more lovely in real life - Thank you so much Hels X

Shazza said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Hels
x

Dragon said...

OOO This is lovely work as ever, Hels!! I shall do the challenge this week, now, what about you doing mine??? Visit my blog to see what it is!!! Tee hee
Frankie
xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Mine's here http://liverpoollou.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Stampers
Anne xx

Ang C said...

I have made an ATC which fits in perfectly for this challenge


http://angelclog.blogspot.com/2009/03/lots-to-do-challenge-wire.html

Hels Sheridan said...

:O)) thanks peeps xx

NETTI said...

Hello - this blog challenge is new to me....just found you!
My 'diamond' piece is posted on my blog....
http://nettiatkins.blogspot.com/2009/03/sunday-stamper.html

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks Netti, loving your artwork :O))

crafty creations said...

beautiful work Hels

Mine is on my blog

Thanks for looking

Hazel said...

Fantastic crafting, Hels. My card isd here

Atlas Equipments said...

It’s hard to come by experienced people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about ... Thanks ....

- Vacuum De-Watering System | Vacuum De Watering System | Tar Sprayers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails