Thank you ever so much for all your lovely comments and entries last week. I have chosen a winner from the many great suggestions for my "hanging art" re-naming.
And the winner is.......
Liverpool Lou for her suggestion Suspended Art. However, because this is very similar to another suggestion from Shaz (Suspension Art) I have decided to give both of you a prize :O)) I will pop something into the post for you tomorrow. And thank you for the great suggestion, at least now I will have a proper name for all these little boardy things I am making! LOL
Right then, for the challenge this week I have chosen the theme Diamonds. You can use any kind of diamond on your artwork - be it a diamond shape, diamond ring, necklace, real diamonds....actually, scrap that last idea cos that would just be wasteful :O)) All you need to do to join in is make something, card, ATC, altered art, anything really, as long as there is some aspect of stamping included...and then please leave me a message on this post with a link to the place you are showing your work.
I made a card earlier this week for my friend Linda who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow. I can show it now though as she has already opened the card so no surprises are being spoiled!
I used a massive size card that I just got from QVC, believe me, it is huge, almost A4 in size but totally fab for making a special card and getting as much stuff on the front of it as possible, which is always my way!
I stamped a Crafty Individuals diamond stamp in clear embossing ink and then used white UTEE and heat set this. I used Scattered Straw and Pine Needles Distress Ink to colour over the surface of my card mount and spritzed water to get a distressed look. I made a square from Core-Dinations cardstock and ran this through the Cuttlebug using the Diamond Embossing Folder. I then cut this with a Nestabilitie die to make a scalloped square. Next, I sanded the cardstock to reveal the different coloured core of the card. This was mounted behind a piece of card that I had inked and stamped using those fantastic new stamps from Home Impressions. I added a couple of flower stem images to this image and then I attached some beaded fringe to the piece using Glossy Accents.
I used some pieces of lace and ribbon across the card mount, attaching them at different angles so you can see the textures and then using Claudine Helmuth's sticky canvas, I stamped a couple of flower images by Darkroom Door and painted them with Distress Inks. These were attached to the card using silicone glue and then behind them, I pushed a couple of fancy headed pins which I had threaded with beads.
Thanks for looking and I hope that you enjoy the challenge this week.
Sunday, 22 March 2009